Social Science Tight arse things you or others do

Remove this Banner Ad

Did the same thing for the annual show since I was 10 to 19. Under 16 was about $5 and 16 and over was $10. With the rides ranging from $5 - $8 I wasn't paying the entrance fee and many of my mates would come around for pre-drinks and jump it as well.

ah yes, that would happen alot at my local town show, people would jump the fences and run through the parking area, I used to see grown men and their kids do it.

One thing I hate is when my friends insist in getting a cab between venues in the CBD on a night out. The flagfall is $4.50 or something to start with, and the driver always takes the longest route as slowly as possible and/or doesn't know where they are going (even with instruction), so it'll often end up costing around $10-$12 between two or three people. An ex-gf used to live 6km from the city, and I used to cab it back into town from her place late at night if I wasn't staying over (neither of us had cars) for exactly $11 each time, so somehow they're overcharging within the CBD. It doesn't cost much, but it's just the principle of the thing. I either pay only $2, or I just walk by myself (as it's usually only a 10-15 minute walk at the most). When you don't have much money to begin with (I live on roughly $130 of Student Allowance per fortnight currently), cab rides over distances you can just as easily walk are a waste IMO.

On another cab-related note, if I'm out on a night when I can't get a bus home to the Adelaide Hills after midnight (any night other than Saturday, really), I'll stay out by myself until morning (when a bus is available) and/or wander the CBD (more than once this has involved a kip on a park bench near the Torrens) rather than pay the $80 cab fare home. A few of my friends live on the way to where I live, but I still won't pay anything over $20 for a cab. When there's been three other friends intending to catch a cab the same way, I've suggested that they all give me $20 (and I'd put $20 in myself) and we'd all get home cheaply (as they'd have to pay $15-$20 anyway if there were just three of them), but it always gets laughed off :confused:

Also, having grown up on Home Brand stuff, IMO most of it isn't any poorer in quality or taste from brand name stuff that I've experienced at different times. You get your obvious exceptions (Home Brand cornflakes are terrible), but for things such as canned items, there's no difference. Coles brand stuff is actually pretty good too IMO.

When buying piss at the footy, do so at the breaks when its busy as you'll blend in and go un-noticed.
Grab a drink, stand around like your waiting in line or your waiting for a friend, finish your drink, then grab another one. Your getting 2-for-1 and when your paying $8 for a bourbon and coke its fair enough in my mind. Same can be done with food. I do it all the time as the prices are outrageous.

When buying piss at the footy, do so at the breaks when its busy as you'll blend in and go un-noticed.
Grab a drink, stand around like your waiting in line or your waiting for a friend, finish your drink, then grab another one. Your getting 2-for-1 and when your paying $8 for a bourbon and coke its fair enough in my mind. Same can be done with food. I do it all the time as the prices are outrageous.

I always go shopping at dinnertime. Start out in fruit and veg, pick out some grapes to munch on, maybe an apple, then head over to the deli. Get a roast chicken, then wander the aisles just eating the chook. Finish up in the frozen aisle, pick out one of those individual frozen yoghurts and knock that back.

I always go shopping at dinnertime. Start out in fruit and veg, pick out some grapes to munch on, maybe an apple, then head over to the deli. Get a roast chicken, then wander the aisles just eating the chook. Finish up in the frozen aisle, pick out one of those individual frozen yoghurts and knock that back.

Threads about tight arse acts not theft.

I developed a brilliant plan at the woolworths self serve checkouts.

If the total price for my groceries is say $23.48, I will pay via eftpos but choose the "pay other amount" option. Then I'll enter 3c more, i.e. $23.51, and I'll get 5c change, effectively making a free 2c :thumbsu:

I love these self-serve checkouts.

You can also chuck limes (@ $8 per kg) on the scale with your onions @ $2 per kg!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To save money on toilet paper, when I wipe my arse after I take a dump, instead of using toilet paper initially I use my own hands to scrape the larger portions out, then at the end I use a little bit of toilet paper. I find this saves me alot of money on toilet paper. :thumbsu:

I bring my own plate, cutlery and napkins from home and usually grab some rolls and meat from the deli. I usually always grab a flavoured milk from the fridge, then I'll get myself a magazine to read. After dinner, I'll open up to the middle page of Ralph, open up a packet of condoms, open one up, and the rest is history.

Whole experience saves me around $20, but doing that only a weekly basis adds up. Bringing my own plate, cutlery and napkins from home shows I'm not that much of a tight arse.

To save money on toilet paper, when I wipe my arse after I take a dump, instead of using toilet paper initially I use my own hands to scrape the larger portions out, then at the end I use a little bit of toilet paper. I find this saves me alot of money on toilet paper. :thumbsu:

Toilet Paper? Pfffft Just get a Dog ;)

not that tight but i always check every shop for the same product in a shopping complex.. takes time but can save up to 50% some times..... i work in a liquor store so i keep track of the average RRP etc and when the stuff i drink is cheap i stock up

also when im short on cash and wanna get wasted heres a cheap way to get you and your mates drunk

5L berri fruity gordo cask $15
1 Bombora coconut rum stuff $15
3 l pineapple juice $3
3 L orange mango soft drink $3

12L, 60 standard drinks of awesome tasting punch for $36 (i get it even cheaper cause of working in the bottle shop)

82308120_353c2a9160.jpg

Whoa Whoa Whoa, There’s still plenty of meat on that bone. Now you take this home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you’ve got a stew going.

I get my family to save their leftovers instead of throwing them out (except cooked bones) & add it to Kennys food. When you have a 45kg dog, every little bit helps. :D

One thing I hate is when my friends insist in getting a cab between venues in the CBD on a night out. The flagfall is $4.50 or something to start with, and the driver always takes the longest route as slowly as possible and/or doesn't know where they are going (even with instruction), so it'll often end up costing around $10-$12 between two or three people.

This is peer pressure at its finest. If you're on say East Terrace and going to West Terrace (in Adelaide city) and everybody wants a cab, it's not like you're gonna walk down on your own.

I also too have waited around for the buses to start running again, but only when I'm in town 6am + which rarely happens.

I despise people being tight in social situations. If you can't afford to participate either don't come or borrow $100 off of me or someone and pay your way and then pay it back.

Got a mate who is a f'ing tight arse. There have been some classic examples over the years. One time at the pub in a round of 9 blokes i realised it had gone around once and a bit so i told tight arse it was his buy. Everyone else arks up and he realises he has no choice.

So he comes back with nine schooners (small 285ml in SA) of pale ale (cheap common beer in SA) when we had for 10 beers been drinking rounds of pints of Heineken (the 570 ml imperial ones).

I LMFAO at him and shook my head and gave him a serve and told him he had taken tightness to a new level. He claimed to have forgotten which was clearly bullshit.

Another time at an impromptu BBQ where everyone agreed to bring their own meat he rocked up with his new chick (who was tighter than him) with a tray of coles sausages.

The guy's house we were at cooked up all the food. He had a couple of beautiful steaks for himself and his wife. After finishing cooking everything he sits down and looks at the tray of food and asks where his steaks are. Everyone looks at Mr and Mrs Tightarse who are already half way through demolishing his steaks.

Another mate of mine borrowed my 1990 GF DVD and a year and a half later after repeated requests for its return replaced it with a 1990 GF VHS tape!

Another time at an impromptu BBQ where everyone agreed to bring their own meat he rocked up with his new chick (who was tighter than him) with a tray of coles sausages.

The guy's house we were at cooked up all the food. He had a couple of beautiful steaks for himself and his wife. After finishing cooking everything he sits down and looks at the tray of food and asks where his steaks are. Everyone looks at Mr and Mrs Tightarse who are already half way through demolishing his steaks.

lol.

That's bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back