List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Josh Thomas could be heading off to Essendon.

Hope So

Talent is talent and Lukosius is a big fish talent.

You preach about list composition and structure and yet you think Port paying up to recruit Lukosious when they already have Aliir is a good idea?

Wasted talent is wasted talent - when you already have a recent recruit on good money doing an excellent job in a role making a move to bring in another player whose best fit is in that same exact role (instead of improving your list elsewhere) isn't smart at all.

The cracks are certainly starting to show in your "expertise" - maybe just stick to posting in fantasy football forums from now on eyy?

Marchbank wont be a top-six anything until 2023 at the earliest if, that is, he doesn't get injured again. Bloke is a dead set injury magnet and very high risk because of it. He's also only 193cm and is not and never has been a shutdown KPD like Roughead is.

The ideal complement for Moore is another shutdown KPD with size who can man up on any forward in the competition so that he (Moore) can drift off his man and play that intercept marking role.

Your lack of attention to crucial details when coming up with these "ideas" of yours is astounding really.

Correct. I don’t consider Marchbank as a lockdown defender and at 193cm I don’t think he has the height or size (like a shorter Steven May does) to replace Roughead.

Forget about him being an upgrade on Madgen. Madgen is not best 22 when all of Roughead, Moore and Howe are fit and available.

I agree we need someone to take over from Roughead but it’s not Marchbank. He’d be that third tall type a la Howe.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Currently - not enough points for Daicos
Mayne Greenwood Tohill Retired/Delisted
Sier Cox Lynch ?, likely gone for Daicos points perhaps Thomas too
Lipinski Stephens Kreuger all require a trade or to be walked to PSD

Projection - we will secure Daicos with a combination of pick trades and minimal points from departed players
One of Lipinski or Kreuger is walked to the PSD (we don't have the draft capital or salary for all 3)
Trade future 3rd for the other
Draft Daicos and Dib
DFA Schlensog and Stengle

Result - 2 Midfielders, 2 small fwd, 2 KPP

Last season we brought in 10 players, Aish Johnson is 22 ,the rest 19 or under . add Daics and Dib
Lipinski, Kreuger, Schlensog and Stengle fit the right age bracket and list needs
I think it's an either/or with Lippa/Stephens and with Sier likely gone I think Lippa replaces him and in order to get Stephens we would probably need to shed Rantall. For me thats an upgrade but cant see how we could swing it
Ash Johnson will be 24 in three weeks time

Josh Thomas and Essendon seems like a match made in heaven.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watching the finalists this year, we need to fix our midfield well before our forward line. Geel testament to this with Hawkins and Cameron doing nothing due in part to supply. Fix our midfield first and win the ball, improve our 18th for inside 50’s then we can worry about a Decent KPF. Games are won and lost in the mid.

Watching the finalists this year, we need to fix our midfield well before our forward line. Geel testament to this with Hawkins and Cameron doing nothing due in part to supply. Fix our midfield first and win the ball, improve our 18th for inside 50’s then we can worry about a Decent KPF. Games are won and lost in the mid.
Yet our midfield first strategy failed

Yet our midfield first strategy failed
Our midfield first strategy failed for other reasons. If we'd had any luck with injury in 2018 we would have flagged off the back of an awesome midfield, and two of our gun midfield recruits (Treloar and Adams) were often hurt. That's before approaching the Beams minefield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the trade desk, they basically said Lippa will be a pie, Nothing more than a 3rd rounder. Stephens would be the tougher one, unless we can get him in the PSD.

Where is the Trade Desk

Our forward line has been neglected for such a long time. It is about time, it is given some proper love.

The inside 50's is more about structure and ball movement. The look sideways first mentality needs to stop.

Where is the Trade Desk
The Bulldogs have got no real leverage over Lippa. He walks. He walks easily and we give them a third which they use for Darcy.

Sydney have that "we drafted him five" leverage but if Stephens likes Collingwood and we offer them some incentive (who knows what), then maybe, just maybe, we get him. Stephens knows he's walking into a fresh program, with new coaches and not a lot of pressure. In America, Collingwood would be a relocated team which is in a new city after a bad year. They've got hope, fans and more but everything's new and that newness is either a pull or a push factor.

Can't say I'm a fan of Marchbank yet. I think ACL injuries are risky. We've had issues with them in the past and I'd rather take a punt on a player with less of a history. He is a good footballer, there is no doubt about that, but whether he is the right choice for our needs, given his health history, remains to be seen.

Not having a go at you but given our potential cap and let’s say not a draft, who would you gun for?

Fair point.

For me one of our best quarters was the first quarter v WCE. That is when Moore was forward and Grundy also spent time in the forward line. You then have Checkers and Cameron as other tall options. That was the first time we actually gave Jeremy McGovern something to think about. It is much easier to find key defenders than key forwards.

Now, i know that will not happen as Leppa has said he wants Moore in defence blah blah blah

So my back up option and i have floated this before and i know i am in the minority would involve moving on Grundy and trying to secure Ben King or Logan McDonald.

We need to start being seen as a destination club for top end young talent. Given McDonald was a Collingwood supporter growing up, I would hope we have at least had dialogue with him and present to him our blue print for the future. Sell him the dream. That is one thing Hawthorn and Clarkson were exceptional at.

I agree. The only way we should be bringing in a quality KPF should be through next year’s draft. Then he has time to develop along with a midfield that is gaining experience. No point wasting capital on mature KPFs if they spend next few years just watching the midfield battle.

If their is a King type available in next year’s draft you grab them with both hands. If not, best mid available with first pick.

Having said that, if a King was out of contract and looking to move back to Melbourne next year you would have to strike when the opportunity presents. May not come again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back