List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Any talk of splitting pick 1 must now rest purely on North changing their minds on picks 2 and 3.
We've knocked back Hawks pick 4 + 2024 (likely) 4-6 + Brockman for pick 1.
That leaves nobody but North holding a hand to make a bigger offer.
And if North have ruled out picks 2 + 3, then it game over. Might as well call out Harley's name now.

Any talk of splitting pick 1 must now rest purely on North changing their minds on picks 2 and 3.
We've knocked back Hawks pick 4 + 2024 (likely) 4-6 + Brockman for pick 1.
That leaves nobody but North holding a hand to make a bigger offer.
And if North have ruled out picks 2 + 3, then it game over. Might as well call out Harley's name now.
It's next yrs to come back into this draft with top picks. Only logical option. Many have talked about this.

Someone list top 15 picks next yr with Father Sons & GC Academy picks etc so people can bloody understand and see it.

Hopefully, we have a plan for carrying some picks for gc. I don't think they have enough list places to take all their points carrying picks.

Something like. Carrying 2 or 3 picks for a 3rd rounder for our troubles.

So carry 2 or 3 of their picks and trade happens just after the drafts starts. Hopefully build some 'no bid on pick 1' cost in there too...

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Correct, but would have been a good idea to do that wouldn’t it.
I believe you should have tried (no idea if WC tried or not), and you had the points to possibly get up to 27 before the Brockman trade.

However, it would have to have been a live trade on the night.

WC should have walked Brockman through the PSD.

Geelong used to have a similar trade reputation as WC & BRIS, we just get trades done.

Now you can see Geelong are pr!cks at the trade table.

Even Gold Coast look to be competent now.

In the new age of shorter, shallower drafts, picks hold a higher value (forever the draft points index).

We experienced that in a trade of one of our own players. We wanted a future third round pick (points for Ashcroft), but Melbourne would only trade us a pick they didn’t intend to use in the draft this year.

Unless they are already WA based, I find it highly unlikely the club is so ruthless it'd randomly interfere with a player getting to his nominated club/state via the PSD just because they can.

Esava: Oh no, a trade didn't get made, oh well I can still get myself to Adelaide through Port in the PSD.

WCE: Nope, you're coming to Perth.

Anyone realistically think that would ever happen? And expect the player to rock up randomly in the state (WA) he didn't want to go and give 100% to the club that just interfered? Seriously?

Copium. Lots of it.
For the life of me I can't remember who it was but I'm pretty sure Carlton did this once. Maybe with a player from SA?

That just leaves Liam Henry then.
Let's * those Muppets up for sticking their noses in again!!!

Putting 2+2 together.

West Coast’s decision to use two late draft picks to trade for Hawthorn small forward Tyler Brockman poses an intriguing question. What else are they up to?

Which means splitting picks must be high on West Coast’s agenda.

Then there’s pick 23. It’s the first pick of the second round and it routinely gets traded during the draft. With the draft being held over two nights, clubs get the opportunity to assess what’s left over after the first round and target a player that has slid. Pick 23 is extremely valuable as the first selection of night two.

The Eagles could have used the number one pick in the pre-season draft to secure Brockman but chose to trade for him. That prevented Fremantle from having another crack with an improved contract and ensured Brockman didn’t have to wait until November 22 to become an Eagle.

But trading away selections when the club needs more early picks is a sign they are planning to increase their stocks in other ways. They’re going to be busy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what a load of crap the vax and fake dlu was anyway.

Mysteriously disappeared. Vanished. Miracle.

:eyes:

Awkward Bye Bye GIF

I'm outta here

I believe you should have tried (no idea if WC tried or not), and you had the points to possibly get up to 27 before the Brockman trade.

However, it would have to have been a live trade on the night.

WC should have walked Brockman through the PSD.

Geelong used to have a similar trade reputation as WC & BRIS, we just get trades done.

Now you can see Geelong are pr!cks at the trade table.

Even Gold Coast look to be competent now.

In the new age of shorter, shallower drafts, picks hold a higher value (forever the draft points index).

We experienced that in a trade of one of our own players. We wanted a future third round pick (points for Ashcroft), but Melbourne would only trade us a pick they didn’t intend to use in the draft this year.
I can't believe they didn't walk Brockman to PSD. Every other club would do the same to us if the roles were reversed. The refusal to even entertain the idea of trading out older players is another example. The people running the club just don't get it and are living in a fairytale. It seems to me that every employee of the club has bought into a belief system or framing of the world whereby there is some reverse gravitational pull in effect that will magically pull us back to the top of the ladder regardless of whatever happens and whatever decisions and actions are taken or not taken by the club. So the hard decisions and trade off's and scrapping and fighting and clawing for every bit of advantage or improvement that other club's engage in just isn't necessary for us. We can skip it. We can shirk all of that and just wait for the reverse gravitational pull to do it's work for us.

The evidence of the club's demise into mediocrity and their failure as a management and coaching group are all around and everywhere and undeniable. Yet none of them show any signs in their words, demeanour or decisions of having cognitively processed any of it. There is a definately a belief system operating within the club that we are the exception to every rule. Evidence to the contrary doesn't matter and isn't visible to their eyes no matter how obvious and visible it is to the rest of the world.

We’re not interested in revisiting the hot topic of 2020/21 early 22 thanks.

Please stick to spewing about about losing pick 63 and ripping into ROB

👌🏽

In the last decade, there’s been one player walked to the PSD instead of being traded across the league - Jack Martin to Carlton in 2019. Didn’t look further back than that

But yeah every other club would have gone to the PSD if it was us with Brockman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back