List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

What will we pay for Kelly?

• 2019 1st, future 2020 1st and 2nd for Kelly and their 2020 2nd

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • 2019 1st and future 2020 1st

Votes: 99 46.9%
  • 2019 1st plus a player e.g. Petrucelle, Brander

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • 4th rounder and Kurt Mutimer

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we just get some clarification in here - if Kelly walks to the draft It’s the pre season draft, not the national draft, and you can’t trade picks in the PSD. So no, we can’t simply move up the draft order if Kelly walks, and given it’s based on previous finishing order, we’d need to rely on none of the 13 clubs before us selecting him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he can nominate for either (or both?). I thought the same, but was corrected by a more knowledgeable poster. I guess it would mean that we would just need to trade up to below Freo in that case and tell Tim we'll take him. We can then shop the pick to Geelong and say, if you don't take it, we'll pick him up with it anyway.

Deal is pretty much done already ive been told. A few nicetieis being figured our regarding a swap of 2nd rounders in 2020 to this year may hold it up a little but in principle its done

Eagles will obtain Hawks pick 11 for our 2 2nd rounders which goes to F/S bid. We then trade pick 11 and 14 for Kelly but get a 2nd rounder back this year of some sort from Geelong

We play as a defensive unit. We had a long period this year without TB and went alright

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The defensive unit part is true, but with TB out of the side we got severely shown up.
When he did come back he was completely out of form and we payed the price in a few games (the RD 22 Game against Richmond being one of them IIRC). My point being you still need a strong key lock down defender for the 1v1 contest against power forwards. TB leaves we are screwed

I think he can nominate for either (or both?). I thought the same, but was corrected by a more knowledgeable poster. I guess it would mean that we would just need to trade up to below Freo in that case and tell Tim we'll take him. We can then shop the pick to Geelong and say, if you don't take it, we'll pick him up with it anyway.

If he enters the draft will he be set to a rookie wage/ 2 year contract ?

Deal is pretty much done already ive been told. A few nicetieis being figured our regarding a swap of 2nd rounders in 2020 to this year may hold it up a little but in principle its done

Eagles will obtain Hawks pick 11 for our 2 2nd rounders which goes to F/S bid. We then trade pick 11 and 14 for Kelly but get a 2nd rounder back this year of some sort from Geelong

Pick 14, 22, 32 for Kelly + 2nd

Looks good.

Hot sauce or tomato sauce ?

Robertson, Rivers and Sharp all likely heading too freo
If they receive pick 6 and 22 for hill and Langdon.
(Along with there original draft picks)

Disappointing!!!

Robertson, Rivers and Sharp all likely heading too freo
If they receive pick 6 and 22 for hill and Langdon.
(Along with there original draft picks)

Disappointing!!!
In the past two drafts they’ve taken one West Australian in a total of 11 picks - mature age ruckman Scott Jones who was taken with their seventh and final pick in 2017. They’ve taken as many Tasmanians as West Aussies.

So how exactly is it “likely” that they’ll load up on all the local players you happen to like? It’s possible. But likely?

And are you suggesting that we pull out of the Kelly deal in the hope of getting to those players first?

In the past two drafts they’ve taken one West Australian in a total of 11 picks - mature age ruckman Scott Jones who was taken with their seventh and final pick in 2017. They’ve taken as many Tasmanians as West Aussies.

So how exactly is it “likely” that they’ll load up on all the local players you happen to like? It’s possible. But likely?

And are you suggesting that we pull out of the Kelly deal in the hope of getting to those players first?

More of my opinion than anything else, just seeing as they will “likely” have a lot of early and mid round picks and from what I’ve seen the 3 WA boys are quality. Chances are they may only pick 1 of the 3 up come draft day, just trying to get the ball rolling past 159 odd pages of Tim Kelly trade hypotheticals.
I’m a bit over it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And No, not suggesting we pull out of the Kelly deal at all. Don’t know how u came to that conclusion

true but at the end of the day, we didn`t want him enough ,which was understandable ..

Hindsight shows we probably could have gone back to back this year if we had gotten Kelly ..To compete with Richmond and get a edge and keep improving ..We need to make sure we don`t mess this up ..
Difficult to make that leap. My view is that we probably lacked the mental hunger to win it this year. In a professional sporting environment, being even the slightest bit off can derail us. We added talent in Gaff, Shep and Naitanui to the team that won through the finals last year, but we’d put ourselves behind the 8-ball by not finishing top 2 (or at least top 4). And that came down to just not switching on enough rather than talent.

Getting the impression that this will be done on Monday. This has been coming for 12 months, a lot of huffing and puffing has taken place in public and both clubs have other deals in mind that can only take place after this one has been concluded.

It is in the best interests of all parties (particularly T.Kelly) to get this out of the way early and move on.

Phone has been buzzing all night but have only just got in from a few drinks and will leave it until tomorrow now before going through them. If there turns out to be anything worthwhile, I'll add it here later on.
Oi! Dylan. DYLAN, you son-of-a-gun. It’s tomorrow already. Wake up and tell us the trade news. WillieNillie has already overtaken you with the Kelly update.

Getting the impression that this will be done on Monday. This has been coming for 12 months, a lot of huffing and puffing has taken place in public and both clubs have other deals in mind that can only take place after this one has been concluded.

It is in the best interests of all parties (particularly T.Kelly) to get this out of the way early and move on.

Phone has been buzzing all night but have only just got in from a few drinks and will leave it until tomorrow now before going through them. If there turns out to be anything worthwhile, I'll add it here later on.
Wake up Dylan!

Difficult to make that leap. My view is that we probably lacked the mental hunger to win it this year. In a professional sporting environment, being even the slightest bit off can derail us. We added talent in Gaff, Shep and Naitanui to the team that won through the finals last year, but we’d put ourselves behind the 8-ball by not finishing top 2 (or at least top 4). And that came down to just not switching on enough rather than talent.
Also a very tough draw, AFL pretty much gifted our spot in the 4 to Richmond

You seem to get "told" a lot of things and I don't recall seeing any of them actually come to pass. Do you get your jollies making up bullshit and posting it on the net as if you're in the know?

FMD what is it with these dribblers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back