Time for some "man" conversations as the great Phil Walsh use to say..

Remove this Banner Ad

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think it's well past the time the club had some "man" conversations as the great Phil Walsh use to call them, where players and the club have open and honest conversations about where they see themselves in the grand scheme of things and can still walk away shaking hands.

I say that based on all the rumours and now Brad crouchs manager shopping him around to hawthorn and Richmond.

Source:

Richmond have made a "Courtesy call" to a contracted player.

Following on from the hawthorn rumours Richmond are also into him so where there's smoke there must be some fire..

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/sport/Brad-Crouch-s-Manager-Speaks-About-His-Phone-Call-With-Richmond

From the article

"McDonald has told Trade Radio:

“They called out of courtesy because his name was linked with them… they didn’t initiate any conversation.

“To the best of my knowledge, Brad is not going anywhere.

“He is really happy over there, lives with his brother, really excited about next year.”

Doesn't sound great for the crows.

Why leaving would be more appealing than playing afl with your brother who knows but it must be something. Or Brad is just using it to push up his own value before negotiating with Adelaide or if Matt wants out as well, who knows.

But the club should. After standing by Brad through all his injuries, he owes us that much. The truth about what he's doing talking to other clubs etc.

Last edited:
This is becoming a horrendous sport to follow especially if you are the follower of a "feeder" club like the Crows.

Man.

Man conversations.
I think it was just the great Phil Walsh's way of saying open and honest conversations where you hold your dignity and can both say the truth about how you feel and want but still shake hands at the end of it regardless of the result of the conversation.

I think it was just the great Phil Walsh's way of saying open and honest conversations where you hold your dignity and can both say the truth about how you feel and want but still shake hands at the end of it regardless of the result of the conversation.
Yes. But he called them man conversations.

I read that article and to me it seems that the rumours of Brad Crouch wanting to go to Richmond came before Richmond called. So, I think Richmond just asked his manager whether or not there was any truth to Brad Crouch wanting to leave. Manager told Richmond that it isn't true. They laughed and moved on.

That is what it looks like.

Most good players get calls through their management about changing clubs. If other clubs aren't making enquiries about your players, you have s**t players.

We would also make such calls about players from.other clubs.

The notion of being "shopped around" is tabloid sensationalism used to create discussion and social media traffic.

Having said that. The fall out of the Loony Tunes camp could have been dealt with through some "Man Conversations".

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do, but it wont be Brad Crouch
I'm taking the piss. Sort of. I read the article and thought how can anyone be worried by that?

Then again, managers lie. Hard.

So really we are none the wiser.

I dont care anymore. The players are our players if they are still on the list post trade period.

At this rate you would be wary paying to get a players number on the back of your guernsey. In 10 years time will you see alot more "supporters of the game" rather than supporters having strong club allegiances.

Greed and the "media celebrity" have taken over this game. That's why seeing Nathan Buckley's evolution as a coach, and more importantly, a quality human, being was such a nice change from the norm.

Didn’t Justin Reid tell trade radio yesterday that Brad’s not going to be traded and that him and the Richmond list manager had a ‘chuckle’ when they first heard about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Didn’t Justin Reid tell trade radio yesterday that Brad’s not going to be traded and that him and the Richmond list manager had a ‘chuckle’ when they first heard about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

But they will keep pushing and pushing until they put the seeds of doubt in his head and he changes his mind.

Victorian scumbags.

Not sure. But hawthorn and Richmond. And our track record of losing players. We'd already lost half a dozen stars before we made the GF.

If you had said on GF day that mcgovern, lever and Cameron would be gone in 12 months you would have said they were nuts. Especially since mcgovern had just signed before the GF for 3 yrs. Now inquiries from multiple clubs for crouch based on hearing their name linked to him. Sounds like his manager is doing his job and fishing and got a few nibbles for his client.

After everything that's gone down, if Adelaide aren't having some "MAN conversations" now where they are doing the opposite of CM and listening to the players and where they are at then they are as nuts as.. a bag of nuts.

Nice overreaction to a non-event.
Oh so NOW the Cm stuff and players leaving and our culture are a non event? Last I heard everyone on the Adelaide board wanted Burton fired and haas and fagan gone. That's not an over reaction but wanting open conversation is? Gotcha.

I'll tel you what happens, it is the same with politics.

Journalists/media commentators etc are meant to report news and add an opinion once reported however what we now have is journalists/media commentators etc trying to make news. So a journalist throws it out there that Brad Crouch is wanting to go Richmond and then like a bunch of seagulls after a hot chip there is this massive cluster * and then you have managers, clubs etc trying to close it down, when in all reality it didn't exist in the first place.

Journalists/media commentators are the lowest form of scum!

Oh so NOW the Cm stuff and players leaving and our culture are a non event? Last I heard everyone on the Adelaide board wanted Burton fired and haas and fagan gone. That's not an over reaction but wanting open conversation is? Gotcha.
15 players re-signed this season, I'd say they're not as worried as the media would have you believe.

You're really doing well today.

The CM stuff, that's worth questioning because evidently something went wrong. Burton/Hass gone has merit because they have a shocking track record. Player retention deserves some questioning even if you don't care about it as a concept (as I'll openly say that I don't care in the slightest about it) as there is possible improvement a /potential strategy change required. This is none of that. This is one of our players getting a courtesy call, and him knocking it back because he is happy here. That is the ******* definition of a non event.

This isn't an open conversation or anything like that at all, you're just being an absolute nuffy.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back