List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the suggestion is laughable, but the idea probably isn’t as bad as it sounds. For some reason players just want to head back there.

As someone who’s spent plenty of time in Geelong for work (thankfully no more) I don’t get it. Must be something in the water down there growing up and definitely not the life time supply of wood from mitre 10 and a couple of Ford Rangers.
The under the counter stuff down there has been happening for 40 years at least

Haha! I was just reading through their trade thread on their board after a cats fan rang up SEN today and said Geelong should send 30, 32, 34 to Collingwood for O. Henry

Love it! Geelong should do a lot of things this off-season like bringing in Jack Steele, Sean Darcy and Harris Andrews, but whether the other club agrees is probably the sticking point. It might be best to treat it like Green for pick 24.

I have seen glimpses that suggest to me he deserves at least another year of consistent training and a chance to settle into a position.

I do agree he deserves 2022 because he does have some redeeming traits as a defender, but I’ve seen the light on what Apex was preaching early in 2021 and I’m standing strong that it’ll be a wasted year in attack and the end for him if that’s how it plays out.

Haha! I was just reading through their trade thread on their board after a cats fan rang up SEN today and said Geelong should send 30, 32, 34 to Collingwood for O. Henry

Wow fanciful. That cache of picks is the equivalent of pick 6 in draft points (even before a discount is applied). Way overs for a still unproven kid. In saying that I still wouldn't be keen on trading Henry. In the end he was the young player who excited me the most out of this years debut crop.

Love it! Geelong should do a lot of things this off-season like bringing in Jack Steele, Sean Darcy and Harris Andrews, but whether the other club agrees is probably the sticking point. It might be best to treat it like Green for pick 24.
All it takes is a two minute phone call apparently.

I do agree he deserves 2022 because he does have some redeeming traits as a defender, but I’ve seen the light on what Apex was preaching early in 2021 and I’m standing strong that it’ll be a wasted year in attack and the end for him if that’s how it plays out.

In typical Collingwood supporter preseason vibes I'm now giddy with excitement for next year. :)

Precisely we’re not in a good spot either so that feels like a good way of putting it. Results flipping is something I was pondering the other day (that Brisbane one feels like the real sliding doors result) and what the ramifications were for that trade last year…

Perhaps I erred with my earlier post as well because the thrust of it should have been our good injury run being played down. I’m almost certain it unfortunately won’t be repeated in 2022 and it concerns me that some on here consider 2021 a bad year on the injury front…
It was a bad year on the injury front because of the particular players that we lost long term. We started the year with a list that had had its depth cut away, and therefore reliant on all the good players being uninjured. Howe, Moore and Adams went out quickly and there was nothing behind them. Once the thin crust of top players was broken we were in big trouble. The injuries to the run of the mill players don't affect things much. The fact that there were not many of these is really not important.

Will's preference was expressed to the coaches during the final weeks of Buckley's reign. I have misgivings about Maynard's preference to play midfield too.
I reckon Leppitsch’s stance on Maynard will be the same as his stance on Moore.

Craig Kelly is literally one of the biggest lobbyists for Collingwood. Parents have a lot of pull these days and if they don't like it, they'll tell the coach. That's why so many guys move: they want to play mid and coach isn't giving it to them like they did when they were in juniors. Now, in this argument, Kelly was a defender but his son just isn't. I think people place him there because of his dad but that's not the vibes I get from Kelly. We drafted him as a defender, made him a forward, switched him back and now we've realised he was a forward all a long.
Never seen his dad played, I think people just place him as a defender because it’s easier to make it there and he’s shown barely anything up forward.

Hamish Hartlett anyone?

Wow fanciful. That cache of picks is the equivalent of pick 6 in draft points (even before a discount is applied). Way overs for a still unproven kid. In saying that I still wouldn't be keen on trading Henry. In the end he was the young player who excited me the most out of this years debut crop.

Sorry Crazy Tails, I don't agree with that draft points equivalent because even if it adds up to Pick 6 you don't get the 6th best talent you get the 30th, 32nd and 34th best talent.

30,32 and 34 would be unders for O. Henry for mine.

You reckon they’re suggesting it on their board if they think it’s overs? For me it’s a case of them doing the chasing so I’d only consider it for their 2022 1st + De Koning. Go suggest that as the price and see the reaction lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was listening to that aswell, The dude was a multiverse DCasey Buy low sell high type of guy, had no idea.

I was the guy who texted in to Dwayne and he read my msg out lol.

5E312BA7-4676-4AB2-B2A9-4A537917F1F3.jpeg

Collingwood midfielder Brayden Sier is on the hunt for a new home.
The man who starred in the 2018 Grand Final, but has since been hit by injuries, is unlikely to be offered a new contract by the Magpies.

But Sier, who is still only 23, is expected to generate interest over the next few weeks which could yet result in a lifeline at another club for next season.

Sier played 12 games in 2018 and shone in the premiership decider, gathering 21 possessions in the engine room.

But the man who was taken pick No. 32 from Northern Knights fell out of favour over the past two seasons under Nathan Buckley and Robert Harvey and is looking for a fresh start.

At his best, Sier is a tough-tackling hard nut who could bolster a team’s clearance work.

Collingwood midfielder Brayden Sier is on the hunt for a new home.
The man who starred in the 2018 Grand Final, but has since been hit by injuries, is unlikely to be offered a new contract by the Magpies.

But Sier, who is still only 23, is expected to generate interest over the next few weeks which could yet result in a lifeline at another club for next season.

Sier played 12 games in 2018 and shone in the premiership decider, gathering 21 possessions in the engine room.

But the man who was taken pick No. 32 from Northern Knights fell out of favour over the past two seasons under Nathan Buckley and Robert Harvey and is looking for a fresh start.

At his best, Sier is a tough-tackling hard nut who could bolster a team’s clearance work.

I can just see him stepping into Josh Kennedy's role in Sydney and killing it with the right mindset. :( 🤦‍♂️

Swans have delisted Sam Gray, Matthew Ling Kaiden Brand and another, Malachy Curruthers.

I read this a lot. Is it from things you've seen or just where he played when he was 18?

The brief snippets i've seen of him, I don't think he's a natural anything yet. Although I have seen a couple of launches at packs which make me think he might be suited to forward.
I watch him a lot before drafted, nothing l saw screamed forward, then moved back and what a change, totally different player. That’s why he got drafted because of his play as a chb
Seen nothing yet when played forward at afl that that’s his correct position.
Hope he proves me wrong

The key with Sier has always been his mindset. The club almost got rid of him a few years back, to his credit he went overseas, did a heap of kickboxing training etc, gained heaps of flexibility and overall fitness.

But it was short lived, and eventually he went back to just coasting along.

A fresh start is needed imo. He could definitely be a useful inside mid at senior level. He’ll either understand he’s on his last chance and thrive, or not.

Sorry Crazy Tails, I don't agree with that draft points equivalent because even if it adds up to Pick 6 you don't get the 6th best talent you get the 30th, 32nd and 34th best talent.

30,32 and 34 would be unders for O. Henry for mine.

No need to apologise. I always revert to the points equivalent when trying to work out the value of the trade. Especially when we need points for FS and NGA matching. I agree with your point though. I wouldn’t be doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back