Nostradamus Lives Tom Mitchell to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell can't kick, won't fit our style. O'meara is a like for like for hill (outside mid)
Crouch is the one I'd chase though, start him on the wing to start with the view of him eventually taking Sam Mitchell's place in the guts

O'Meara is nothing at all like Hill, that's truly a poor comparison.

His father lives in Sydney and works for the Swans. Mitchell's manager has been pretty clear that it's absolutely about money.
So it's not true that his folks have split?

His dad working at the swans means nothing. Jack Gunstons dad works at Essendon and yet he plays for the Hawks

I didn't say that it meant anything, was just clarifying that he lives in Sydney.

His dad working at the swans means nothing. Jack Gunstons dad works at Essendon and yet he plays for the Hawks

Well actually it means there's little basis to the statement that Tom wants to move to Melbourne to be with his dad...but don't worry about correcting that hey!

Unless Mitchell Snr is also switching, I guess staff are probably similar to players at this time of year with wheelings and dealings, could leave and get a job in Vic I guess which may influence Toms decision. All speculation though.

His father lives in Sydney and works for the Swans. Mitchell's manager has been pretty clear that it's absolutely about money.

Out of interest what did his manager say?

I thought Mitchell was on pretty good money, I remember reading (albeit on here) that he had a substantial contract offered in the region of $500k. Correct me if I'm wrong?

I thought Mitchell was on pretty good money, I remember reading (albeit on here) that he had a substantial contract offered in the region of $500k. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Apparently 6 clubs are interested in Tom including West Coast.
Let the bidding commence!

That they had a figure in mind and the Swans had presented a figure and that there was a decent gap in the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know who?
Looking at clubs that should be keen for a quality inside mid:
Carlton
Richmond
Hawthorn
West Coast
GC
Essendon?
Lions too maybe?

GC and Lions might be interesting, as they suddenly have AFL help to pay the full cap. They will have money to spend this year.

Do you know who?
Looking at clubs that should be keen for a quality inside mid:
Carlton
Richmond
Hawthorn
West Coast
GC
Essendon?
Lions too maybe?

GC and Lions might be interesting, as they suddenly have AFL help to pay the full cap. They will have money to spend this year.

They mentioned it On The Couch but other than WC I don't thionk anyone else was named.

It would be fantastic if at the last minute, Tommy stayed & we went back to back! Come on Tom. You are a Swan for life.

Please, this is the afl. There is no such thing as bidding. It is called the player nominates a team and it is 90% chance he goes there. No bidding. As the player has to nominate. Welcome to the afl......maybe if it were like nba and nfl there would be a kind of bidding system or just teams counter offering and making better offers but until then. no bidding :)

P.S The only bidding that will happen will be to toms manager about a yearly wage hahahahaha

Please, this is the afl. There is no such thing as bidding. It is called the player nominates a team and it is 90% chance he goes there. No bidding. As the player has to nominate. Welcome to the afl......maybe if it were like nba and nfl there would be a kind of bidding system or just teams counter offering and making better offers but until then. no bidding :)

P.S The only bidding that will happen will be to toms manager about a yearly wage hahahahaha

I'm still constantly amazed at how many people don't understand this, a player has to sign off on going to a club, they simply refuse to sign with club that isn't their choice, clubs dont have to satisfy other clubs, just have to satisfy the player.

So much this. It's hilarious that the players are STILL crying out they don't have enough leverage.... go play in the NBA you peasants and see what it's really like.

Wow!
Just how good are Hawthorn!
They are the best at just about everything now.
Clarko has even become a really nice bloke too.
To think he punched a hole in the wall afte rjust one loss.

Go you good Hawks.
Go Clarko you geniune good bloke.
This is so puke worthy now!
We didn't even lose that game Teddy, it was a goal in the last few seconds of the first quarter that set him off.

Perfection doesn't come easy. :)

I dont understand the hate for players that want to go to the Hawks.
If i was an AFL player Id want to go and play for the triple Premiers as well.

After your club plays them in a couple of recent Grand Finals you might better understand the views from a supporter perspective.

As for hate? Meh. Spangher went to the Hawks and won a flag and was mostly congratulated by swans supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back