Competitions The Pieman 2021 - with a difference!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Busy busy.
In case I don't get a chance to consider my picks before the bounce I'll put in a placeholder pick:

Naughton
Bont
Weightman
Scott
Hannan

Bont, Treloar x2, Scott, Weightman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PIEMAN RESULTS RD 9 v Port Thingy

Great win on one of the toughest road trips in the league. I've broken out the single malt to do it justice.

No Pieman subs required this week - that makes life a bit easier. Lots of carryover teams though.

Here are the provisional results - I will do a re-check I've entered all the teams correctly but in the interests of getting the results out quickly I'll take the risk that they're all OK.

Pieman Player of the Week

It's everybody's favourite pun pup Cody Weightman, although he only just got there from JJ who is back in favour after a thorough BF whipping in recent weeks.

1621086115271.png

Pieman Player of the Year

Naughton has made up a little ground on Bruce but nothing much else to report.

1621086331343.png

The KELVIN

Lots of teams wanted a piece of Cody Weightman this week but it was the two that REALLY loaded up on him with a 3x who did best. They were Wocka with an impressive Kelvin-winning 229 and SayerTheCreator (209) who is pretty glad he reversed his original decision to pick Keath. Nobody else cracked the 200 but a Codyless Struggle chose an impressive group of goalscorers to tally 194 and finish third.

This was Wocka's second Kelvin for the year as he also won it in Round 1. So you really didn't have long to wait, m...ate.

There were no bonus point winners this week. The average score was 97.5 and the median was 96.

1621086478510.png

The PIEMAN
The big scores really churned things up at the top. Curly5 (who I promised to tag ;)) has dropped to second place because a resurgent Boyd oh Boyd reclaimed the lead by a narrow 5 points after dropping to third last week. Wocka (12th up to 3rd) and SayerTheCreator (16th up to 5th) were the big movers and dogwatch is still just hanging in there for 4th. Congrats also to Struggle who made a big move up from second last 38th to 27th. With the season less than halfway through it's clear anyone can still work up through the field to challenge the leaders.

For anyone wondering what the asterisk means, it's to show past Pieman winners.

1621086892836.png

Pieman Handicaps Rd 10 v St Kilda

Here's the early release of handicaps for the Saints game. Provisional, subject to team selections.

I've rejigged a few of the handicaps this week. It's a bit of a "market adjustment" as the ASX analysts might say. I reserve the right to fine tune them when teams are announced but I'll try to avoid that. The demise of Thursday night team selections has made it hard this year as it gives us very little time between the naming of the team and the first bounce. I hope they bring Thursday teams back next year.

I've left Vandermeer in because Doggy said he was named as being "in the mix" in a member's email, despite the injury report saying he's 3-4 weeks off yet. I'm not expecting he'll be named but stranger things have happened on selection night.

1621260746124.png

Here's the early release of handicaps for the Saints game. Provisional, subject to team selections.

I've rejigged a few of the handicaps this week. It's a bit of a "market adjustment" as the ASX analysts might say. I reserve the right to fine tune them when teams are announced but I'll try to avoid that. The demise of Thursday night team selections has made it hard this year as it gives us very little time between the naming of the team and the first bounce. I hope they bring Thursday teams back next year.

I've left Vandermeer in because Doggy said he was named as being "in the mix" in a member's email, despite the injury report saying he's 3-4 weeks off yet. I'm not expecting he'll be named but stranger things have happened on selection night.

View attachment 1130469
I believe Thursday night naming of teams is back from this week.

Vandermeer wasn't at training so doubt it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back