Resource The Punters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow: Just saw Danferfield is still $1.40 to win - next best is Dusty for $6

Am I missing something, feel like dropping some significant coin on it
Exaggeration but some say he can beat Teasdales record under the 2 umpire voting system.

Well he will beat Dane Swans 34

Brownlow: Just saw Danferfield is still $1.40 to win - next best is Dusty for $6

Am I missing something, feel like dropping some significant coin on it

Been telling myself that every week. Shortest priced fave in history and they always win

Fellow Adelaide Crow Punters - putting it out there and looking for opinion/feedback/advice early this year I placed $100 on the SANFL Crows to take out the flag at 9/1.

There has been some crests and troughs but here we find ourselves through the Elimination final and marching ahead. Now although I think we are good enough to take it out I am not sure it is as much of a priority at AFC as it is in my house! Don't get me wrong I realise they would take a win but with the roles the need played the structure etc I think they would be happy to have won one final.

So Ladbrokes have offered me today a cash out of $200 so I have doubled my money - should I take it or hang tight? My more learned mate always screams at me "ya never cash out" but do I?

Can we get over South or go much further?

Hmm I really cant answer this as I am of the generation that still goes to the TAB and places bets. I always look at it as money already spent. So I tend to hang on till the end. My first thought would be to give you this advice as well. Or at least wait till after this week as you should be offered more.

Do you believe we can beat North? The answer will tell you what to do.

Edit: SANFL ohh so edit the line to ask. Do you think the AFC can beat South?

Hmm I really cant answer this as I am of the generation that still goes to the TAB and places bets. I always look at it as money already spent. So I tend to hang on till the end. My first thought would be to give you this advice as well. Or at least wait till after this week as you should be offered more.

Do you believe we can beat North? The answer will tell you what to do.

Edit: SANFL ohh so edit the line to ask. Do you think the AFC can beat South?

Yeah they were my thoughts as well - can we beat South, away from Hickinbotham Hill they seem to be vunerable {at home they are 7-10 goals better} I am leaning towards hanging on for another week, cheers!

Fellow Adelaide Crow Punters - putting it out there and looking for opinion/feedback/advice early this year I placed $100 on the SANFL Crows to take out the flag at 9/1.

There has been some crests and troughs but here we find ourselves through the Elimination final and marching ahead. Now although I think we are good enough to take it out I am not sure it is as much of a priority at AFC as it is in my house! Don't get me wrong I realise they would take a win but with the roles the need played the structure etc I think they would be happy to have won one final.

So Ladbrokes have offered me today a cash out of $200 so I have doubled my money - should I take it or hang tight? My more learned mate always screams at me "ya never cash out" but do I?

Can we get over South or go much further?

If it was me , I would wait another week.

Not footy but a fair effort??

https://www.g1x.com.au/news/racing/punter-turns-400-quaddie-into-787000

Punter turns $400 quaddie into $787,000
BY TRENT MASENHELDER - @TMASE04
3 hours ago Horse Racing

Punters. (Pic: Getty)

We all love a good punting story.

And while there have been plenty over the years, they don’t come much better than this.

On Saturday, one astute Sportsbet punter earned himself a spot in the Punters’ Hall of Fame after he turned $400 into a whopping $787,461.75.

The man, who chose to remain anonymous, got the Moonee Valley quaddie a lazy 33.3 times, taking just 12 combinations.

What a bloody genius.

Incredibly, the punter anchored Danny O’Brien’s filly Merriest in the first leg, despite her being sent off at $26.

In the next leg, he had Fast ‘N’ Rocking ($9.50), Keen Array ($7.50) and Voodoo Lad ($2.70 favourite), and when the latter saluted, he was halfway home.

To the feature race, the Group 2 Dato’ Tan Chin Nam Stakes, and our man had two hopes – The Cleaner ($12) and Awesome Rock ($31).

You can imagine his reaction when Stephen Baster piloted the Leon and Troy Corstens-trained outsider home.

With sweaty palms and a racing heart, the punter needed either of Darren Weir’s pair Tall Ship ($21) or Killarney Kid ($5.50) to take out the last to land a very rich pay day.

As history shows, Killarney Kid won his third race on the spin, and at 5.28pm eastern time, our man was $787,000 richer.

No doubt he would have celebrated long and hard. And rightly so – it’s one hell of an effort.

From all of us at G1X.com.au, we salute you.

Roo Lives Again

Sorry , didn't want to derail the other thread haha.

Could never trust the Bears. Their defence is fragile and their offence is sketchy.

Don't mind - Buffalo at $2.36

Not keen on them, reckon the Ravens will do quite well this season. I'll be on the over in that game however. Am considering a big multi

Seahawks win
Arizona win
Bears +6
Over 44.5 Ravens v Bills
Tampa Bay +3

$10.32

Not keen on them, reckon the Ravens will do quite well this season. I'll be on the over in that game however. Am considering a big multi

Seahawks win
Arizona win
Bears +6
Over 44.5 Ravens v Bills
Tampa Bay +3

$10.32

Agree on everything except Bears ;)

Dont mind Browns and Jets on the line.

I reckon Redskins and Steelers on the over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is me done for the year. Collected my winnings today. Well loss relief. Spent $440 collected $280. Learnt a lot about margin betting and when and when not to do it. My winnings would have been more if I had chosen H2H as I had picked winners but not margin. Yet margin also gave me better winnings. Will spend the summer analyzing and refining.

One question. When does the 2017 Brownlow Medal market open? I want to have a Bont. ;)

This is me done for the year. Collected my winnings today. Well loss relief. Spent $440 collected $280. Learnt a lot about margin betting and when and when not to do it. My winnings would have been more if I had chosen H2H as I had picked winners but not margin. Yet margin also gave me better winnings. Will spend the summer analyzing and refining.

One question. When does the 2017 Brownlow Medal market open? I want to have a Bont. ;)

Is open.

Danger should have it in the bag. By far and away the best player in the comp. Where is Fyfe at? The only other chance IMO.

$7 for a Bont on Sportsbet.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...k=7257b1381a140268a0329213ff227d3c-1476318912

2017 PREMIERSHIP ODDS

$4.50 GWS Giants

$6 Western Bulldogs

$6.50 Sydney

$7.50 Geelong

$7.50 Hawthorn (in from $8)

$9 Adelaide (out from $8)

$15 West Coast (in from $17)

$26 Fremantle (in from $51)

$26 Collingwood

$34 St Kilda

$34 Port Adelaide (out from $26)

$34 Melbourne

$34 Essendon

$51 Richmond

$67 Carlton (out from $51)

$67 North Melbourne (out from $51)

$67 Gold Coast (out from $51)

$251 Brisbane

Odds: TAB

Don't bet on Brownlow this far out. Odds won't change until just before NAB, but players could have all sorts of issues between now and then.

The whole NSW government banning greyhound racing then reversing the decision was hilarious.

Left me shaking my head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back