Nostradamus Lives Tom Mitchell to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey, the kids at school were all talking about how your list is really, really old, the cliff is fast approaching, and your youth is.... concerning, to say the least. Are you hawks fans aware of such things?

I'd love to hear more about our 'concerning' youth. You've put it out there, please elaborate so we can discuss properly.

Just keep in mind the VFL is generally a higher standard of footy than the NEAFL. (I assume you watch a lot of Box Hill matches, which is what your analysis will be based on).

We understand the draft so we get the concept of a number of years of low HFC draft picks. Often, such players can develop, but they take more time.

Oh, and don't get too excited about the cliff. When our old guys retire, Clarko and Wright are going shopping.

Of course our list is aging, in which the club has already begun the rejuvenation process. We will be in for a bit of pain as we continue this process but trading and FA will potentially speed up this process - hopefully similar to Geelong. Hawks will go down a bit, that's ok, we've tasted a great period of success.

And of course Sydney's list has been rejuvenated on the run also. However this has primarily been on the back of their exclusive academies where they can develop players from a young age and then draft them for handful of sh1t late round picks that doesn't come close to resembling market value - then they get a 20% discount!

The AFL gift wrapping Tippet to the Swans for SFA is another leg-up.

The corrupt nature of the AFL to ensure continued success in the northern states at the expense of teams who have been starved of success for a long, long time is fascicle. Some of the issues these success starved teams has been self inflicted but a lot of it is due to the comprised draft, academies, ambassadorial payments, CoLA, FA, etc, etc.

Yep. So hopefully you'll complain about the AFL handing Brisbane 3 premierships as well?

You do realise they had the cost of living allowance during their period of success, don't you?

Oh and any club in the comp could have offered Franklin a 10 year deal. Your very own club could've. We had the guts to do it.

Sydney have brought in Tippett and Franklin over the past 10 years within their own rights and have broken no rules.

Brisbane have an academy as well? Why aren't you whinging about their academy? Is it because Sydney has experienced recent success?

Hasn't Port brought in Dixon and Ryder in the past 2 seasons? Why isn't anyone complaining about them?

Or the lions who have brought in Christensen and Beams?

Rebuttal please...

I'd love to hear more about our 'concerning' youth. You've put it out there, please elaborate so we can discuss properly.

Just keep in mind the VFL is generally a higher standard of footy than the NEAFL. (I assume you watch a lot of Box Hill matches, which is what your analysis will be based on).

We understand the draft so we get the concept of a number of years of low HFC draft picks. Often, such players can develop, but they take more time.

Oh, and don't get too excited about the cliff. When our old guys retire, Clarko and Wright are going shopping.
You're about the third guy who hasn't read the thread and realised i was making a joke in response to another post.

Yep. So hopefully you'll complain about the AFL handing Brisbane 3 premierships as well?

You do realise they had the cost of living allowance during their period of success, don't you?

Oh and any club in the comp could have offered Franklin a 10 year deal. Your very own club could've. We had the guts to do it.

Sydney have brought in Tippett and Franklin over the past 10 years within their own rights and have broken no rules.

Brisbane have an academy as well? Why aren't you whinging about their academy? Is it because Sydney has experienced recent success?

Hasn't Port brought in Dixon and Ryder in the past 2 seasons? Why isn't anyone complaining about them?

Or the lions who have brought in Christensen and Beams?

Rebuttal please...

If you can comprehend my post, you will note I commented on the benefits that the northern states receive. If memory serves me well, I thought that would encompass Brisbane, Gold Coast, GWS in addition to Sydney.

I understand recruiting Franklin was the tipping point which lead to CoLA being abolished or rebranded. Tippett was already gifted to you by that point.

'Ambassadorial Payments' seems to be a legit way to soften the blow of losing CoLA.

FA - I am aware that this is something everyone can be involved in, however it is difficult to compete when some clubs have other means to remunerate their players fiscally.

Clearly the northern states have a significant unfair competitive advantage on a number of levels. I am not saying Sydeny are not playing by the advantageous rules set in place for them, but don't pretend that it doesn't give you a significant leg up when managed correctly.

If you can comprehend my post, you will note I commented on the benefits that the northern states receive. If memory serves me well, I thought that would encompass Brisbane, Gold Coast, GWS in addition to Sydney.

I understand recruiting Franklin was the tipping point which lead to CoLA being abolished or rebranded. Tippett was already gifted to you by that point.

'Ambassadorial Payments' seems to be a legit way to soften the blow of losing CoLA.

FA - I am aware that this is something everyone can be involved in, however it is difficult to compete when some clubs have other means to remunerate their players fiscally.

Clearly the northern states have a significant unfair competitive advantage on a number of levels. I am not saying Sydeny are not playing by the advantageous rules set in place for them, but don't pretend that it doesn't give you a significant leg up when managed correctly.

Can you explain this please? Any other club in the comp could have got Tippett.

Why are we being lambasted for getting him? I don't understand your logic behind that?

He was a free agent and we got him. Why isn't anyone complaining about Port getting Dixon and Ryder? Bulldogs getting Crameri? Goddard to Essendon??

Explain.

Hawthorn picked up Frawley after winning a flag.

You are an absolute hypocrite of the highest order.

Embarrassing yourself. Quit whilst your ahead.

Can you explain this please? Any other club in the comp could have got Tippett.

Why are we being lambasted for getting him? I don't understand your logic behind that?

He was a free agent and we got him. Why isn't anyone complaining about Port getting Dixon and Ryder? Bulldogs getting Crameri? Goddard to Essendon??

Explain.

Not FA. You picked up Tippett in the Preseason Draft where no club below you had the CoLA to facilitate overpaying him. Adelaide lost The ability to trade him ensuring the Sydney could pick him up for nothing.

Hawthorn picked up Frawley after winning a flag.

You are an absolute hypocrite of the highest order.

Embarrassing yourself. Quit whilst your ahead.

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?

Frawley was FA, Tippett was via PSD. Sydney had CoLA to assist them in overpaying Tippett.

Hawthorn also lost Franklin to a team that has quite a few advantages in remuneration to get him after we won a flag too.

Tell us everything you know about "Ambassadorial Payments". You realise players at Hawthorn get ambassador payments, don't you?

It's nowhere near the same level as the northern states. The southern states have a lot more declines and greater scrutiny when requesting this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****, imagine that.

Given the AFL appoints the ambassadors, I doubt they decline many of them.

That's right, the AFL appoint them at their 'discretion'. But you are aware that clubs lobby for them too?

There is a very strong and deliberate weighting to northern states when Ambassadors are appointed.

For the record, I don't doubt that players who have strong third-party income might be willing to accept smaller playing contracts. That's why I choose Swisse, after all.

Ambassadorial program is not like a traditional 3rd party agreement. But you would already know that, given you use Swisse.

Sydney's Academy was self funded & brought in by the Swans to

a) Help gain a foothold in a Rugby heartland & to create a pool of AFL footballers that will eventually filter out to lesser leagues which in turn would grow in number thus providing an alternative sport for NRL raised kids to try their hand at.
TICK!

b) Help the Swans build a pool of more homegrown talent which in turn would increase our ability to draft locals which turn would reduce the go home factor we have faced for years on end after spending two years in developing these kids only to have them get home sick & go back home to strengthen the Vic clubs. It is still happening at Brisbane, GC & GWS! We have slowly eased the problem but it still exists. Our list has been increasing in NSW talent each & every year meaning we leave more Vic, SA or WA boys in the pool, giving them more chance to stay in their home state. This is a big plus all round.
TICK!

c) Actually grow the NSW talent pool for the draft for the National competition. We won't be able to take all these kids from these academies, but we are allowed to have first crack at them for being bothered with the whole exercise.
TICK!

This was all agreed upon by all the AFL clubs when we put up this proposal some 7 years ago because it was a fantastic idea & it was a way of developing talent in NSW, a non traditional AFL state without draining the resources of the AFL which would have a far greater cost to the competition.

But guess what?
It's working too well so when we harvest the first fruit after 5 years, the AFL changes the rules not once but for a second consecutive year.

I can tell you that should the AFL further change the rules for the Swans in particular, we will hand it over to the AFL to run at their cost.

Make up your minds AFL. Do you want a foothold in NSW or not?

How does publishing figures help you?
I'll spell it out for you.

We all think you are talking out of your ass. You know nothing. You are making s*** up.

Unless you prove otherwise, you are just another random BF poster claiming inside knowledge. Most of those end up being full of s***.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back