Prediction The lid

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lid still firmly attached for me. Last night simply made amends for the previous week. We've given a good account of ourselves. The big boy stuff doesn't start until the Prelims. The team were gallant last night and put in a solid effort. But next Friday will bring another level of intensity that we'll have to overcome if we want to progress. And since 2011, we've never been able to bring that intensity.
The only way to beat Richmond is to beat them at their own game. We need frenetic, desperate, possessed efforts from our smalls. We need to hunt them into mistakes. It's the only way we can win. Someone needs to be glued to Martin and negate his impact. Richmond and Geelong are asymmetrical teams. They are a systemic team. They win because of their system and an even spread of contributors. We are more an individual team (though we're not as bad in that regard as a team like West Coast), so we need to ratchet up our systemic play and everyone needs to contribute to rampant pressure if we're going to win. Not sure we can do it, but we'll see.

Lid welded to the tin. Tin sealed inside a wall safe. Safe ripped from wall and put inside a bigger safe. Bigger safe put inside a ball of hardened steel with an air cooled molten exterior layer so its seamless. Hardened steel ball once cooled dropped into the 36,000+ feet deep Mariana Trench.

Bubbles stop rising to the surface in 3... 2... 1

All is calm again.

The 2019 GF has been won.

Carey just announced that the Tigers 'are by far, by far, the best team in the comp'.
Looks like a great call in hindsight

Yep. Everyone and their dog is on us. I hate it to be honest. Makes me feel uneasy.
I’d much rather be the underdog.
If you are an underdog there is less chance of it happening though. I would rather have realistic expectation and be disappointed, rather than praying on a miracle sequence of events. The only time the latter was achieved this millennium was Bulldogs 2016.

Tigers and Melbourne caught fire late in their drought breaking seasons, and after finals week 1, were as hyped as any. Tigers remained hyped for their latter flags even when playing poorly in regular season.

Just do what I do and don't immerse yourself in the media. I watch the matches and decide for myself, only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My god! You guys won't know yourselves when we have a decent young ruck running around next year.
It is the least shocking thing of all, that you have completely mistook my post

giphy.webp

I only just realised I started this thread - and it was 6 years ago. When I was 33 yo ...................

Yep and you created this thread after we had just belted the Gold Coast Suns by 120 points and were sitting pretty in second spot.

We only lost 5 games that year. Proceeded to play Hawthorn, whom many believed were absolutely no contest as they were old and barely scraped into top four.
It took Isaac Smith to miss a shot on goal for Geelong to go through to the preliminary final.

Halfway through the second quarter against Sydney, we were behind by 55 points.

Be nice if these threads remained out of sight.

Yep and you created this thread after we had just belted the Gold Coast Suns by 120 points and were sitting pretty in second spot.

We only lost 5 games that year. Proceeded to play Hawthorn, whom many believed were absolutely no contest as they were old and barely scraped into top four.
It took Isaac Smith to miss a shot on goal for Geelong to go through to the preliminary final.

Halfway through the second quarter against Sydney, we were behind by 55 points.

Be nice if these threads remained out of sight.
Nah can't agree. It's all part of the journey, and you and I are just observers whatever we may think or want.

We are in it up to our ears this year and only bad luck or bad management will do us in. Enjoy the ride.

Nah can't agree. It's all part of the journey, and you and I are just observers whatever we may think or want.

We are in it up to our ears this year and only bad luck or bad management will do us in. Enjoy the ride.

We are always in it upto our ears at this time of the year. We may have some guys playing at a very high level but it won't be the case when it's money time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back