Nostradamus Lives Tom Mitchell to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

why do people get so upset when Hawthorn go after a player in the trade period everyone does it we just seem to get the players that we need and we always give fair market value.then teams like Geelong go and get Henderson Dangerfield Sellwood Zac Clarke and others in 1 draft and no one says nothing it's okay as far as I'm concerned it's just part of the game these days with trading and free agency.we lost Franklin suckling Campbell Brown anderson hallahan kennedy mcglynn to name a few so all is fair come trade time and it shouldn't matter that we have done so well over the past few years..

FWIW, I heard Mitchell to Hawks, Langford plus pick, probably a second rounder, to Swans.
Do hawthorn at least throw in a bottle of lube with that, or do we just have to take it?

Langford isn't even best 22.

I certainly rate Langford.
Hasn't reached anywhere near his full potential IMO.
What he (and your whole team) did in 2014 GF still hurts.
As a trade though, that will be proven v potential, so not the best for us.

I'd have thought 2017 would be better. This year 16-18. You'd think they'd drop down the ladder at some stage so an earlier pick would be more attractive.

No, Clarkson holds the hand here, and he's made that clear by going to the press.

Hill will only be traded if it benefits Hawthorn. Eg, the trade rewards Hawthorn with something that they can then use to land Mitchell.
ARROGANCE.

FWIW, I heard Mitchell to Hawks, Langford plus pick, probably a second rounder, to Swans.

Seriously, the Swans took advantage that JPK was still learning his craft. He had too many great midfielders ahead of him at the time.
The offer of regular games and money was as he said too good to refuse.
Will Langford is different in many way, got his premiership in 2014, struggled coming back from injury this year.
His younger brother, Lachie is at the hawks and next draft the 3rd Langford, James will be at the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and it still burns the campaigners deeply.

Yep

Nothing I'd love more than to "Bradbury" this years flag and deny fourthorn twice, a flag on both sides of the 3peat.

Buddy kicking the sealer over them would 3 extra sweet

campaigners would burn so hard you could see the glow from Sydney :D

and it still burns the campaigners deeply.
Nah. We owe the Swans.

If Hawthorn didn't lose 2012, they wouldn't have won in 2013.
If Sydney didn't play off in the 2014 GF, Hawthorn wouldn't have won the 2014 flag.
If Sydney hadn't poached Franklin, Hawthorn wouldn't have been able to keep its list together and recruit Frawley.

Thanks for everything, Swans. :thumbsu:

If Sydney hadn't poached Franklin, Hawthorn wouldn't have been able to keep its list together and recruit Frawley.

Sydney "poach" Franklin via Free Agency
Hawthorn "recruit" Frawley via Free Agency

More than one "Chip" at Hawthorn

Sydney "poach" Franklin via Free Agency
Hawthorn "recruit" Frawley via Free Agency

More than one "Chip" at Hawthorn
Hook, line and sinker.

Mitchell to Hawks
Hill to fremantle
Hawks 1st and Freos 3rd to Swans.
Ok, think about your club. Could you see Dodoro trading someone like Mitchell for picks 16-18 and 40 (ish)?

Look, it may happen, but it's way under his value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back