Toast Think it is time to make the call

Remove this Banner Ad

He's improved aspects of his game every season. Acceleration, hands, speed, kicking, contest work. He's going to be like Priddis in the contest but not totally one dimensional.

To be fair I'm not sure how much credit the club gets for this. I thought Sando wanted Bernie out for personal reasons and we just happened to get a pick for him, but it worked out, and then we probably drafted Matt to increase our chances of retaining Brad.

Matt was averaging 38 possessions a game when he was drafted. He's was clearly a good ball magnet with plenty of skope for improvement when drafted. Not super fast or 190cm but we wouldn't have had the pick if he was. Plus he's been durable so far.

Careful. We picked the Galluch over Powell Pepper Nasal Spray. Port have that one over us at this stage.

I'd be more annoyed if I was a West Coast supporter SPP is from East Perth FC which is WCE feeder club ! They overlooked him for a Victorian kid named Venables. Conveniently not mentioned much in the media.

Back on topic - I mentioned earlier in the year when do we start referring to Brad as brother of Matt (BOM).

Rory would be so far out in front of the B&F after R6, it might take Matt the rest of the Year to catch up but he's doing a mighty fine job of it.

I don't know about that one. I'm not sure SPP has much scope for improvement. I could be wrong though. Time will tell.
That is an odd thing to say. I have never known a player to hit their ceiling in their first year....

But anyway let's wait and see what The Galluch can do....

Anyway MCrouch > Limpy ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MCrouch averaging 30+ disposals, that's automatic "elite" if you ask me. He's definitely also improved his disposal efficiency and goal kicking accuracy. He actually might make a case for Brownlow status if he keeps this rate of improvement over the next year or two. He reminds me very much of M Priddis, a no-nonsense approach. And if M Priddis can get a Brownlow, then M Crouch is a foreseeable possibility.

I reckon he's a lock for B&F if he continues this on. No one had been as consistently good as he has.
I always notice Matt more in a game over Brad. A number of times this year I have surprised (pleasantly) at the number of possessions Brad accumulated. I wonder if other people are the same? I think it's easy to underestimate Brad's influence on a game

Bit harsh when the ceiling is the floor.

vxbs7o.jpg

if we could get a similar pick for Mackay or (a slightly higher one for) Douglas I'd take it and run.
I don't think you understood the question. You don't put Vince in the same category as Mackay. Point is you have to make some tough decisions with decent players. And I think Dougie's age would go against him.

The difference is Lever played early and played well, completely different

Gooch's debut wasn't much later than Lever's and was promising enough for him to have remained in the side ahead of the returning travelling emergency who was dropped the week before. I don't see it as being completely different. Plus from memory, we had a couple of injuries that allowed Jake to get his crack, not really the case with Gooch.

I don't think you understood the question. You don't put Vince in the same category as Mackay. Point is you have to make some tough decisions with decent players. And I think Dougie's age would go against him.
Vince is obviously a more talented, better player if he's actually playing to his ability which he routinely was not.

someone like Mackay could have a slightly inflated value for a club like Brisbane that always seems a little rough around the edges in terms of professionalism. Given that Noble is up there as well he'd probably consider a pick in the low 20's a steal for a best 22 outside runner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back