Opinion The McGuire/Buckley titanic football club should quit before sinking the ship.

Who should stand down at the pies

• Buckley & McGuire

Votes: 185 65.8%
  • Just Buckley

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Just McGuire

Votes: 55 19.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 32 11.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

McGuire is a statement muppet.

Gibbering, ranting, childish incoherent statements that just fill up air time with no one really listening closely.

But unlike Sesame Street he’s not entertaining or remotely endearing or funny.

And kids definitely shouldn’t have watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The make it up as they go along constitution

It's impossible to amend a constitution.
Sorry, you can amend it, but you can't amend the amendment.
No, wait - you have to appoint a board according to the constitution, but then that board can overrule the constitution (including how board members are appointed), because it says so in the constitution.

Aaaah - got it. The constitution is for other people.

McGuire is a statement muppet.

Gibbering, ranting, childish incoherent statements that just fill up air time with no one really listening closely.

But unlike Sesame Street he’s not entertaining or remotely endearing or funny.

McGuire single handedly saved the club from oblivion in the late 90's. A true icon of the club that will never be tarred by the recent crap that took place enocuraged by all these new age do gooders who will be back in oblivion soon enough.

Now that i think of it, mcguire took over the presidency about 2 years before essendon was last of any relevance in the national competition. Gee, that is a long, long time ago....

McGuire single handedly saved the club from oblivion in the late 90's. A true icon of the club that will never be tarred by the recent crap that took place enocuraged by all these new age do gooders who will be back in oblivion soon enough.

Now that i think of it, mcguire took over the presidency about 2 years before essendon was last of any relevance in the national competition. Gee, that is a long, long time ago....
What a load of balderdash. Get your head out of Ed's bum.

Yes, they had zero supporters until Eddie came on board.

Collingwood wasn't headed for oblivion and most of what McGuire did was copy commercial ideas overseas teams were doing

spot on. probably the key foundation to geel's sustained success has been their stability off field over the last 15 odd years. the best run club in the league off field, and a model every other club should be looking at
Richmond is probably an equal or even better example of getting the off field right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond is probably an equal or even better example of getting the off field right

Agree. Richmond got their culture fixed, something Collingwood need to prioritise in my opinion.
De Goey, Joffa, Eddie’s countless faux pas, etc.
The entire Collingwood Board needs a clean out if you subscribe to adage ‘a fish rots from the head down’.

His legacy as CFC president who quit in disgrace is now forever tarred and feathered.

There’s no other way to see it.

McGuire using best mate Jeff Brown for revenge on the board and to save Bucks job??? https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...or-a-coup-at-collingwood-20210513-p57rpt.html The timing of Browne’s next move rests largely on the uncertainty over Nathan Buckley. The plan is to act soon to ensure that a decision on the coach and Collingwood great is not one he inherits but one of his choosing. Should the club seriously target Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson, a move in August or September would be way too late. Is caro just name dropping Clarkson for click bait or for her connection Jeff Brown to make it look like he isn't favouring Bucks when he's in the back Bucks camp??
Don't worry about Bucks mate, he's doing ok :p

Bucks.jpg

Back