• Stephen Curry vs Kyrie Irving

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Stephen Curry's legs vs Matthew "ankle breaker" Dellavedova

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • Kendrick Perkins vs David Lee

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Coach Kerr vs Coach LeBron

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Shumpert and JR Smith vs the 2019 2nd rd Draft pick the Knicks traded them for

Votes: 13 14.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

MVP = Most Valuable player in the series... Take Iggy out and what GSW probably win in 7 ? Take LBJ out and its 4-0 every game decided by 20+.. Iggy was great but LBJ should have won Finals MVP.

Well, that hurt. A lot. I thought the Cavs played poorly considering what was at stake (read 16 turnovers), but at the end of the day the Warriors were too good. Congratulation to the Warriors, it was a little disappointing to see the biggest impact Bogut had for the Warriors was sitting on the bench.

I've lost all respect for the "Finals MVP" award. They should rename it to "The MVP for the winning team" award and stop insulting us with the belief that there is actually any consideration towards giving it to a player on the losing team. If LeBron doesn't win it for his performance during these playoffs, no one will ever win the "Finals MVP" on a losing team.

D Wade averaged over 20 points in both the championship years, even with his injuries. Bosh averaged over 17 ppg in both the championship years and 7 rebounds. Both were all stars as well. Maybe not superstar material, but right up their with some of the top players.

Both were capable of playing at a superstar level even if they weren't required due to the existence of LeBron. Wade didn't completely s**t the bed until the 2014 when neither he nor Bosh offered much support against the Spurs.

GSW also had a great supporting cast. So did the Spurs in 2014. Shows that its the supporting cast who are the real catalysts in winning a title

Supporting casts are obviously important but so is not forcing them to play minutes or roles that they aren't equipped for. The Cavs supporting cast is actually pretty solid when you insert Kyrie and Love into the starting line-up. I dare say that the Warriors wouldn't have been so dominant - nor would their supporting cast have played so well - without Thompson and Green for a good share of the playoffs.

MVP = Most Valuable player in the series... Take Iggy out and what GSW probably win in 7 ? Take LBJ out and its 4-0 every game decided by 20+.. Iggy was great but LBJ should have won Finals MVP.

Traditionally there has been a number of definitions for the MVP. One is "the best player on the winning team" which is clearly the definition with which they have decided to award it this year. Even this definition is a little tenuous given there was a fair discrepancy between the production of Curry and Iggy. In reality, the award is simply acknowledging a smart coaching move by Kerr.

Personally I prefer MVP to be defined as the player who is most valuable to his team. By that definition there was only one choice - the series would have been a sweep had you replaced LeBron with any other player in the league including this years' MVP.

Traditionally there has been a number of definitions for the MVP. One is "the best player on the winning team" which is clearly the definition with which they have decided to award it this year. Even this definition is a little tenuous given there was a fair discrepancy between the production of Curry and Iggy. In reality, the award is simply acknowledging a smart coaching move by Kerr.

Personally I prefer MVP to be defined as the player who is most valuable to his team. By that definition there was only one choice - the series would have been a sweep had you replaced LeBron with any other player in the league including this years' MVP.

Brilliantly said.

So riddle me this then

Russell Westbrook MVP? Okc would have won ten games without him.

At what point do we put a caveat on losing?

The mvp hasn't come a less than 50 win team for a long time, the finals mvp from the losing team once.

It's no different to the brownlow, the norm Smith and basically every individual award given in any sport.

Cleveland take it to 7 then you have a case. Getting beat down in 3 consecutive games to finish in 6 takes the case away

Jerry west won it in a losing 7 game series that they lost by 2 points at home in game 7 and he had as good a series as lebron had here

So riddle me this then

The mvp hasn't come a less than 50 win team for a long time, the finals mvp from the losing team once.

It's no different to the brownlow, the norm Smith and basically every individual award given in any sport.

Cleveland take it to 7 then you have a case. Getting beat down in 3 consecutive games to finish in 6 takes the case away

Agree with most circumstances, but in a case like this where LeBron was far and away the most influential player you have to give it to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So riddle me this then

Jerry west won it in a losing 7 game series that they lost by 2 points at home in game 7 and he had as good a series as lebron had here

37/12/9 average is just stupid though...

So riddle me this then

The simple question is, do you think Iggy played better in these finals than LeBron?

The simple question is, do you think Iggy played better in these finals than LeBron?
Hell no

I do understand why they gave it to a player in the winning team because that happens literally every time, especially when the series goes down the way this one did. Given the Cleveland lineup it's not surprising his stats were through the roof.

Personally, I'd probably have gone curry

Hell no

I do understand why they gave it to a player in the winning team because that happens literally every time, especially when the series goes down the way this one did.

Personally, I'd probably have gone curry

Yeah, I was thinking that due to the coverage and exertion that the Cavs needed to check Curry, it opened up the game for the Warriors to win. I thought Curry was huge today, if he wasn't making those pin point passes out of the double teams, the Warriors might have lost that game and if your star player is the reason those open looks are being created and as a result, being hit, then surely that has to be taken into consideration. I guess that sort of thing doesn't show up on the stat sheet as anything more than an assist.

I get why they gave it to a guy on the winning team also, but it almost exposes them as having a caveat on the finals MVP being only available to a player on the winning team, but the name of the award insinuates everyone has a chance.

I get why they gave it to a guy on the winning team also, but it almost exposes them as having a caveat on the finals MVP being only available to a player on the winning team, but the name of the award insinuates everyone has a chance.
That's exactly it.

Like or not it does.

You can go the other way and say that mvps get less recognition in the following seasons due to voter fatigue.

Jordan and Lebron are also two examples of that.
You can throw kobe and shaq in there as well

Picked Golden State as my NBA team in 1991 because Run TMC were just awesome, and they had the same colours as West Coast.

I also happened to travel through San Fran with my family as a kid in 1992 and got a Warriors cap to mark the occasion.

24 years is a long time to wait for a championship, but boy it was worth it! What an epic season!

Picked Golden State as my NBA team in 1991 because Run TMC were just awesome, and they had the same colours as West Coast.

I also happened to travel through San Fran with my family as a kid in 1992 and got a Warriors cap to mark the occasion.

24 years is a long time to wait for a championship, but boy it was worth it! What an epic season!

welcome. do post more often here

Back