Review The Grand Final Disaster of 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest factor in this loss from a game point of view is the total inability to get a centre clearance from winning tucks.
Lost the Centre clearances 12 - 14 it was our supposed outside runners that failed the test far more than the guys at the coalface.

Lack of class at the elite level still a major issue.

Too many players just become useless when the pressure is turned up.

Atkins being one of the worst.
I'm still more than happy to trade him. Way too soft.

Like every other game this year, if you don't turn up you lose. We didn't turn up. They pushed us around and we didn't respond. Picked a bad day for it. Hard to win on their home ground in front of their crowd.
We only ever lose if we don't show up.

In other words, we are STILL mentally soft

Who knows. Now we have lost one we might get our head out our asses.

Or we may turn to complete s**t.

Either way it will shape us.

Oh and See ya later lever. If there's a silver lining Glad you didn't knick off with a premiership medal in a twisted way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst thing for me is that I actually thought we would win, and I rarely ever feel like that. I felt it when we played Richmond earlier in the year. I was a bit worried that it was a day game at the MCG, where Richmond plays all the time, but I honestly thought the Crows team that beat GWS and Geelong would turn up. They would've been unbeatable. Instead the team that played North Melbourne and Melbourne turned up. I have to wonder where their heads were today.

Can't believe they couldn't withstand the pressure, knowing that it would be coming like that. Just devastated and disgusted at their lack of composure and incompetence.

Don't think you guys can win one with this list/game style. Doesn't work at the MCG which is where GF's are won. Commiserations
MCG is not the problem. Our players didn't show up and played like garbage.

Losing a gf to Richmond ffs
This club is finished
Forty year prem drought coming up
Maybe then it will be our turn to go begging to the afl

Sent from my GT-S7275T using Tapatalk

Matt Crouch - One of 3 that can walk with his head up high, never gave up.
Sloane - Our TRUE Captain!
Laird - Tried and Tried. No help though.
Brown - Out played all game, maybe injured?
Hartigan - Like Laird, but with sh*t kicking skills!
Jenkins - Weak! Coward! 200cm of jelly
Tex - Nothing for most of the game.
Lynch - Error and error
Eddie - Tried at times, Richmond did what they like to me with Umps looking away.
CC - Injury seemed to slow him down? Never got a chance to run off.
Otten - Should of been dropped! Did nothing and was totally useless.
Greenwood - Good 1st Q, then never saw him again!
Seedsman - Popped up here and there, didn't do anything.
Talia - Worst game I've seen him play, so slow!
Lever - ......
Kelly - Tried his guts out under total pressure in the D50.
Douglas - LOL No pressure! no guts!
Knight - Was he even playing?!
Atkins - In the 1st Q, showed something, then did f**k all for the rest of the game. Normal game be his standards....
Brad - Useless and when he had the ball, other gave it away or put pressure on his team mate.
Mackay - Never let him play again!
Sauce - What is the point of winning the tap if you tap it to the Richmond players! Took some nice marks in D50 but that's it.

Richmond just wanted it more after the 1st Q, Umps helped Richmond in the 2nd Q but we missed to many shots on goal to keep us in the game. Then the Crows didn't turn up after half time...

What a waste of a year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back