Wetdog

I really am Aker.
Jun 23, 2008
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I couldn't find a thread on this. I'm really hoping we secure one of the licences in the women's football league. Surely - as one of the early pioneers and if we can make a strong business case - we must be a good chance. I think the deadline for submission of the application is end of April. Hopefully we will hear the outcome in the next couple of months.

Anyone else got news on this?

I couldn't find a thread on this. I'm really hoping we secure one of the licences in the women's football league. Surely - as one of the early pioneers and if we can make a strong business case - we must be a good chance. I think the deadline for submission of the application is end of April. Hopefully we will hear the outcome in the next couple of months.

Anyone else got news on this?

According to Caroline Wilson we're a lock.

Our CEO mentioned new sponsors wanting to jump on board because of the girls team. Any information? Priceline? Honda(!)?

According to the Age, Hawks, GCS and Port are not applying for a team in the W-AFL.

Dogs and Melbourne still considered front runners.

We should be given one of the licences but it does worry me that other clubs such as Collingwood and St.Kilda (and Brisbane who'll get a licence with GC not bidding) are making announcements over their women's footy departments when we've been largely silent on this.

We should be given one of the licences but it does worry me that other clubs such as Collingwood and St.Kilda (and Brisbane who'll get a licence with GC not bidding) are making announcements over their women's footy departments when we've been largely silent on this.
According to Jake Niall we are certainties. Collingwood next likely, and then it's anyone's guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Jake Niall we are certainties. Collingwood next likely, and then it's anyone's guess.
Melbourne as well, surely?
Applications closed today
We will find out in july if we get the team
According to a lot of reporters we and dees are basically locked in
If either the WB or Melbourne missed out it would be the greatest travesty since Chris Grant was robbed of a Brownlow

Melbourne as well, surely?

If either the WB or Melbourne missed out it would be the greatest travesty since Chris Grant was robbed of a Brownlow
Yep by we I meant Melbourne and us as the ones that have put in the work, sorry.

A photo of the 1956 Footscray Bulldogs Women's Team. Courtesy of Footscray Bulldogs Facebook Page. Not sure of the story behind it. Ted is on the right. Sutton in the middle.
View attachment 242008

That photo also has Jack Collins, Brian Gilmore, Roger Duffy and Doug Reynolds from the 54 flag side.
And some rather fetching female footballers... :)

That photo also has Jack Collins, Brian Gilmore, Roger Duffy and Doug Reynolds from the 54 flag side.
And some rather fetching female footballers... :)

Yes. And dubbed 'Collins Cuties'. Not sure you would get away with that now!

Love the photo. Just had to share it on here.

Yes. And dubbed 'Collins Cuties'. Not sure you would get away with that now!

Love the photo. Just had to share it on here.

Great photo, thanks for sharing.

Wonder if any of the ladies are related to any of the male players of the era, given that most of our list at the time were local to the Footscray area and surrounding suburbs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back