List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mcinnes is a long way away mate, not gonna be AFL standard within 12 months, he's barely played in the past 2 years, was okay at VFL level inbetween his injuries this year.

I suspect McInnes will start forward in the AFL before progressing to midfield. He might find minutes up there with our depth forward pretty poor, especially if De Goey shifts to midfield.

Wow you haven’t been watching the Dees the past month have you?! You think the sh*t storm over our work last off-season was bad well this would be the cherry on top. I would be hesitant to take him in the PSD let alone invest serious currency into him the guy is just no good.

Weidemen is no good. Must avoid!

What are your thoughts on Riccardi and Coleman-Jones as possible targets?

Dogs would have no interest whatsoever. Great for us though.

Yeah Lipinski would be such a good fit for us going forward, but probably well out of our reach and he's likely to want to go to a contender if he does leave the Doggies.

Played well in the first quarter of round 1 then was gassed. Played well in round 2, played really well in round 3 and then was injured in the first quarter of round 4.

Where were these bunch of poor games....?

So playing 1 good quarter then going missing for 3 quarters isn't a poor game for you? Interesting

Weidemen is no good. Must avoid!

What are your thoughts on Riccardi and Coleman-Jones as possible targets?

Yeah I have to assume Beeg hasn’t been watching much footy since Weideman’s returned. He’s getting a good run at it in a team that until this week was playing amazing footy yet he’s still below average in almost every statistical category for a KPF.

I don’t think the exchange of 1st rd picks is a crazy suggestion more that the trade needs to be obviously in our favour because we’re taking on a shitload of risk. Because of that it needs to be a Rivers or Harmes as a minimum not Weideman. I would also want some points in this draft.

Riccardi via PSD and CCJ isn’t for us. I like Riccardi because he offers something different to our current mix, but I would still be investing that 2022 1st into a tall. CCJ’s not worth what he’ll cost to extract and is no better than Cameron.

Last edited:

Take that with a Grain of Salt as I don't think he ever been Right

I think it was more a case of Hardie revving Schwarz up a little, given that the discussion went from Schwarz saying Maynard wasn't exactly his favourite player, to one of the team predicting that Maynard would kick the winning goal after the siren, and then Hardie "crystal-balling" that Maynard would be playing at Melbourne next year.

Last edited:
Yep it's clear Weideman is a bust like Schache. I would only take him as depth in the PSD.

Darcy Cameron > Weideman.
These are some typical comments on Weideman from posters in the BF Melbourne game review thread v Collingwood.

Weid is done. Ship him off. He's hopeless.

Anyone still think Weideman should be in the side ahead of big bustling Ben Brown?

Never want to see weedman in the red and blue again. TBF hasn't been sited for weeks anyway.

The obese campaigner playing full forward for Nar Nar Goon 3rds should be in the side ahead of Weed.

Weed ain't doing anything. What the hell are his total stats for the year. Will look like one game for Tmac.

I've got no doubt Weid's time is up. Terrible delivery today but you can't keep putting up doughnuts and expect to survive.

The loss doesn't fall on Weideman's shoulders bla bla. Be that as it may, he's now played five games for a grand total of 39 disposals, three goals and nine tackles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be going to Melbourne and swapping our future 1st picks for season 2022 and getting Weiderman from Dees in the deal.

I'm confident Melbourne do what Saints did this year.

Pies need a forward, this kid needs 22 games opportunities to be the number 1 forward, I have no doubt he comes good with some injury luck.

Could be a deal for the ages if it works our way with Dees getting tougher fixture and potentially dropping down the ladder.
Jesus christ where do I sign!?

I agree on Murphy but would have to see what Ruscoe can do as a defender before agreeing to retain him. He does not look up to playing as a forward.
To me - moves well, good height, lovely kick, looks competitive. He's got a long long way to go, but I'd see where he goes. But yeah I wouldn’t bet either way on him. I'd bet heavily against Murphy.

So glad no one on here is doing our list management. Give it up on the Riccardi talk he’s at GWS and Sier is not even a 3 round trade.
We’ll get in two players in the ND we know who they are. Possibly get some draft pick for either Cox or Lynch depending on who they decide to keep. Levi will retire due to injury and maybe a couple other departures looking to go elsewhere or simply time is up. (JT)
I’m guessing we’ll leave open spots like this year as our ND hand is very poor. Use the Rookie or MSD and then load up for some high picks in 2022.

Obviously this is all dependent on who the new coach is and their thoughts on certain players. Still we don’t have a great position this year so maybe it’ll take a bit of time and we’ll have to deal with some of our spud players for a little longer.

To me - moves well, good height, lovely kick, looks competitive. He's got a long long way to go, but I'd see where he goes. But yeah I wouldn’t bet either way on him. I'd bet heavily against Murphy.
Murphy like Sier seems to have difficulty playing a full game and is also frequently out injured. If only Sier had Murphy's reckless courage at the contest, and Ruscoe had arms capable of taking overhead marks. Can you see Ruscoe holding down a forward position?

Murphy like Sier seems to have difficulty playing a full game and is also frequently out injured. If only Sier had Murphy's reckless courage at the contest, and Ruscoe had arms capable of taking overhead marks. Can you see Ruscoe holding down a forward position?
I think Ruscoe might be a back flanker. Can't see any other role for him really.

And as I pointed out your 3rd and 4th rd draft pick KPFs comparisons Patton, Schache, Gumbleton etc were all injury prone or mental health issue players... with the exception of Peter Wright... who was not getting games in a crap 2020 Suns team.

Is Weideman in a crap 2021 Melbourne team? Cause that’s the faulty comparison you are making.

I very much look forward to reminding you of this conversation down the track..

Thought I'd dig this up whiskeytown. Don't think we even need to wait till trade period for this to be settled. He'll most likely be dropped for Ben Brown/Melksham and struggle to get back in for the rest of the year.

Not having a go and was a good debate. But we should never give up a first/second rounder for VFL form. They might make good moneyball trades with a pick downgrade in the 3rd round like Darcy Cameron, but first and second round picks should be reserved for best 22 players with proven AFL form. Same goes for Riccardi. Overrated on this board given he's a fringe player at GWS and only worth a gamble if we don't have to give up anything worthwhile for him.

I'm glad we have Graham Wright now to tighten up our trading negotiations.

So glad no one on here is doing our list management. Give it up on the Riccardi talk he’s at GWS and Sier is not even a 3 round trade.
We’ll get in two players in the ND we know who they are. Possibly get some draft pick for either Cox or Lynch depending on who they decide to keep. Levi will retire due to injury and maybe a couple other departures looking to go elsewhere or simply time is up. (JT)
I’m guessing we’ll leave open spots like this year as our ND hand is very poor. Use the Rookie or MSD and then load up for some high picks in 2022.

Obviously this is all dependent on who the new coach is and their thoughts on certain players. Still we don’t have a great position this year so maybe it’ll take a bit of time and we’ll have to deal with some of our spud players for a little longer.

I think people forget that just because we're not going to have a live pick doesn't mean we have a poor hand or are in a bad position to rebuild. We're getting the number pick in N Daicos who seems to be daylight ahead of the next best player.

I mean in most years we would be happy to trade our first, second and third rounder to get the number 1 pick in the draft. Even last year I'm sure we would've happily traded our first 3 picks to have had access to a Riley Thilthorpe/Logan McDonald.

We're going to be bringing in the top young talent in N Daicos, a list need in Dib as a small crumbing forward plus our first this year already gave us Poulter who's speeding up our rebuild and McMahon as a KPF with an extra years development.

We got in our big pool of 1st/2nd round draftees last year with 5 top 31 picks plus McCreery. They'll form the foundations of the rebuild. We now just need to focus on bringing in a few elite talents which we will this year with Daicos, next year with a top 5 pick plus hopefully an elite free agent in 2022/2023.

Thought I'd dig this up whiskeytown. Don't think we even need to wait till trade period for this to be settled. He'll most likely be dropped for Ben Brown/Melksham and struggle to get back in for the rest of the year.

Not having a go and was a good debate. But we should never give up a first/second rounder for VFL form. They might make good moneyball trades with a pick downgrade in the 3rd round like Darcy Cameron, but first and second round picks should be reserved for best 22 players with proven AFL form. Same goes for Riccardi. Overrated on this board given he's a fringe player at GWS and only worth a gamble if we don't have to give up anything worthwhile for him.

I'm glad we have Graham Wright now to tighten up our trading negotiations.

Yeah after his last month or two of AFL, I’ll concede on Weideman. Just not doing enough at senior level. Doesn’t get involved in the game.

At present I wouldn’t hand over an early 3rd for him

I wanted a ready made player because the thought of waiting till the end of 2022 to land a top 10 KPF talent... and then wait potentially years for them to develop... is an excruciatingly long time to wait for a decent full forward ☹️

So playing 1 good quarter then going missing for 3 quarters isn't a poor game for you? Interesting
I didn’t say it wasn’t. Stop avoiding the question. Where are the ‘bunch of poor games’ you were referring to? There seems to be only 1. Or can you admit that maybe you were spreading mayo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back