Social Science Tight arse things you or others do

Remove this Banner Ad

Instead of paying an arm and a leg for food at the footy, I buy a Pizza Pie for $7.90. I open the Pizza box, put in a meat pie, close the lid, pay for the Pizza, and get a Pie free.

That's heaps better than what I used to do which was the old slip the pie in the pocket method. Once I did this only to realise there was a policeman staring at me the whole time...which was awkward.

****ing ridiculous prices.

www.boozle.com.au is a winner here.

My mum and dad tend to keep the little sachets from KFC that contain the serviette, spoon, straw and the baby wipe-like tissue thing. I have no idea when they're going to be put in use.

My mum does that with sugar sachets. She has a whole jar of them at home.:D

Instead of paying an arm and a leg for food at the footy, I buy a Pizza Pie for $7.90. I open the Pizza box, put in a meat pie, close the lid, pay for the Pizza, and get a Pie free.
Could also save some money by taking someones wallet or go into the dressing room at shops with clothes to try on and walking out with none :cool::cool::cool:

I keep all the extra mini soy sauce bottles which you get when you buy sushi (the ones that are shaped like a fish).

They're handy for when you microwave dimmies or other similar food items.

Always take all the little soaps, shampoos, coffee, tea, biscuits and sugar satchels whenever I stay in Hotels.

When I was 15 and 16 and played colts footy I would jump the back fence every home game mainly due to the fact that it was quicker to go to the game. 16 yo needed to pay a concession fee of about $3.50

The a year after when I was 17 and played in the league side I continued the same thing to avoid the $7 admit fee however I stopped after I started to here team-mates talking behind my back about it.

Did the same thing for the annual show since I was 10 to 19. Under 16 was about $5 and 16 and over was $10. With the rides ranging from $5 - $8 I wasn't paying the entrance fee and many of my mates would come around for pre-drinks and jump it as well.

• If there is ever a big golf tournament in Sydney he stakes out the course and works out how he can sneak on for free - even going so far as to cut holes in fences for him to crawl through on the day. The guys almost 90 and he is trekking through dense scrub and scaling fences to avoid paying the entry fee.

I Lol'd at this.

My tightarseness:
- My work are tight and make you bring your own tea/coffee/sugar. whenever I go away and stay in say a hotel i take all the coffee, sugar and tea each day I stay there and replenish my work stocks this way. it's not much, but it helps the hip pocket.

I sit outside the bank and when someone rich goes to walk in I stab him and steal his wallet

Our local supermarket use to have complimentary tea and coffee, a goodwill thing mainly for pensioners after they do their shopping.

One day an older bloke rocked up and picked up one of the paper cups.

Instead of just making himself a cuppa, he filled the whole cup with just instant coffee powder. He then picked up another cup and filled that up with sugar.

With his good work done, he picked up his two cups of coffee and sugar, left the supermarket, and went home.

I sit outside the bank and when someone rich goes to walk in I stab him and steal his wallet

LOL.

A single green bean (for example) costs 1c, so theoretically, if you ever need to buy green beans, or items of similar weight, at your local supermarket, go through the checkout with one bean at a time, and you wont be charged for it. So you could keep going back through with one bean at a time, gradually collecting the necessary amount, for free.

Note: May be ridiculously time consuming and stupid.

LOL.

A single green bean (for example) costs 1c, so theoretically, if you ever need to buy green beans, or items of similar weight, at your local supermarket, go through the checkout with one bean at a time, and you wont be charged for it. So you could keep going back through with one bean at a time, gradually collecting the necessary amount, for free.

I think this belongs in the 'theories you and your mates have developed' thread...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL.

Wouldn't you be better off purchasing two beans at a time? Or if you don't want to be so time-consuming, you could make it 2.4999 beans so that the weight of the beans don't make you pay five cents for them.

I've considered doing that for fuel before, for a joke. I've once dared a mate to fill up two cents of fuel before and go in to pay for it. He ended up going over so he put in six cents and went to pay for it. The look on the bloke's face was priceless.

Over in the U.S we have so many satchels of stuff at fast food places like KFC, McDonalds, Burger King etc.... plenty of times i buy a burger and take home pocketfuls of honey mustard, BBQ sauce, mayonaise satchels.

I remember an Enid Blyton story I read when I was a kid - it was about a guy who used to go around the street picking up cigarette butts until he had enough to roll himself a whole smoke!

The fact that such a thing was actually published in a book of children's stories will give you some idea of how long ago I was a kid.

Wouldn't you be better off purchasing two beans at a time? Or if you don't want to be so time-consuming, you could make it 2.4999 beans so that the weight of the beans don't make you pay five cents for them.

I've considered doing that for fuel before, for a joke. I've once dared a mate to fill up two cents of fuel before and go in to pay for it. He ended up going over so he put in six cents and went to pay for it. The look on the bloke's face was priceless.
[youtube]rVPHfN0ETUw[/youtube]

:D :thumbsu:

I think most pumps now deliver a minimum of one or two litres before they'll stop.

BUt I do remember a mate once buying a dollar's worth of petrol, because that was all the money he had. This was back in the days when he probably got two or three litres for that though.

I remember an Enid Blyton story I read when I was a kid - it was about a guy who used to go around the street picking up cigarette butts until he had enough to roll himself a whole smoke!

The fact that such a thing was actually published in a book of children's stories will give you some idea of how long ago I was a kid.

my mate did that when he was out of work.

re-rolling the smoke dregs at your OWN house is acceptable. scabbing butts of the street is disgraceful

last month at schoolies got the best buy buying home brand.. 20 beef burgers for $1.50. doesnt get much cheaper than that.

Best bit is that as well as cooking up the burgers you can cook the cardboard box they came in and nobody will notice the difference.

Ditto. And I always give the nozzle a bit of a shake to dislodge those remaining few drops before I put it back on the hook.

um, are we still talking about petrol? :cool:

My grandfather is easily the tightest person I know. He grew up during the depression and was dirt poor so he learnt to scrape every cent he could and has never changed his habits, despite being well off financially. A few examples...

• He cuts his own washers from sheets of plastic.
  • If there is ever a big golf tournament in Sydney he stakes out the course and works out how he can sneak on for free - even going so far as to cut holes in fences for him to crawl through on the day. The guys almost 90 and he is trekking through dense scrub and scaling fences to avoid paying the entry fee.
  • He has small quantities of shares in dozens of companies dependent on how many freebies they give away at their AGM. Soul Pattinson is his favourite, every year he gets a shitload of creams and vitamins and other barely useful s**t. If an AGM is held at a place he knows well, he often has worked out a way of doubling back into the building to collect a second/third/fourth goodie bag.
  • He used to play alot of golf and if either of us ever hit a ball into the bushes, we would never, never be allowed to continue until we found it. It didn't matter that we might find 2 or 3 other balls during the hunt, we would have to keep searching till we found it.
  • He has worked his cars fuel consumption out to a tee. So if he ever has to take a road with a toll, he will study a road map to determine whether the extra fuel that would be expended by taking a longer way would be would cost more or less than the toll.
Great character who I absolutely adore :thumbsu:

You should start a viral twitter account about him :p

last month at schoolies got the best buy buying home brand.. 20 beef burgers for $1.50. doesnt get much cheaper than that.

We paid less than a dollar each for a week's worth of bacon as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back