List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

What will we pay for Kelly?

• 2019 1st, future 2020 1st and 2nd for Kelly and their 2020 2nd

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • 2019 1st and future 2020 1st

Votes: 99 46.9%
  • 2019 1st plus a player e.g. Petrucelle, Brander

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • 4th rounder and Kurt Mutimer

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone bends and cowers to sjw nonsense. You emotional extremests are only a minority of society. Geelong can say no and they're not horrible people for saying no.

Emotional extremist? Ok

Empathy for parents wanting to be around extended family for support means I’m a terrorist now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nat Fyfe thinks showing TK the money will enable the dockers to land him. Thats one factor, but Chris Scott is probably doing what he can to stop Kelly going to the club of his choice. Scott has to accept the fact that Kelly doesn't want to stay and respect his bloody wishes

Tim Kelly would be pi**ed if he is forced to go to the draft and get picked by another club

Money over on field success, friends, family, flags?

Morally should be staying at Geelong? What? He has fulfilled his contract and now wants to move to a different club. It's not like our coach and captain flew over and met with him during the season whilst he was under contract like a certain Geelong based club did with a certain Adelaide based player, now that would be immoral.

Players don't have that right until they're Free agents. He still requires 6 more years to the club if he wants to elect his own club. Otherwise it's walk into the draft. OOC means nothing when you're not a FA. IF you're not offered an ew contract that's different but TK was offered 800k by Geelong.

Anyway see what happens in 2 days. Aka if he rules out Freo this time or elects both. Most people get what he's trying to do which is why Geelong are playing hardball.

Players don't have that right until they're Free agents. He still requires 6 more years to the club if he wants to elect a trade. Otherwise it's walk into the draft. OOC means nothing when you're not a FA. IF you're not offered an ew contract that's different but TK was offered 800k by Geelong.

Anyway see what happens in 2 days. If he rules out Freo this time or not
Would Geelong really be willing to let him walk to the draft for nothing when either 13 + 22 or 13 + 2020 first rounder is on the table?

Absolutely not, peanut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players don't have that right until they're Free agents. He still requires 6 more years to the club if he wants to elect his own club. Otherwise it's walk into the draft. OOC means nothing when you're not a FA. IF you're not offered an ew contract that's different but TK was offered 800k by Geelong.

Anyway see what happens in 2 days. Aka if he rules out Freo this time or elects both. Most people get what he's trying to do which is why Geelong are playing hardball.

And yet a contracted Jack Steven just MUST get to Geelong because of mental health issues.... (for a 2nd rounder... he is only a 4-time B&F winner... how many does TK have again?)

basically, from what I have seen so far (coach, list manager and 85% of BigFooty supporters) blue and white hoops must be the color of hypocrisy.

Dylan82 is there any rumblings on this media statement from TK? Also are you hearing anythign in regards to Gaff and this other Non A grade midfielder we are chasing from melbourne?

Firstly, I’d like to apologise about the previous post that mentioned T.Kelly would be making a media statement today. The information was obviously false and misleading (as it has not happened) and I’m very disappointed that a source that I had previously trusted would pass on such incorrect information. I now consider this source to be compromised. Going further, I shall be making sure in future that any specific information posted here is thoroughly verified.

My own personal opinion is that T.Kelly will likely keep a low profile until after the Geelong B&F, which means plenty of time for more red herrings to surface before then.

As mentioned elsewhere here, his body language last night in addition to comments made by J.Darling and C.Scott’s desperate standover performance each lend weight to the speculation that all parties involved know the deal is getting closer to becoming a formality than possibility.

I’m pretty confident the “unknown midfielder in a different role to T.Kelly” was S.Bolton, which would make sense considering what we now know about the W.Rioli situation.

I have not seen anything further that details players West Coast may be targeting.

I have received nothing of any substance that names Gaff.

There are some messages going around about “something big going down out west” that is separate from T.Kelly, but that is as far as they go – no details given when asked further, so I’m not considering them as anything more than speculation at the moment until additional details are provided.

If the cats play hardball (and they will), and no trade can be made, what other options do we have to get him to our club?

PSD is no chance IMO - we can't financially out-bid any potential suitors to that degree.

So the only chance is national draft. And realistically we would probably need Melbourne's pick #3 (I'm assuming as per today's reports GC get a priority, and will pick the 2 young guns from Oakleigh).

Melbourne, according to media reports, have an interest in splitting that pick into multiple first-round picks (due to the evenness of the draft after the top 2) - so the potential is there at this early stage.

How we get there is the main issue - pick 3 in points (not at all a perfect system, but just using what we have) is worth around picks 14 (held by WC already after priority pick) and 15. IF Melbourne were willing to accept the points equivalent then we would need to look at Dogs/GC/Brisbane picks around ours as targets. But, I don't think points equivalent would do it - and I also think there is a likelihood that if pick 3 were on the table for Kelly (and maybe a 4th rounder back to us) Geelong would likely accept. We'd be happy enough as the 4th rounder offers better value (and more certainty just in case GC do want to draft TK).

All hypothetical of course - TK hasn't even confirmed he wants out again, let alone nominated WC. And other than dusty and an additional 3 first rounders we don't have - the cat's haven't yet nominated an achievable starting point for a trade (obviously would only happen after the confirmation of wanting to leave should that eventuate).

Nat Fyfe thinks showing TK the money will enable the dockers to land him. Thats one factor, but Chris Scott is probably doing what he can to stop Kelly going to the club of his choice. Scott has to accept the fact that Kelly doesn't want to stay and respect his bloody wishes

Tim Kelly would be pi**ed if he is forced to go to the draft and get picked by another club

Pretty sure Fyfe burnt Kelly in his acceptance speech towards the end ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Honest question: does anyone think Willie's latest indiscretion will deter TK from nominating West Coast? I am hoping it won't matter and TK will understand that no club is immune, and West Coast have (until now) a spotless rep in the last decade, but you never know how Geelong might try to take advantage of Willie's situation in their dealings with Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back