Resource The NMFC History thread

Kanga Glory

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Priceless.

It needs to be framed.

If you ever want to sell it, P.M. me first.

SOrry mate, I think we’ve both know the answer.
Will be getting it framed but will need another photo as autographs are on the back. I also have the original Weg’s from 1975 and 1977 which I willing get framed as well. I once got the weg’s priced and about 15 years ago were worth $300 each.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
SOrry mate, I think we’ve both know the answer.
Will be getting it framed but will need another photo as autographs are on the back. I also have the original Weg’s from 1975 and 1977 which I willing get framed as well. I once got the weg’s priced and about 15 years ago were worth $300 each.
Got the Wegs myself, but that autographed piece is worthy of hanging in the club trophy cabinet.

...............not that you would see it anyway behind a f**king coffee cart! :mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old Shinboner

Senior List
Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
View attachment 795977

A photo I took at Arden St. Round 20 15 August 1981. Kerry Good (no.7) and Kym Hodgeman (no.17) can be seen near the goal square. They kicked 14 goals between them that day (Good 10 Hodgeman 4) Glendinning was B.O.G.
Fantastic. Im always searching for photos of Arden Street. There are very few available on the net. Wish they had mobile phones back in those days!

kangaroo7

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Charlie Gaudion - Gun
Johnny Lewis - Gun (knocked out Jack Dyer on his debut)
Neville Huggins - Gun. Went chasing the big VFA money at the time and was reportedly the highest paid player in the country.
S. Baker - Well, obviously a gun.:p

S.Baker= Selwyn Baker (not Barker). A handy little rover at North from 1931-34.

Plenty of good players in that photo. North had their most successful season since their entry into the VFL, winning 8 matches under new coach Dick Taylor. For the first time they had a viable target up forward in Tom Fitzmaurice.

Gaudion's career was tragically cut short by injury a few years later. And yes, Dyer feared Lewis. Huggins went to Fitzroy then Williamstown. Shame North couldn't afford to keep him.

Bertie22

Rookie
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
View attachment 813362

I would not fu** with any of these lads.
Love the upper body muscle definition of Charlie. His son Mick played for us as a wing man, certainly when I started watching in the early 60s. I would have to check but I think both of them played for Victoria. I think another of Charlie's sons was a VFL umpire in the 60s also.

In his time, Johnny Lewis was reputed to be the biggest player going around in the VFL. Apparently a gentle giant, notwithstanding his presence and the fear that he instilled in others.

As the Depression was occurring at the time of this photo, it's no wonder that some of the players left for greener pastures, as North was effectively broke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom