List Mgmt. The Kelly and All Draft and Trades Discussion Thread- #freetim #ITSHAPPENING

What will we pay for Kelly?

• 2019 1st, future 2020 1st and 2nd for Kelly and their 2020 2nd

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • 2019 1st and future 2020 1st

Votes: 99 46.9%
  • 2019 1st plus a player e.g. Petrucelle, Brander

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • 4th rounder and Kurt Mutimer

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I’d be going hard for the saints pick 6. Even if it takes 14 and next years first. One pick infront of freo, removes their threat altogether. Offer that and that only to Geelong. If not, we threaten to draft him there anyway. Plus 14 for brad hill sounds about right.
******* excellent throwback presence you have, my guy. :handok:

Of course it's nothing new, but my point is that Geelong fabricated the idea of Freo having a shot at changing his mind and it's caught on everywhere. As an example for this season, it would only hypothetically happen with Daniher if Sydney had finished higher than GWS this season & Essendon brought up the idea of a bidding war between Sydney & GWS to get maximum value, but most likely not many clubs would even consider doing something like that

I do get what you are saying, and there is truth to it. It hasn't really caught on though. Most commentators and pundits see through it and dispel any notion that Freo has a chance. Only people peddling this are people outside football circles and Damien Barrett.

Apparently there was some sound bite that he gave at the airport that will be on 10 news at 5pm. Make sure you let us East Coast Eagles know what he says.

Last edited:

Ok catch me up - whos Dylan and why are we waiting for him to wake up?
He's our oracle descended from the holy mountain, clutching the golden tablets of football, he's our fountain of leather pill knowledge, the high priest of facts and data crunching...but today, it seems on here that he has slept in and is a very naughty boy?

I got a question.

Why should we give up two high picks when Adelaide only got pick 9, 28 and Dean Gore for Dangerfield.

Honestly this for the good of interstate sides trading in future we need to make a stand and this should come into consideration.
We should offer pick 14,23 and a player like Chris Masten.

Nothing more and two high picks inst reasonable to us. Go to draft if this gets rejected. Tired of Geelongs hypocrisy in all of this.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AFL website like everyone else still discussing the prospect of Freo getting Kelly. FFS they shouldn't be in the conversation anymore. This has only happened because Geelong raised the idea of him joining them & fueled even further due to anti-Eagles bias. Kelly has reiterated for a 2nd year that he is only interested in going to our club. Is anyone discussing whether GWS should try to get Daniher just because he wants to join the Swans/wants to live in Sydney (even if they don't need him)?

Edwards is our only Key defender coming through? Rotham? Add to that Watson for the Jetta/Hurn roles. Finally Mcgovern and Barrass are not exactly old (27 and 23). We got a bit of time.

I got a question.

Why should we give up two high picks when Adelaide only got pick 9, 28 and Dean Gore for Dangerfield.

Honestly this for the good of interstate sides trading in future we need to make a stand and this should come into consideration.
We should offer pick 14,23 and a player like Chris Masten.

Nothing more and two high picks inst reasonable to us. Go to draft if this gets rejected. Tired of Geelongs hypocrisy in all of this.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

While it has been quite off putting seeing how Scott and Wells have chosen to handle this situation, I have arrived at the opinion that we just need to be the bigger people and get it done. We tend to attach a fixed value to draft picks, reality is that if Kelly was in the draft and we had pick 1, we would use it on him. He is our biggest target, and has been for well over 12 months now.

The sealer for me was watching trading day on Kayo on Wednesday. Jon Ralph was talking about the "cost of getting Kelly". He made a great point that if we secure this trade, next year we will have Nic Nat in the centre square tapping to Shuey on one side and Kelly on the other.

Throw in Yeo, Gaff & Sheed and we would have one of the/if not the most formidable midfield combinations in the league and puts us well in contention for 2020, and quite possible equal favourites for the flag.

Last edited:
Yeah very surprised by that. Ellis wasn't worth an end of first rounder but neither was Lycett.

I wonder how much Richmond getting Lynch free last year came into the AFL's decision?
It's done way better in the NFL. Lose the best RB in the league, here's a 3rd round pick (almost 100). Lose an average quality starting TE, get an end of 6th round. Lose a backup, get nothing. Lose a star, but sign one too, they offset and you get nothing. The benefit of losing a player is primarily not having to pay them, not the pick you get.

The door is wedged open, wells has billy's shoe and the door is not shutting
You know on occasions we get absolutely pissed off by Victorian clubs raping the interstate and expansion clubs and then patting themselves on the back for their astute recruiting.
And then when the boot is on the other foot they squeal like stuck pigs.
I recommend that you take you whinging back and sit and cry with the big sook who is your coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edwards is our only Key defender coming through? Rotham? Add to that Watson for the Jetta/Hurn roles. Finally Mcgovern and Barrass are not exactly old (27 and 23). We got a bit of time.
I agree. We have good young talent coming through. We don't need to be drafting a first round kid every year. Realistically not every one of them is a diamond. We are in the premiership window now. We should be doing all we can to capitalise.

You mean I just scrawled through 14 odd pages to see a Dylan post with some info but all I got was a deranged feline banging on likes he’s on a bad acid trip

72270359-17D8-42DA-B8C6-BFED7E9700F3.jpeg

I think Dylan has Chicky’s alarm clock. Might wake up wondering how the hell paint got in his hair too...😉
Turns out Dylan's phone pinging away when he was out on the piss was his mum/wife/partner telling him to get the * home and now he's had his internet privileges cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back