The Liberal Party - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mind Chalmers as an individual but it is depressing that the next major party leader is going to be yet another political animal who’s never had a real job.
While politics remains about who said what in their 20’s, only someone who has been in politics their entire career, and so kept a clean record, is likely to get a look in.

Would still be better than the failed marketing manager.
Does everything always have to be reduced to whataboutism?

There’s been some great politicians who have come up through the party system, and some terrible ones who’ve come in from outside, but I don’t see the increasing lack of diversity sitting around Cabinet and Shadow Cabinet tables as anything other than a bad thing.

There’s been some great politicians who have come up through the party system, and some terrible ones who’ve come in from outside, but I don’t see the increasing lack of diversity sitting around Cabinet and Shadow Cabinet tables as anything other than a bad thing.
care to give us a few the names of "great" ones? in other words made a long-term positive impact.

as for "whataboutism" in the case of scummo and marketing that's who he is.

I don’t mind Chalmers as an individual but it is depressing that the next major party leader is going to be yet another political animal who’s never had a real job.

I think I kind of understand what you are saying but I dislike the idea that gets floated out that politicians should have had real jobs first.

Do you care that your doctor never had a real job?

What about your pilot?

The commanding officers of our armed forces have also never had a real job.

What even is a real job?

I think I kind of understand what you are saying but I dislike the idea that gets floated out that politicians should have had real jobs first.

Do you care that your doctor never had a real job?

What about your pilot?

The commanding officers of our armed forces have also never had a real job.

What even is a real job?
I think that the people sitting around Cabinet tables making broad-based policy decisions should come from a variety of backgrounds.

You have made a bunch of comparisons to professions with vocational training. Of course, working in medicine is the best background for a doctor and flying planes is the best background for a pilot.

The best politician is not necessarily the one with the most experience politicking - mostly because politics is a means, not an end.

Those who treat politics as its own end, tend to make the worst leaders - and often those are the ones with experience in little else.

This is an issue the electorate have created though.

Electorates have in general rejected non political/lawyer candidates as unqualified. We bitch about too many lawyers in Parliament, but we keep voting for lawyers or career poli's

Id love more diversity of experience in govt. My industry specifically hires for it because it knows you need multiple experiences to give you a proper foundation on how industry operates. Unfortunately both sides do a bad job of educating around this and just give up and pander to it

Scotty is a failed marketing manager who should have been told to please leave the party a long time ago.

Bloke will go down as our worst PM.

I want more of a diverse range of pollies with how they have lived but the Scotty types need to be kept out at all costs.

I think that the people sitting around Cabinet tables making broad-based policy decisions should come from a variety of backgrounds.

You have made a bunch of comparisons to professions with vocational training. Of course, working in medicine is the best background for a doctor and flying planes is the best background for a pilot.

The best politician is not necessarily the one with the most experience politicking - mostly because politics is a means, not an end.

Those who treat politics as its own end, tend to make the worst leaders - and often those are the ones with experience in little else.
What about those who have been unsuccessful or mediocre in their "real jobs"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with this point. Sure the PM can be a carefully spoken lawyer, but they should fill cabinet with a diverse range of experience and opinions. The opposite of this has occurred over time and is a good % of the reason why politicians and their policies and speech appear so out of touch.

Maybe in legal circles all this nonsense seems perfectly understandable, while the rest of us in the real world are left scratching their heads.

Remember that " alleged " internal memo that came out just before the 19 election ??

With the benefit of hindsight, how close to the mark was it ?
View attachment 1027522

What sticks out for me reading it back ( And i'd thought it a few times before today in the aftermath ) is the " BILL SHORTEN AND...... "
They made Australia sick of the campaigner before he even got in.

( and before the usual yahoo chimes in with " Y U BLAME ROOP ?? ", i'm not saying it's the SOLE reason - i've discussed the reasons multiple times so don't shid this part of the thread up by going there again )

I think a lot of Labors ( current ) reasoning is " They'll never go Albo like that, it'd be like kicking your dog for no reason "
Nice Labor propaganda. The Federal election was on the 18th May so make of it what you will.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA Own3d

PVO tweeted yesterday mocking muckliar trash and jase FAILinski for the s**t turnout of their small business seminar.
Jase claps back this morning but PVO backhands the * out of him on the retort lol

Absolute pisswizard this guy

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA Own3d

PVO tweeted yesterday mocking muckliar trash and jase FAILinski for the sh*t turnout of their small business seminar.
Jase claps back this morning but PVO backhands the fu** out of him on the retort lol

Absolute pisswizard this guy

The same PVO that is a columnist for The Aus.

I think you’re missing my point

I believe you said that Chalmers is just another career politician without experience in the 'real world', and that it would be beneficial to have politicians to have experience in the 'real world' before they enter politics. ( mostly agree)
Someone mentioned Morrison and you said "whatabboutism"... and then that "competence is a pre-requisite". I said, if that was the case he would never have been pre-selected and noted he won pre-selection with 8 votes. So, I think we're actually in agreeance. The Prime Minister is a dud.

I believe you said that Chalmers is just another career politician without experience in the 'real world', and that it would be beneficial to have politicians to have experience in the 'real world' before they enter politics. ( mostly agree)
Someone mentioned Morrison and you said "whatabboutism"... and then that "competence is a pre-requisite". I said, if that was the case he would never have been pre-selected and noted he won pre-selection with 8 votes. So, I think we're actually in agreeance. The Prime Minister is a dud.
You’re on a tangent that has little to do with my initial point

I've said it before. Absolutely there is a conspiracy being committed.

But it doesn't involve chemtrails, or pizza parlour basements, or shadowy worldwide cabals, or lizard people.

It's the same old conspiracy of the rich and powerful against the less rich and less powerful.

And they just love that people are running round like headless chooks finding whacko conspiracies everywhere else instead of the biggest of them all right under their noses.

And their # 1 facilitators here are our gutless "government".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back