The Liberal Party - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont have any facts. I told you the facts and the science.
You didn't come within a country mile of a fact. I'd rather trust NASA, the National Academy of Sciences and every major university over some weirdo on BF, thanks.

Like a good cult follower you said i "lacked vision"
Oh, the irony.

You didn't come within a country mile of a fact. I'd rather trust NASA, the National Academy of Sciences and every major university over some weirdo on BF, thanks.

Show me one source that says a 1% reduction in global emissions will have any meaningful effect on global temperatures (and thats without even taking in to account increases by China et al).

Just one.

Show me one source that says a 1% reduction in global emissions will have any meaningful effect on global temperatures (and thats without even taking in to account increases by China et al).

Just one.
“A Journey of a Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Step”

Just one.
I didn't think this would be that difficult a concept to grasp but I'm going to dumb this down as much as possible for you.

There is many many countries on this globe we are just one of them, right now we are doing absolutely nothing to attempt to reverse the effects of climate change, in fact we are exacerbating it.

Country A: "We only account for 1% of global emissions, it doesn't matter if we don't do a thing"

Country B: "We only account for 1% of global emissions, it doesn't matter if we don't do a thing"

Country C: "We only account for 1% of global emissions, it doesn't matter if we don't do a thing"

So on and so forth......

If there are 30 countries with this mindset then we are sitting at 30% of the global emissions still spewing into the atmosphere with nobody giving a damn.

These other countries are having the same conversations we are having if we could get 10 countries to adjust their policies and make some meaningful changes then we are dealing with 10% of the problem instead of just 1%.

Just one.
Why? The emissions cuts already promised by other countries will lead to a bigger decrease than that anyway. We can either get on board and work with other countries, or be left behind and doom both the rest of the world and ourselves. We have more to lose than most other countries, as can be seen right now.

We agreed to a pact, and under the present government we are having trouble meeting the target we agreed to.

also medulasa

show me where australia sending <1% of the troops into war in ww2 will make a difference

My taxes make less than 1% of the taxes collected by the government, so I will pay no taxes because it makes no difference

I'll tell the ATO that, I'm sure they'll be fine with it

My taxes make less than 1% of the taxes collected by the government, so I will pay no taxes because it makes no difference

I'll tell the ATO that, I'm sure they'll be fine with it
medusala is only 1% of the posters on bigfooty, so he might as well stop posting and piss off.

Actually, now I think about it....

There’s a fair few the drag queen thread, lucky their views aren’t indicative of the majority of people.
Heyyyyyy you made a post that wasn't just to bait me , look at you go son !!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did we have a corruption thread at some point??.... probably need one soon

The findings from the auditor-general, released today, also raise the prospect that the entire scheme was illegal, noting there did not appear to be any legal authority for then-sports minister Bridget McKenzie to have picked recipients.
georginas giant cheque

Did we have a corruption thread at some point??.... probably need one soon

The findings from the auditor-general, released today, also raise the prospect that the entire scheme was illegal, noting there did not appear to be any legal authority for then-sports minister Bridget McKenzie to have picked recipients.

I’d be surprised if anything came of this and if Labor were that keen to pursue it. All parties pork barrel whatever they can.

Ask Geelong FC, they got a whole new stadium out of it.

Why? The emissions cuts already promised by other countries will lead to a bigger decrease than that anyway.

So there is no need for Australia to do anything then. You have just destroyed your own argument.

If Australia was threatened with trade sanctions for non compliance (which may happen in the future) then you may have a point.

So there is no need for Australia to do anything then. You have just destroyed your own argument.
Wrong, there is plenty of need for Australia to do something, to contribute to the global action to reduce temperature increases, to be in line with the rest of the world, to meet our commitments under the Paris agreement, to ease the transition to a renewable economy and to create the green jobs of the future. Not to mention our actual contribution to climate change is far greater than what is reported as domestic emissions, because the sheer amount of coal we export is our responsibility too, even if it gets counted as part of other countries' emissions rather than our own.

You're defending child abuse.

Sitting in a room listening to a drag queen isn't anymore child abuse than sitting in a class room with a hot teacher. Next reactionaries will be supporting sharia law in order to stop women from showing flesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back