List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give you the hot tip, you don't move forward as a football club, trading 2 first round picks for players to offload them for 3rd rounders.

The last 7 years have been an absolute disaster.

Scharenberg
Freeman
2 First Round picks for Beams
2 First Round picks for Treloar

6 First Round Selections burnt.

Heads should roll, but it's jobs for the boys with us.
Care more about looking after mates than success.
To be fair could we predict Treloar would injure both hamstring tendons and develop mental health issues? Or that Nathan Freeman would destroy his hamstring tendon in his first pre-season game? Or that Scharenberg would rupture his ACL 3 times?

That's not how Adam sees it according to reports, he believes he's already taken the bullet for the club and now he wants to be paid what he's owed. I imagine that's one of the main sore points.

And he wants to be away from the club for 2-3 days per week - its unrealistic to expect full contract payments with such a substantial change, to his commitment to the club.

Last edited:

And he want to be away from the club for 2-3 days per week - its unrealistic to expect full contract payments with such a substantial change, to his commitment to the club.
I think there's more to it than that, but Kim, pick 5 and GC just seems like a dream come true for both sides, especially when Kim and Adam have both said they'll eventually settle in QLD.

Rumour on Nicks

“I’m hearing that Treloar won’t be moved on after all. He’s made it very clear to the club he won’t move interstate and will not take a penny less than his contract states no matter what club he’s at so we might likely be chipping in a too big of chunk to make it worth our while. This has been a disaster from the moment the story broke
But we are still in need of cap space and the rumour I’m hearing is

Sidebottom and pick 14 to Crows
Pick 8 & 20 to us
Crows want some experience in there young midfield group and want outside run. We want to be active in draft and need salary cap relief and we have more than enough to cover his departure

With picks 8 & 20 we might be able to deal with Suns to get pick 5 and some later picks upgraded for us
Suns have made it known pick 5 is available if they get a good player or the right deal so why not get as high up the draft as we can”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Treloar rumours are only going to amplify by the day now. It’s been about 3 weeks and we’ve heard nothing. The trade period finishes next Friday and we don’t know if he’s staying or going if he does move will it be to a VIC Or QLD club? We don’t know if it’s a salary dump or it’s for his family. So many questions not enough answers. I think we will hear something soon.

You do realise the trade period hasn’t actually started yet?

Rumour on Nicks

“I’m hearing that Treloar won’t be moved on after all. He’s made it very clear to the club he won’t move interstate and will not take a penny less than his contract states no matter what club he’s at so we might likely be chipping in a too big of chunk to make it worth our while. This has been a disaster from the moment the story broke

Pick 8 & 20 to us
Crows want some experience in there young midfield group and want outside run. We want to be active in draft and need salary cap relief and we have more than enough to cover his departure

With picks 8 & 20 we might be able to deal with Suns to get pick 5 and some later picks upgraded for us
Suns have made it known pick 5 is available if they get a good player or the right deal so why not get as high up the draft as we can”

What a load of garbage lmao

I reckon it’s all but guaranteed we will get McDonald to play down back and move Moore forward next year.

Reckon Buckley has realised that futility of trying to keep doing the same thing And expecting different results.

His comments postseason about our structure and gameplay pretty much confirmed as much IMO.

Moore and Mihochek makes for a very mobile forward line. Very much in the mould of Lynch and Riewoldt

Rumour on Nicks

Pick 8 & 20 to us

I’d do that Sidebottom deal in a heartbeat

Pick 8 & 20 to us

We pick up 6 spots into the top ten and get 20 as steaknives for a 30 year old who took the pi55 in 2020.....

Never thought I’d say I’m happy to lose Steele but if true that’s a great deal.

Of course it’s likely to be bollocks

Rumour on Nicks

Pick 8 & 20 to us

And why would Sidebottom be happy to move to Adelaide, away from his extended family, when he’s just had a kid?
Calling bs.

Rumour on Nicks

Pick 8 & 20 to us

There are worse outcomes than that, I'd keep the picks though, Will Phillips would be perfect but 8 and 20 could be Perkins and maybe Callow.

Last edited:
Gonna be a few less members next year if the club ship off one of our favourites for peanuts, dunno how on earth you could possibly sell that to your fan base.
If it's what occurs, you can't try to sell or spin it, you admit that you made some bad decisions and stuffed up the salary cap and sadly had to let go a great contributor to the club. We'd move on and get over it. I expect they'd also fire a sacrificial lamb - probably Ned Guy.

Rumour on Nicks

Pick 8 & 20 to us

LMAO. What a joke of a suggestion.

We need cap space, so move on the guy who has continually signed on for unders to the wooden spooners - get a grip, why even post this absolutely baseless trash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone here did the analysis that with all the delisting and retirements we probably free up $2.5 mill of which he estimated $500 would be lost to new deals Moore etc.
Now added to this we made an unsuccessful offer for Cameron- so it’s seems our problems are being overblown by the media.
The lament we overpay our players ignores the fact Mioceck and JDG (2018) both accepted unders to stay - and at the end of the day the market decides what a player is worth. Moore is being paid around the same as Lever and May , and of the 3 I know which one I’d take at around $800k.
I like how you accept all the rumours that suit your narrative, but none of the rumours that don't.

Pick 16 + Pick 41 + Phillips to Melbourne for Gus Brayshaw + Tom McDonald + Pick 25

Treloar to Suns for Wright and Fiorini

Cox to someone for a pick

WHE to someone for a pick

Lynch to someone for a very late pick

C: Fiorini, Brayshaw, Daicos
FOL: De Goey, Grundy, Adams
HF: Elliott, Mihocek, Wright
FF: Stevo, Moore/Roughy/TMac, Sidey
INT: Pendles
No Reef McInnes?? Half the people that post draft and trade options leave out Reef. Is it by accident or don't they rate him?? Very few also have him in the 2021 team, again is it because they don't think he will be there first up??

Rumour on Nicks

Pick 8 & 20 to us

LMAO. What a joke of a suggestion.

We need cap space, so move on the guy who has continually signed on for unders to the wooden spooners - get a grip, why even post this absolutely baseless trash.

What’s your problem. I merely posted a rumour from another site. If you have a problem with it then don’t read it.

where were the howls of indignation at the time these deals were done - ......................................I'm hearing crickets.
Clearly everyone is an expert in hindsight.
I howled on Beams and Freeman, and giving up two firsts for Treloar instead of one, so there’s a 66.6% foresight howling ratio.

No Reef McInnes?? Half the people that post draft and trade options leave out Reef. Is it by accident or don't they rate him?? Very few also have him in the 2021 team, again is it because they don't think he will be there first up??
Reefs endurance is currently pretty poor. Whether or not a preseason fixes that is up for debate, but as it currently stands he probably wouldn’t be in line for an early debut because he won’t be able to run a game out.

What I don't understand is that we complain that the club doesn't put years into securing the big F/A like Cameron and Lynch but then we don't consider that maybe this trade period is about setting up to exactly that in 2021. Is this beyond the realm of possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back