Speculation Tim Taranto [OOC 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Doesn’t matter. You always start threads about any player from any club.
Except North. Cause they’re not worth chasing.
Well yeah...
I don’t care to discuss my teams players leaving

don’t worry more threads to come

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Lol you nuffy I meant this isn’t about my club going after this player
982CA9F2-C87B-4D03-8903-4D38F0A0D8DD.gif

Elmer_Judd

#InBielsaWeTrust #MOT
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Doesn’t matter. You always start threads about any player from any club.
Except North. Cause they’re not worth chasing.

Although I agree with you about the OP starting probably too many threads, Tim Taranto is probably the 2nd biggest player coming out of contract at the end of this season (after Ben King) and as such, was always going to be a player of great interest.

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Although I agree with you about the OP starting probably too many threads, Tim Taranto is probably the 2nd biggest player coming out of contract at the end of this season (after Ben King) and as such, was always going to be a player of great interest.
If the threads are any good we usually put the mod as the OP anyway to make sure it's not hidden for people who have Ziebull on ignore. Ziebull knows the rules about making threads, we've talked about it before – must be OOC this year, anything longer than that must be supported with mainstream media speculation at the very least or it gets either merged into the club thread or deleted. Others are welcome to make threads about North players if they are valid discussion and not trolling crap.

Thetrader15

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you a friend of his?

For mine it comes down to money, I reckon teams will offer much more than gws to get him which would be enticing for Tim to set himself up long term
I hope the crows use most of their spare cap space to get him to AO. Any idea on what his relationship with Nicks was like Sickblue?

Elmer_Judd

#InBielsaWeTrust #MOT
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yep. I would have thought Richmond and St Kilda would be at the front of the queue here.

Probably easier to list the (Vic) teams unlikely to pursue TT

Carlton - (can't afford him for S/C reasons I would have assumed)

Collingwood - (in a hard rebuild and I think have their sights on Ben King)

Essendon - (actually undecided whether they will chase him or not, although going to be very difficult with them to get a trade done with GWS after Bobby Hill fiasco last year)

Geelong - No SC space or decent trade assets to get a deal done

Hawthorn - Similar to Collingwood

Melbourne - Don't need him

Western Bulldogs - No trade capital and have q tight salary cap squeeze apparently

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United

Essendon - (actually undecided whether they will chase him or not, although going to be very difficult with them to get a trade done with GWS after Bobby Hill fiasco last year)

Western Bulldogs - No trade capital and have q tight salary cap squeeze apparently

Yeah that is pretty fair. I could see a world where Carlton have a crack but as you've said I'm not sure how competitive their offer would be salary wise. Melbourne were interested in him a few years ago but it would be such a pointless trade for us to make now.

Foxman98

Team Captain
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

We also don't need him unless hes become a 6 foot 8 ruckman or key defender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sickblue

Debutant
Jan 15, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I hope the crows use most of their spare cap space to get him to AO. Any idea on what his relationship with Nicks was like Sickblue?

No idea to be honest, but what I do know is that he’s genuinely happy in Syd (loves it I fact) and he certainly is not the homesick type. Unlikey to leave GWS any time soon.

branedotorg

Premium Platinum
Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
Yeah that is pretty fair. I could see a world where Carlton have a crack but as you've said I'm not sure how competitive their offer would be salary wise. Melbourne were interested in him a few years ago but it would be such a pointless trade for us to make now.
after getting in Saad, Cerra, Hewitt, Young, Zac Williams; resigning McKay and Cripps; and with Walsh OOC this year the only way we would/could get him in would be if a decent player wanted out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad