The Official Charlotte Hornets (nee Bobcats) Thread aka the Hive

Remove this Banner Ad

Tough period of games coming up for Charlotte from now until the start of March.

At the end of February there is a four game stretch where they play @ San Antonio, @ OKC, @ Miami(back to back) and Indiana :eek:

Could see them drop out of the playoff race if they don't pick up wins against the likes of Detroit and Brooklyn. Wouldn't be the worst thing tbh

Tough period of games coming up for Charlotte from now until the start of March.

At the end of February there is a four game stretch where they play @ San Antonio, @ OKC, @ Miami(back to back) and Indiana :eek:

Could see them drop out of the playoff race if they don't pick up wins against the likes of Detroit and Brooklyn. Wouldn't be the worst thing tbh

Wow thats a horror run.
I'd say we lose to Brooklyn comfortably at the moment.

Article on Clifford and some the changes he has made this year, particularly on the Defensive end.

d0cf04f81604f98cf747da9cff4460ab_crop_exact.jpg

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ples-that-turned-around-the-charlotte-bobcats

Alot of it doesn't really say all that much other than standard basketball things, but there are parts in there that make me believe they got the right guy for this period of time with a good understanding of where the team and franchise is at and what needs to done to keep improving.

Last edited:
That was a great win. Franchise high for assists I believe.

Tolliver has been playing really well of late and is proving to be a very good pick up given that he is only earning $1 mill this season. Hope that we keep him around after this year.

Will be interesting to see if Charlotte are active before the trade deadline, they have the Portland and Detroit picks to work with and have been linked with the likes of Evan Turner and Bass. It seems like they want to make the playoffs this year so I wouldn't be surprised if a move is made.

Also, obligatory LadyCat pics

3df80b1a7f2211e3b3c00e911c26a798_7.jpg

4ccdc0b28e8611e3983d1234ac373e8f_8.jpg

Yeah Al is a beast, he managed to get some nice rest minutes in the first half as well, then went to work in the second when the Pistons had abit of a run.

With all these supposed trade rumours getting around, none of them excite me greatly, if there all that's on the table I'd probably rather sit on what we've got for another year, even though it might be a nice shot in the arm before the whole re-branding next year it would not worry me in the slightest to not make the playoffs again this season.

I have that uneasy feeling they'll try and do something to reach the playoffs this year that will backfire the next year and beyond.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about them Horncats.

Solid win against a Grizzlies team that was rolling along pretty nicely after getting Gasol back. Man the Bobcats defence has been fun to watch this year. If Neal and Ridnour add to AT as consistent threats behind the 3pt line things should be even more fun to watch overall and the trade may have been worth it.

Al had a tough game and match up, Kemba stepped up :thumbsu:

Really tough road trip coming up, at Spurs, Thunder and Heat. First home game after that is the Pacers as well.

7-3 over the last 10 games :thumbsu:

Kemba was superb today (good to see him hit some clutch FTs after yesterday) and Biz had his moments too. Really impressive that they can get a win against the Grizz with Al having his worst game in a while.

More than likely they will go 0-4 during that brutal stretch coming up, however after that the majority of their games are against East teams that are around or below them. If they can stay injury free, maintain this style of play and integrate the new guys the 5th/6th seed isn't out of reach

Pretty boring Saturday arvo, figured i'd have a go at a court design like lots of other people are doing.

14courtS.jpg

Not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but i'd be happy with something along those lines :D

Last edited:
Still fairly happy with the effort against the Heat, what you can take from it anyway, Big Al quietly Big Al'd once again (38/19).

Shot 51% (39% from 3) so that wasn't bad, left some points at the line.

Neal was meh starting, would be rough to get on him about that though having only just arrived.

Would have been nice to have Hendo obviously.

Can't do much against an LBJ going HAM. Just have to sit back and appreciate you got to watch it really.

Pretty happy with the efforts on this tough road trip.

Pretty happy with this months 'Social Media Sweetheart' too just quietly.
140303_rachel_story.jpg

MKG is a terrific young defender but he is only in his second year and Clifford should have given him some help against LeBron.

It's the second time in a month and a half that his opponent has dropped 60 but I hope that it doesn't dent his confidence too much. In all my years of following sport I don't think that I have ever wanted someone to succeed as much as him.

Been a great game to watch so far, fully expect Indy to thunder home in the last.

Big Al has schooled Hibbert for stretches, they tried to get Hibbert going on offence, nope. Kemba is opening up there D nicely.

MKG and AT have been all over PG :thumbsu:

12 games left and Washington are 2 games ahead in the 6th spot.

Charlotte get to play them two more times so it could certainly tighten up if results go our way. We have a really good record against Toronto over the past few years so it would be great if we could play them instead of Miami.

Regardless of what happens, this season has turned out much better than I ever expected. Even with Al I thought that we would be a bottom feeder but Clifford has really done a great job and should be commended.

Man all of this is so good.

Official name changeover today. Hugo unveiled on the 5th of June, uniforms on the 19th and court on the 26th.

88-02 History coming back to Charlotte.

Shuttlesworth officially on a chub for the month of June.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back