Things that sh*t me the fifteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been rolled over to Part 16 here

People who say we should give up eating meat and chicken cos it’s cruel and eat insects instead. Don’t insects have feelings too? Why aren’t they telling us to stop eating fish and crustaceans?

I generally eat less meat nowadays because of climate change and environmental reasons.

If you wanted protein but wanted to be a more environmentally ethical consumer, insects are the way to go.

I do agree that it's the warm fuzzy feeling that causes people to complain about eating pigs and hunting whales but are perfectly fine with eating fish and hunting insects.

I generally eat less meat nowadays because of climate change and environmental reasons.

If you wanted protein but wanted to be a more environmentally ethical consumer, insects are the way to go.

I do agree that it's the warm fuzzy feeling that causes people to complain about eating pigs and hunting whales but are perfectly fine with eating fish and hunting insects.
So which particular insects do you recommend? And how will we measure any outcomes as far as climate is concerned? (Two separate questions.)

So which particular insects do you recommend? And how will we measure any outcomes as far as climate is concerned? (Two separate questions.)

The amount of land, water and carbon emissions required for beef is far higher than the equivalent amount of insects. Chicken is better than beef too if you're put off by the ick factor. Crickets and grasshoppers are particularly tasty.

I don't think it's a controversial or political view that eating less meat is better for the environment overall. No one is forcing you to eat insects.

The amount of land, water and carbon emissions required for beef is far higher than the equivalent amount of insects. Chicken is better than beef too if you're put off by the ick factor. Crickets and grasshoppers are particularly tasty.

I don't think it's a controversial or political view that eating less meat is better for the environment overall. No one is forcing you to eat insects.
There's just no way this could be true.

Nah he’s right, travel around SE Asia.
Cook anything with enough spice and garlic and stuff and it all taste good.

Roasted bugs don’t really taste like anything except their herbs, just crunch and spice.
Lathering it up with things that do taste nice isn't the same as it being tasty on its own.

Lathering it up with things that do taste nice isn't the same as it being tasty on its own.
I suppose that’s why they serve steak without aaaaaaany sides or sauces right.

Do or don’t eat it I don’t really care but let’s not pretend we’re not seasoning and garnishing our meats with spice and condiments.

Last edited:
Nah he’s right, travel around SE Asia.
Cook anything with enough spice and garlic and stuff and it all taste good.

Roasted bugs don’t really taste like anything except their herbs, just crunch and spice.
Yep.

How do you cook freshly bought meat? Perfectly

How do you cook that dodgy looking meat at the back of the freezer?

In a curry

I don’t think even force would get me to eat a mountain of grasshoppers in preference to a piece of steak. It’s not a practical solution for anyone but true believers.
Although I have eaten chicken feet! And snails!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has always struck me as a little odd the lines that people arbitrarily draw on food (without trying it first).

Bugs - ewwww nah that’s gross
Meat pie with god knows what in it - yeh load me up

If you try and don’t like it that’s one thing but if you don’t even try it hiw can you possibly know.

I don’t think even force would get me to eat a mountain of grasshoppers in preference to a piece of steak. It’s not a practical solution for anyone but true believers.
Although I have eaten chicken feet! And snails!

I don’t think anyone would suggest it becomes the viable alternative to luxury food like a steak. We really do need to drop our meat consumption overall though. Even just a reduction (which doesn’t mean you have to eat bugs by the way).

It has always struck me as a little odd the lines that people arbitrarily draw on food (without trying it first).

If you try and don’t like it that’s one thing but if you don’t even try it hiw can you possibly know.

I don’t think anyone would suggest it becomes the viable alternative to luxury food like a steak. We really do need to drop our meat consumption overall though. Even just a reduction (which doesn’t mean you have to eat bugs by the way).
thumb_146965466_452392056126982_6079978159949215081_n-7276148012.jpg

This is exactly why I have never eaten seafood.
yes but your a conservative cooker who'd rather vote antivax than for an increase in welfare payments and lives your life to talk about the foam in others mouths so I'd expect that level of idiocy from you

my wife is like that, wont try anything she hasnt tried before or wont even smell it, when i do get her to try something, she always says, oh thats nice

yes but your a conservative cooker who'd rather vote antivax than for an increase in welfare payments and lives your life to talk about the foam in others mouths so I'd expect that level of idiocy from you
You love random silly rants and abusing people don't you?

I'm sure you wouldn't talk the way you do to people face to face in say a pub instead of from behind a computer screen.

I don't think it's too much to ask for people to conduct themselves with some civility.

You love random silly rants and abusing people don't you?

I'm sure you wouldn't talk the way you do to people face to face in say a pub instead of from behind a computer screen.

I don't think it's too much to ask for people to conduct themselves with some civility.
stop being a shittruck troll and then we can talk about civility

I know an anti vaxxer who used to munch more pills than Pacman back in the day, not the exact same thing but made me laugh.

stop being a shittruck troll and then we can talk about civility
I think you probably aren't a bad bloke but sorry you need to have a good look at how you conduct yourself. There's also a lot of actual scumbags in this place as well, maybe concentrate you attention there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back