List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's going to be a long re-build, as we are starting from so far behind - we need to target recruiting on every area of the ground, because our group that are 20-24 are comfortably the worst in the league. People are talking about a 4 year re-build, but in four years time, that group where we are a long way behind the pack, will be the dominant age group in the league.

Midfielders yes, small forwards in McReery and Ginnivan yes... but I struggle to see more than one of Murphy, Wilson, W Kelly, Keane as part of any dominant defence

Lipinski's gone quiet in the rumour mill. I think if there was a player we could walk to the draft, it's him and we'd have reason to after Treloar.

In: N. Daicos, Y. Dib, N Kreuger and P. Lipinski
Out: A. Tohill, L. Greenwood, C. Mayne and M. Lynch.

Cox and Thomas may also find new homes. Interest has to be there otherwise I'd just re-sign them.

Lipinski's gone quiet in the rumour mill. I think if there was a player we could walk to the draft, it's him and we'd have reason to after Treloar.

Cox and Thomas may also find new homes. Interest has to be there otherwise I'd just re-sign them.

I think it's gone quiet because the Talk it's a Done Deal and he is not Exactly a Big Name

I'd assume around end of October. Usually a week or two after the trade period.
Lore posted this elsewhere:

AFL TRADE, DRAFT AND FREE AGENCY DATES 2021

Grand Final

Saturday September 25 (we hope!)

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

Draft Combine (Metro, Regional & State)
tbc (possibly October 9 & 10)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

National Draft
Wednesday November 24 (Round 1)
Thursday November 25 (Round 2 through to conclusion)

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Friday November 26

Final List Lodgement
tbc (Mid-December)

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
tbc

Probably because its as good as done at this point. Should be done early once the trade period opens up. I think we'll try to avoid PSD if you can, dont need relationships even more fractured than they might be. But if dogs get stubborn, then its a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why I was open to J Kelly from the crows as a F/A.

Madgen, Ruscoe, Murphy, W Kelly, Wilson, Keane...

I can see Madgen playing near 100 games by default. Ruscoe looks positive... but the rest really could all easily be failures and not on the list by the end of 2023

We could do with some proven mature body defenders or we fall into a hole once Roughead and Howe go

It’s the reason why I had zero interest in Kelly. We need quality and there’s no point wasting time and cap space on a guy who’s peak is 6/10 when we need to chop a bunch of 3-4/10 types. The positive for me is that these guys can be found at any pick you just need to focus on the right traits. The problem with all three of our guys is they’re slow and average to poor overhead.

Edit: you’re more likely to get near 100 games than Madgen. He’s 29 on ANZAC day next year and would need to play almost three full seasons to get to 100. Considering he should be delisted this year there’s no chance.

Last edited:

If the club is going to be brutally honest about the list, there will be at least 8 outs.

Nobody actually knows outside of those within GC and Essendon. It’s pointless to throw out numbers here, everyone is just guessing.

Does not change the fact GC are paying a significant portion of his salary. That is fact. We would not have been paying him much at all. That’s the realisation, it’s not suiting any narrative.

If the club is going to be brutally honest about the list, there will be at least 8 outs.

Doubt this Season but with next season with over Half the List out of Contract we could see a Big Cull

Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs already have history over the Adam Treloar trade – and who was paying his contract in 2021 – and now might be in for Round 2 over what Patrick Lipinski is worth at the draft table.

The Dogs will point to the three-year deal they put in front of the inside midfielder as proof of how much they wanted him at the club.

The Pies will point to the fact he has hardly been in the Dogs extended squad – let alone in the AFL side – for the second half of the year.

Both clubs will use all of their draft points this year on father-son prospects, so would a swap of future picks get it done?

Or a third-rounder next year?

I can handle minimal cuts this year because McRae might want to come in and see what he can do with the existing list. I don't think he'll be able to do too much because I don't rate a lot of the stock but I'd back him backing himself.

Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs already have history over the Adam Treloar trade – and who was paying his contract in 2021 – and now might be in for Round 2 over what Patrick Lipinski is worth at the draft table.

The Dogs will point to the three-year deal they put in front of the inside midfielder as proof of how much they wanted him at the club.

The Pies will point to the fact he has hardly been in the Dogs extended squad – let alone in the AFL side – for the second half of the year.

Both clubs will use all of their draft points this year on father-son prospects, so would a swap of future picks get it done?

Or a third-rounder next year?

Or no pick at all and he walks to the PSD. Hun sports writers are seriously stupid with their persistent anti-Collingwood bias(es) just trying to get clicks.

This is why I was open to J Kelly from the crows as a F/A.

Madgen, Ruscoe, Murphy, W Kelly, Wilson, Keane...

I can see Madgen playing near 100 games by default. Ruscoe looks positive... but the rest really could all easily be failures and not on the list by the end of 2023

We could do with some proven mature body defenders or we fall into a hole once Roughead and Howe go
🤣🤣 if a 29 year old madgen plays another 60 afl games then we really are in absolutely putrid state. Madgen should never play again. Awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back