The Liberal Party - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, they're not the exact same words you goose.

"Exact same position"?

You mean, like, THE TRUTH????!!!!

Heaven forfend! Someone on the internet is AGREEING WITH THE TRUTH!!!

NOW WHAT????!!

Sorry, what is your point?

Do you disagree that historically, Labor have handled the economy better than the Coalition? If so, argue the points, or stop wasting everyone's time.

1983 - The Coalition under Malcolm Fraser with John Howard as Treasurer hand over to Labor an economy ranked 20th in the world.

1596678581557.png

1996 - Paul Keating and Labor hand over to the Coalition an economy now ranked 6th in the world.

1596678643471.png

2007 - John Howard and the Coalition hand back an economy to Labor that had slipped down to 9th place in the world.

1596678676340.png

2013 - Labor under Rudd/Gillard hand over to the Coalition the best performing economy in the world, boasting AAA credit ratings after navigating Australia through the GFC (Then the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression of the 1920s) and an economy that was ranked at 3rd in the world.

1596678695843.png
2017 – 2019 The Coalition have presided over an economy that had by then slipped back down to 28th in the world

1596678747120.png

Laughable!

It's amazing how dumb the guy is to think that he could get away with parroting something and nobody would notice it wasn't his own.

Kram and EasternTiger , in fairness to Gonzo he put a comma into the cut and paste job making it his own work. It also provided Gonzo with full understanding of what we posted, that's why he's taken the care to explain in detail what "ranked" was referring to.

It's amazing how dumb the guy is to think that he could get away with parroting something and nobody would notice it wasn't his own.

Note how they spend 30 seconds copying some drivel from Reddit but THEN expect you to spend your valuable time debunking nonsensical left wing talking points and posting links from sources.

Laziness is a common trait in the left.

The darlings are entertaining though, I'll give them that.

Kram and EasternTiger , in fairness to Gonzo he put a comma into the cut and paste job making it his own work. It also provided Gonzo with full understanding of what we posted, that's why he's taken the care to explain in detail what "ranked" was referring to.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone embarrass themselves like this. Not sure where he goes from here.

I think I liked Gonzo better when he just stuck to posting links to asinine Guardian articles.

A man's got to know his limitations.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone embarrass themselves like this. Not sure where he goes from here.

I think I liked Gonzo better when he just stuck to posting links to asinine Guardian articles.

A man's got to know his limitations.
The guy is classic, was gloating about how he had made all this money with a renewables portfolio and when you ask for any elaboration whatsever on exactly what it is he carries on like you are asking for his ATM pin number.

Um, they're not the exact same words you goose.

"Exact same position"?

You mean, like, THE TRUTH????!!!!

Heaven forfend! Someone on the internet is AGREEING WITH THE TRUTH!!!

NOW WHAT????!!

Sorry, what is your point?

Do you disagree that historically, Labor have handled the economy better than the Coalition? If so, argue the points, or stop wasting everyone's time.

only a moron would get excited by political spin like economic management and referring to a global economic cycle as to how good the Australian government has performed. Rather leaders should be judged by what they are in control of, cost v benefit, integrity and the way they manage transition/ change.

I have been on record highlighting Paul Keating is the most important leader (incuding treasurer) this nation has had. As the Hawke/ Keating era modernised Australia's economy and set up what we enjoy today. The recession of '87 was the recession we had to have..........does that undo Keating's reforms? Nope. The '92 recession? Nope! The debt? Nope. The negatives were just a cost of the positives.

Then Howard came in and his job was threefold. 1) post the massive reforms we needed a consolidation and calm period - tick 2) We needed a consumption tax - tick.....we needed a wealth tax - fail 3) We need IR reform - fail, we needed a more dynamic workplace - tick. These achievements were delivered whilst paying down the debt and putting us into the box seat heading into a GFC (along with China's demand).

Then we've had drongo after drongo in office. Not one of them can compare themselves to the golden era before them. What have we had since? Rudd wanting to rule the world (top job at the UN), spending tax payers money to buy votes for himself in Africa. He s**t the bed and overstimulated the economy, sending our FX through the roof, killing industry. Then nearly bankrupting Australia by guaranteeing foreign owned mining losses......thank F he failed as he would have killed all mining except foreign owned (see ya Australian mining companies) in coal and iron ore (killed nickel, cobalt, copper, gold etc etc). Oh and calling chinese "rat *ers" highlighted exactly who he was.

The corrupt liar Gillard with the union rorts highlighting the ends justifies the means. Further attested by selling her soul and lying to the Australian people to get the green vote to secure the top job. Then selling her soul to big mining companies and foreign owned mining companies and introduced a mining tax that would have transferred all mining from small and medium to the large and foreign owned.

Then a rabbit who put god above the people he served and failed at the most basic job. His job was to 1) repeal the carbon tax - tick 2) repeal the failed mining tax - tick 3) do nothing other than run a calm government - fail. Then a limp dick, who cried when he couldn't get his own way.......his job 1) do nothing other than run a calm government - fail.

Then we had Morrison and potentially Shorten. Shorten wanted to introduce a class system into Australia locking in a divide between the rich and the poor, favour speculation and gambling over long term investments. Where Morrison had an easy job against Shorten with "stay calm, stand up against class divide and support long term investments over pump and dump". How he goes long term is yet to be seen but the massive debt is a major concern and failure of the Morrison government.

Anyway back to your cut, paste and embarrassing denials..................what does the reference "ranked" mean and what is your analysis of the "rank" compared to the leaders actions/ policies, the debt levels and or global economic cycles.

He sh*t the bed and overstimulated the economy, sending our FX through the roof, killing industry.
Yeah, we should have just done nothing and endured mass layoffs and credit defaults like the rest of the world did. And Howard's middle class welfare during an economic boom didn't do anything at all to our FX.

what does the reference "ranked" mean and what is your analysis of the "rank" compared to the leaders actions/ policies, the debt levels and or global economic cycles.
The rankings come from Independent Australia and their economic metric IAREM. I'm not surprised at those stats, given Keating made important microeconomic reforms, Howard ran a structural deficit during a boom, Rudd and Swan took quick and decisive action to stimulate the economy in the face of an impending global recession, and Abbott and Hockey were a complete and utter basket case when it came to economics.

Last edited:
LOL copy paste from reddit.

You get all sorts of Labor types in here.

Left wing desperadoes, ideologues, and hoodlums.
You're not that " shill borton " tosser who got banned because he added nothing but the usual whining righty schtick are ya ??

Maybe " v_maet " ??

He got banned for being a smarmy campaigner too lol

hmmm

are you sure it wasn't reddit?
The internet is a large place you know?
The chart has been floating around for ages and it’s from OECD rankings, it may have found its way to Reddit but that’s not the source.
Nice attempt at a gotcha though

The internet is a large place you know?
The chart has been floating around for ages and it’s from OECD rankings, it may have found its way to Reddit but that’s not the source.
Nice attempt at a gotcha though

please post the OECD reference to gonzo's post

this will be entertaining

Yeah, we should have just done nothing and endured mass layoffs and credit defaults like the rest of the world did. And Howard's middle class welfare during an economic boom didn't do anything at all to our FX.

The rankings come from Independent Australia and their economic metric IAREM. I'm not surprised at those stats, given Keating made important microeconomic reforms, Howard ran a structural deficit during a boom, Rudd and Swan took quick and decisive action to stimulate the economy in the face of an impending global recession, and Abbott and Hockey were a complete and utter basket case when it came to economics.

yes I remember the mining boom that kicked off in 2007, which followed the exploration and development boom which started around 2003/04. This was a once in a life time boom that was enough to see the nation through with a controlled and measured stimulus. Rudd asked his economic advisers "what the worst case scenario of the GFC was" and rolled out a worst case stimulus plan.

If Rudd didn't s**t the bed and listened to his economic advisor we wouldn't have to remember the industry shut down that was killed off by the FX, mining tax and carbon tax. I guess it is a case of short term pain vs long term pain. One example lost is Olympic Dam would have gone ahead, which in itself would have transformed SA.

good news though as booms happen every ~20 years, maybe not to the same giddy heights but we aren't that far away from the up turn. Perhaps that will be the period we can have a responsible government and start to pay down the debt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

please post the OECD reference to gonzo's post

this will be entertaining
It’s an old stat that was doing the rounds since the last election.
I’ve got better things to do then waste my time on somebody like you who’s only retort is lol Reddit

It’s an old stat that was doing the rounds since the last election.
I’ve got better things to do then waste my time on somebody like you who’s only retort is lol Reddit

1) a google suggests it is nowhere other than reddit

2) a stat of OECD is very different to a cut and paste off reddit

3) I note you have time to perpetuate bullshit but run away like Gonzo when tested

Yeah, like I already said, shock horror, someone posts facts on the internet!

How dumb are you to think that you can ignore that fact that what I posted was true?

I already said, address the points and you'll have some credibility.

No wonder I put you on Ignore. You can't even mount an argument. Kinda proving my point about the Coalition and its mindless barrackers.

How dumb are you to think that you can ignore that fact that what I posted was true?

No wonder I put you on Ignore. You can't even mount an argument. Kinda proving my point about the Coalition and its mindless barrackers.
You are the bloke with a history of making up stuff on here and when you get called out looks like an idiot, then runs and hides.

Now you are copying stuff word for word that other people wrote and then trying to pass it off as your own lol.

Take your pom poms to the sports board!

Problems with comprehension? I already said, if I knew what Reddit was, you'd have a point you goose.

You failed so hard other posters had to come in to defend you, and their credibility went down the gurgler along with yours.

You've had quite a day on the forums.

Power Raid has spent quite a bit of time unpacking your reddit jibberish, and shown it to be utter nonsense. The least you can do is go back and respond.

Who knows, reddit may have something you can just copy paste in reply.

You failed so hard other posters had to come in to defend you, and their credibility went down the gurgler along with yours.

You've had quite a day on the forums.

Power Raid has spent quite a bit of time unpacking your reddit jibberish, and shown it to be utter nonsense. The least you can do is go back and respond.

Who knows, reddit may have something you can just copy paste in reply.
Careful, he'll bring out the big guns and put you on ignore!

only a moron would get excited by political spin like economic management and referring to a global economic cycle as to how good the Australian government has performed.
Struggling to interpret this sentence because it looks like it was thrown together by a pre-pubescent boy held behind at recess to finish his work before he can join the others and play. My read on it is that only morons give into political spin, especially on issues like the management of the economy.

I'd suggest this line, from the very same post, is a fine example of the 'morons' you refer to
He sh*t the bed and overstimulated the economy, sending our FX through the roof, killing industry.
Reads like a bunch of spin to me.

Can you remind me, what countries maintained a positive growth rate throughout the GFC? There was that one, obscure OECD country that bucked the trend? I can't quite remember.

If you're going to suggest Rudd overstimulated the economy you better provide a source. Hold yourself to the same account you hold others on here.

Edit: while you're at it maybe let us know what industries Rudd killed. Isolate the effects of his policies from that little global recession, show us that Rudd's policies caused industries to die. Or, more simply stop making wild claims covered in spin.

You really do fit your own definition of a moron.

Last edited:

No one is laughing at you for a cut and paste.

But not understanding your cut and paste and embarrassing denials is what is so humorous.

When you understand what you posted, then we can analyse the factual nature. Until then, keep smiling as we are!

Struggling to interpret this sentence because it looks like it was thrown together by a pre-pubescent boy held behind at recess to finish his work before he can join the others and play. My read on it is that only morons give into political spin, especially on issues like the management of the economy.

I'd suggest this line, from the very same post, is a fine example of the 'morons' you refer to

Reads like a bunch of spin to me.

Can you remind me, what countries maintained a positive growth rate throughout the GFC? There was that one, obscure OECD country that bucked the trend? I can't quite remember.

If you're going to suggest Rudd overstimulated the economy you better provide a source. Hold yourself to the same account you hold others on here.

Your post provides the answer!

Australia was an outlier on the curve during the GFC, whilst much of the world went into negative growth. Why? over stimulus!

Some people think remaining in positive territory is a must, where I'd suggest a steady the ship and a long term outlook approach is better than a short sugar hit. As every decision has a cost and a benefit. Let's not forget the great stimulus on the way up must also have the same but opposite action on the way down......so when do you suggest we take our medicine?

The issue also wasn't should we stimulate or not, rather just how much stimulus is required and how that was rolled out. Ken Henry is on record saying Kevin Rudd asked him on a plane, on 29 Feb 2008, what is the worst case scenario of the GFC. Ken outlined the worst case and Kevin took rolled out the stimulus based on the worst case rather than the actual case or likely case.

We all know the result of over stimulus and that is interest rates remain higher than they would otherwise be and as a result the FX goes up (AUD went above USD parity). Holden's cited this the nail in the coffin for their exports and the rest is history. Whilst companies like BHP lost export revenue through the FX and profits clipped in the Pilbara through the mining tax, which was to be reinvested in Olympic Dam. To be fair Olympic Dam took ~10 years to approve a big hole getting bigger, with approvals lasting only 5 years.....essentially if SA approved in 2005, it would have eventuated.

Let's not go into pick bats, set top boxes, wheel of fortune give away, school halls etc. but just ask yourself are these gimics worth killing industries and blue collar jobs?

Keating wouldn't have made the same mistake

Last edited:
Your post provides the answer!

Australia was an outlier on the curve during the GFC, whilst much of the world went into negative growth. Why? over stimulus!

Some people think remaining in positive territory is a must, where I'd suggest a steady the ship and a long term outlook approach is better than a short sugar hit. As every decision has a cost and a benefit. Let's not forget the great stimulus on the way up must also have the same but opposite action on the way down......so when do you suggest we take our medicine?

The issue also wasn't should we stimulate or not, rather just how much stimulus is required and how that was rolled out. Ken Henry is on record saying Kevin Rudd asked him on a plane, on 29 Feb 2008, what is the worst case scenario of the GFC. Ken outlined the worst case and Kevin took rolled out the stimulus based on the worst case rather than the actual case or likely case.

We all know the result of over stimulus and that is interest rates remain higher than they would otherwise be and as a result the FX goes up (AUD went above USD parity). Holden's cited this the nail in the coffin for their exports and the rest is history. Whilst companies like BHP lost export revenue through the FX and profits clipped in the Pilbara through the mining tax, which was to be reinvested in Olympic Dam. To be fair Olympic Dam took ~10 years to approve a big hole getting bigger, with approvals lasting only 5 years.....essentially if SA approved in 2005, it would have eventuated.

Let's not go into pick bats, set top boxes, wheel of fortune give away, school halls etc. but just ask yourself are these gimics worth killing industries and blue collar jobs?

Keating wouldn't have made the same mistake
Boy oh boy. Thank you for reminding me of the lucky country!

Firstly, I'd rather have a PM that protects the people and is prepared for the worst case scenario, livelihoods, families and lives are on the line at the end of the day.

Newton's third law doesn't really apply in economics, especially to the concept of debt. You can pay debt off in a sustainable way over time (helps if you don't have a coalition govt hell bent on eroding its revenue streams). In the event you can't pay it off the West happens to be very forgiving, they'll wipe your debts when it suits ;)

Now, let's dispel a few myths. I agree an economy does not always have to maintain positive growth. The fact that we maintained a positive growth rate is not evidence that Rudd over-stimulated the economy. You're gonna need to buck up some actual economic analysis to prove that (which would be no small feat) and even once you've done that you're going to encounter difficulties because the entire concept of over-stimulating an economy is subjective, everyone will have differing ideas about at what particular point an economy can be said to have been over-stimulated.

Ah the FX hey, Rudd's stimulus caused the appreciation of our dollar? Speak to Kram old mate is always eager to point out how chinese demand for iron ore got us through the gfc, not Rudd's stimulus. I'm going to suggest that, and I dare say I could find a wealth of literature to support this idea, maybe demand for Australian exports (in the midst of a mining boom) had something to do with the appreciation of the aussie dollar. You cannot ignore the role that demand for exports played in appreciating our dollar. You cannot claim, without controlling for the effect of demand for exports throughout the mining boom, that Rudd's stimulus caused the appreciation of the dollar.

Your argument relies on a correlation, some spin and a touch of confirmation bias, which I believe makes you a 'moron'.

Boy oh boy. Thank you for reminding me of the lucky country!

Firstly, I'd rather have a PM that protects the people and is prepared for the worst case scenario, livelihoods, families and lives are on the line at the end of the day.

Newton's third law doesn't really apply in economics, especially to the concept of debt. You can pay debt off in a sustainable way over time (helps if you don't have a coalition govt hell bent on eroding its revenue streams). In the event you can't pay it off the West happens to be very forgiving, they'll wipe your debts when it suits ;)

Now, let's dispel a few myths. I agree an economy does not always have to maintain positive growth. The fact that we maintained a positive growth rate is not evidence that Rudd over-stimulated the economy. You're gonna need to buck up some actual economic analysis to prove that (which would be no small feat) and even once you've done that you're going to encounter difficulties because the entire concept of over-stimulating an economy is subjective, everyone will have differing ideas about at what particular point an economy can be said to have been over-stimulated.

Ah the FX hey, Rudd's stimulus caused the appreciation of our dollar? Speak to Kram old mate is always eager to point out how chinese demand for iron ore got us through the gfc, not Rudd's stimulus. I'm going to suggest that, and I dare say I could find a wealth of literature to support this idea, maybe demand for Australian exports (in the midst of a mining boom) had something to do with the appreciation of the aussie dollar. You cannot ignore the role that demand for exports played in appreciating our dollar. You cannot claim, without controlling for the effect of demand for exports throughout the mining boom, that Rudd's stimulus caused the appreciation of the dollar.

Your argument relies on a correlation, some spin and a touch of confirmation bias, which I believe makes you a 'moron'.
PR was convinced that we drowning in debt under Labor and spoke pitiably about mortgaging the future of our children, it's an opinion he's notably shied away from in recent years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back