The Official Western Conference Semi Thread: Portland v San Antonio

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Now this will be a decent series. 2-2 in the regular season.

We all know the keys for Portland, Lillard and LMA (who missed one of the losses and scored 14 off the bench in the other on his comeback from injury). The 2 wins had LMA with 20 plus points. Lillard scored over 20 in all 4 matchups, but his kryptonite has always been defense, and he's up against one of the elite point guards here rather than the Lin/Pat matchup int he last series

portland.gif

I could watch that again and again and again and again.

Likewise the keys for San Antonio match up directly with these 2, Parker and Duncan.

So that brings us to the other guys. Wes and Mo can catch fire at any time, likewise Manu showed up in Game 7 today.

Going to be a good series fellas.....

Love to see Portland get up, but Spurs in 7 is my pick.. oh yeah there was sposed to be a poll... oh well

Should be a really fun series I reckon it goes to 7 games

Blazers match up well with the Spurs, have done for sometime.

That said, can't tip against the Spurs as their D is more reliable - just hope the series goes 6/7 games.

Whoever wins this series will be my sentimental favourite the rest of the way.
This. I really think the Spurs bench depth will cause a lot of problems over 7 games. Rooting for Portland due to RoLo but I can live with either team winning this one is triple OT in game 7

Will be a great series, but I think they will roll us. They are in fine form while we really laboured against Dallas. If we just rely on Parker and Duncan again Portland will knock us off in 5.

In terms of the starters Portland matchup pretty well. They have like a younger better version of what Dallas threw at the Spurs. The bench is where the Spurs have the real edge. They kind of look like they awoke from their slumber a bit too. Spurs in 7.

I think if we are going to win, it has to be in 6 or less. A game 7 in San Antonio is a nightmare to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long time lurker, first time poster on the bball board. Really looking forward to this series, will be jumping on the Blazers bandwagon for the rest of the playoffs now that my Dubs are out.

Strong user name :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back