List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon you're putting all loyalty expectations on the player and none on the club. If it's true that the club were offering Lonie 3 years, but wouldn't shift to three years for Langdon - it's pretty disloyal from the club's perspective IMO.

On Lonie, spoke to my bloke today. He said 2 or 3 years, his mate is o/s enjoying the typical end of footy season shenanigans so no more info

By the way who ran the AFL Giants list in recent times....

SOS? The Keane Reeves of football?

G Allan?

Looks like the proverbial cluster...

David Mathews.........shock horror appointed by the AFL.

He is definitely sitting at the round table during the year.

Agreed he is given a list and it is his job to start at the top and get the job done.
Sitting at the table to make decisions or receive instructions? If we've employed a relative AFL outsider to be primarily responsible to evaluate players and decide on who is going to lead us to a flag, we're nuts.

If we could get Beams I would consider putting Thomas in a trade with our first for May

OUT - Langdon, Thomas 18/19 1st round picks
IN - Beams, May, 2nd round pick

I would hate to lose Thomas but Beams is an instand upgrade.

What changed your view on Beams? A day ago he was a cancerous flog and mercenary and now you seem quite open to bringing him in.

Sitting at the table to make decisions or receive instructions? If we've employed a relative AFL outsider to be primarily responsible to evaluate players and decide on who is going to lead us to a flag, we're nuts.

I would say receive instructions primarily.........Hine, Bucks & Walsh would be the decision makers.

We could literally solve all of GWS' problems by just taking Greene or Cameron off their list.

Also interesting that Montagna of all people is so sure we'll get Beams.

Where was this said I missed that

Could have had him for nothing as a FA, now we'd have to trade for him.
Trade a nothing pick v FA causing fasolo comp to be gone...

If Patton can be had cheap. He'd be a terrific get.

131 marks (36 contested) and 38 goals from 23 games in 2016 and 142 marks (44 contested) and 45 goals in 2017 from 22 games.

Those are strong numbers for a key forward. He's a presence who can take a grab and even with all the injuries can still move.

If he doesn't cost a first round pick. I'd be all over him if he can fit into the salary cap and not completely limit all potential for other moves this year/next year.

Salary dump of Patton for a third round pick? Next years second? They're moves I'd agree to.

Only the two more years on the deal so you wouldn't be married to that contract long term. You'd think he's not ready for the first half of the season, but could be worked in over the second half. A pretty handy type to have alongside Cox as a second, further contested marking force.

I'd include the rest of the footy department - assistant coaches and fitness staff.

In the process of picking targets? That would be a no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

131 marks (36 contested) and 38 goals from 23 games in 2016 and 142 marks (44 contested) and 45 goals in 2017 from 22 games.

Those are strong numbers for a key forward. He's a presence who can take a grab and even with all the injuries can still move.

If he doesn't cost a first round pick. I'd be all over him if he can fit into the salary cap and not completely limit all potential for other moves this year/next year.

Salary dump of Patton for a third round pick? Next years second? They're moves I'd agree to.

Only the two more years on the deal so you wouldn't be married to that contract long term. You'd think he's not ready for the first half of the season, but could be worked in over the second half. A pretty handy type to have alongside Cox as a second, further contested marking force.

You don’t think the risk is too big Knighter?

Because he’s on significant coin, same as Hannebery.
Hannebery was on $800k at the Swans with a back-ended contract hence why he went so cheaply. Scully is on just over $500k (took over a 50% pay cut) to stay with the team as believed they would have won a flag between 2016-18, as did GWS hence why so many back-ended contracts. It is easier to move players on at $400k-$550k than much higher due to every team having salary cap constraints. Teams focusing on players earning more would have done a hell of a lot of work (ala Lynch) to get them across.

I've got no idea, just making assumptions, but assistant coaches not being part of the discussion?

It would be all the recruiting team.....Guy......Bucks and Walsh......maybe Pert as a consultant :p

What do you get out of him next year do you think ?

Not for me. The only player type I'd be looking to add to our best 22 forward line is a front and centre crumbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back