List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

With Dockers hopeless tactics in the Brockman trade id like to see us talk to Liam Henry and say "Hey if they wont trade you to St Kilda we have a spot for you with pick 1 in the PSD. Would fit our best 22 well on a wing
Maybe that's our next move? We do keep our cards close to our chest?

FB: Cole, Barass, Hough
HB: Hunt, McGovern, Yeo
C: Sheed, Kelly, Duggan
HF: Reid, Darling, Cripps
FF: Ryan, Allen, Long
R: Flynn, Ginbey, Hewett
I/C: B.Williams, J.Jones, Brockman, Gaff

I know no one wants Gaff in 22 but being realistic. Yeo can still have bursts in the midfield but primarily HB. Duggan/Hunt to play wing depending on who and what

Would like to see Burgiel push into that 22 sooner rather then later from the younger players and whoever our 23 is to be ready to go or thereabouts also

Unless Gaff has a monster preseason I’d prefer to see either Petruccelle or Chesser in the 22 at his expense - one team selection rule for 2024 should be only Gaff or Sheed, never both

Waterman, Maric, Luke Edwards, Witherden, Jack Williams, Bazzo and Culley not in that 22 bodes well in terms of competition for spots at least if we have a full, or near full, list to choose from

Lot, pot kettle. Melting we have a pick in the 60s :rolleyes:

I’m super happy keeping our PSD pick live should a surprise selection make their way
If you think the additional pick in the 60s was the problem there’s no point having a discussion. Do agree that it’s better to have the PSD pick available, but not by forgoing trading up.

The trade for Brockman is fine.

Pick 44 was the expected deal and it pretty much is that.

The pick 63 was unlikely to be used by West Coast and the Hawks will need those additional points if F/S W.McCabe is bid on within the first round, which is looking increasingly likely.

Wouldn't be surprised once W.McCabe is matched if we were to see a deal with a future lower pick coming back our way to return the favour.

A 3rd rounder in the shallowest draft in recent times for a player aged under 21 that will improve the best 22.

Not much to complain really about that.
Brockman certainly doesn't get a game in front of cripps and Ryan if fit.

Is he ahead of long ?

The trade for Brockman is fine.

Pick 44 was the expected deal and it pretty much is that.

The pick 63 was unlikely to be used by West Coast and the Hawks will need those additional points if F/S W.McCabe is bid on within the first round, which is looking increasingly likely.

Wouldn't be surprised once W.McCabe is matched if we were to see a deal with a future lower pick coming back our way to return the favour.

A 3rd rounder in the shallowest draft in recent times for a player aged under 21 that will improve the best 22.

Not much to complain really about that.
Hawks also have Dear as FS prospect

If you think the additional pick in the 60s was the problem there’s no point having a discussion. Do agree that it’s better to have the PSD pick available, but not by forgoing trading up.

The other clubs who have traded up have paid up far more than what we have to offer

If you don’t think we asked the question, you’re not giving our recruiting apartment enough credit

Unless Gaff has a monster preseason I’d prefer to see either Petruccelle or Chesser in the 22 at his expense - one team selection rule for 2024 should be only Gaff or Sheed, never both

Waterman, Maric, Luke Edwards, Witherden, Jack Williams, Bazzo and Culley not in that 22 bodes well in terms of competition for spots at least if we have a full, or near full, list to choose from
Most definitely! I see them as witches hats that instruct, guide and point...

Good info. Don't think it moves the dial too much for us.
Interested in your opinion on the Brockman trade?
I know you're here for our rebuild phase as rebuilding clubs are an interest for you.
Genuine question. :thumbsu:
Haven’t watched Hawks at all to have an opinion of Brockman.

My current interest is in, if you trade 1 for a combination of picks.

Or try and trade a future second round pick for an early 20’s pick this year.

I don’t believe you’ll have enough points in your late picks to trade up for one of GC’s second round picks in the 20’s.

I don’t believe you’ll have enough points in your late picks to trade up for one of GC’s second round picks in the 20’s.
As per this eaglevision

You’re not getting a pic in the 20s with our 3 picks

As I said, you’re being overly dramatic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct, but would have been a good idea to do that wouldn’t it.

Let's do an honest assesment of the rising WA players.

Thoslup triggers me. He has a 60 % of being a bust. He can't accumulate possesion in wafl league if his life depended on it.

At best he is a failed mid that will need to play HBF or Hff.

Collard/zz will not be playing at all next year. They shone in wafl Colts which is is toddler league... But Collard could play since small forwards can easily slot in. But really we are chasing capitol for a small ******* forward? Jesus Christ how many of those do we ******* need. Zz is a project player nothing wrong with that.

One of zz/Collard should side to 23 which is all we need. If we are sooo desperate for dub a

Tdlr: no moving capitol to secure extra WA players

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back