List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good guys. Maybe you’ll be proven right and North will trade an All Aust squad 3 years running KPF for a crap pick despite no salary cap pressure and Brown wanting to stay at north.

Maybe his knee really is stuffed.

We won’t have to wait too long to find out.

We were saying the same thing about Cloke.

Have you read this?

Willing to entertain a trade

Mutually beneficial

This statement was emailed out to members due to the angst it would cause. You think those members would accept pick 30 for him?

You guys have rejected his contract and told him to go find another club. I think your bargaining power is somewhat diminished. You can't have your cake and eat it too...

“On the scans there actually wasn’t a whole lot there after that injury but the inflammation and swelling in the knee is the thing that’s hung around.

“The swelling’s probably the thing that told us there is maybe something, whether it’s a little flap of cartilage that keeps annoying my knee whenever I try to run, which doesn’t take much to clean up in a surgery room, but it’s something that’s kept me pretty low [volume] in terms of my running.

“Overall I’m disappointed that I’m not going to be able to get back and play this year and help the guys hopefully get a couple of wins but I think we’ve made the right call.”

Brown said after a couple of unsuccessful attempts to build on his running, the decision to opt for surgery reduces the risk of a secondary injury.

This article, unless there is something more recent which provides more information, should scare the living s**t out of anyone looking to recruit Brown, especially for a high pick, big money or a long contract.

People in this thread are getting bogged down in the impact of surgery, saying Brown hasn’t had serious ligament damage, that he hasn’t been quoted as being bone-on-bone, etc. They point out that an arthroscope is a relatively minor procedure...

... and they’re right, it is. WHEN YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR. Brown in the above article is saying his knee is inflamed and swollen and he can’t run. His scans are clear enough so HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT IS WRONG. They are performing an arthroscope looking for a problem! And if they trim some cartilage, find a minor tear or a flap (because keep in mind, there supposedly wasn’t anything on imaging) it may not have any effect on his symptoms whatsoever.

Brown should be treated as though he is Tom Langdon but without the black and white jumper, until proven otherwise. You want to trade a first for him? Give him a four-year deal? Better do your due diligence, or it could end VERY badly.

Why has any discussion of Wright evaporated - has there been any development that suggests he is now unattainable as an alternative to BB.

Of those who’ve watched Freo - has Hogan done anything to suggest he’s worth considering ( if we were satisfied off field issues are firmly in the past)?

And there’s always McCarthy at a rock bottom try before you buy option. As others have said let him do a preseason and let’s see what he’s got.

This article, unless there is something more recent which provides more information, should scare the living sh*t out of anyone looking to recruit Brown, especially for a high pick, big money or a long contract.

People in this thread are getting bogged down in the impact of surgery, saying Brown hasn’t had serious ligament damage, that he hasn’t been quoted as being bone-on-bone, etc. They point out that an arthroscope is a relatively minor procedure...

... and they’re right, it is. WHEN YOU ALREADY KNOW WHAT YOU’RE LOOKING FOR. Brown in the above article is saying his knee is inflamed and swollen and he can’t run. His scans are clear enough so HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT IS WRONG. They are performing an arthroscope looking for a problem! And if they trim some cartilage, find a minor tear or a flap (because keep in mind, there supposedly wasn’t anything on imaging) it may not have any effect on his symptoms whatsoever.

Brown should be treated as though he is Tom Langdon but without the black and white jumper, until proven otherwise. You want to trade a first for him? Give him a four-year deal? Better do your due diligence, or it could end VERY badly.
Nobody is saying trade brown without a medical

Why has any discussion of Wright evaporated - has there been any development that suggests he is now unattainable as an alternative to BB.

Of those who’ve watched Freo - has Hogan done anything to suggest he’s worth considering ( if we were satisfied off field issues are firmly in the past)?

And there’s always McCarthy at a rock bottom try before you buy option. As others have said let him do a preseason and let’s see what he’s got.
I’m still open to Wright but can’t see a forwardline with cox and Wright. Unsure of his salary though it’s reportedly high.

Hogan is on 700k next year, wouldn’t want to touch that. From what I’ve seen of him this year, just doesn’t seem great. I have doubts about his off field stuff. Buyer beware to me.

McCarthy at best would be rookie listed.

1st be most likely used for Reef.

We have Tigers 2nd Rounder this year

I think our 1st will be too high for Reef.

Personally, at our likely picks I like Callow as a key forward option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Sam Jacobs retiring and Mumford at the end, the Giants need a ruckman desperately. I’ve said this before but I can see a deal involving Mason Cox and Jezza Cameron that could work for both parties.

So I take it you're not going to answer MY question?

You're a humorous person Shawbs but you DO take poetic liscence.

I didn't say BB was anymore an injury liability than Daniher. I merely pointed out that he has worn protective knee strapping all of his career (something The Big Lewbowski has backed me up on). I also didn't say that BB's injury was "bone on bone" as apparently his manager has alluded to, but following previous knee surgery this diagnosis would not be uncommon.

I only suggested Daniher as "an outside smokey" to display my fear that the game has gone past players such as BB because he is NOT a contested marking forward. His coach Rhys Shaw summed it up this way in the Age article: "Shaw believes Brown's lead-up play is not suited to his preferred game style, which in many ways mirrors that of his former club Sydney – slower, considered ball movement that prioritises contested possession." At least Daniher has shown that he will contest, I cannot guarantee his fitness anymore than I can Ben Reid's but it emphasises the point. BB is not a contested marking forward.

So: "Whats going on at Camp Robroy?" Just the usual champ, surviving, making my boards and taking an interest in the mighty Pies.
There's no asylums anymore Shawbs, they closed them down because they were inhumane.

Answer what question, how will he go against team defences?

Kicked 5 vs the tigers last year, pretty good defence
Kicked 5 vs the cats last year, pretty good defence

I think our 1st will be too high for Reef.

Personally, at our likely picks I like Callow as a key forward option.

Agree 100%. I reckon this is the year to essentially grab two first round picks in Reef and another.

Given all the hype surrounding Daicos, I don’t think that’s a possibility next year.

Nobody is saying trade brown without a medical
Sure, but they’re minimising his arthroscope because they’re not giving it proper context.

If Tommy Langdon said “I keep trying to build up my running, but my knee seems to swell up and get inflamed, and I can’t ramp up my training. I’m going to have a scope and hunt around for a problem” would you be looking to give him a multi-year extension on serious money?

Last edited:
Apparently his manager said on a radio program that Brown had a bone-on-bone knee issue. That's more than a simple arthroscopy and is the cause of peoples concern. If that's true there has to be serious concerns about Brown recapturing his best footy, in a similar way that Langdon is struggling for us.

If that is true then whoever is Ben Brown's manager would have to be the club house leader for worst player agent ever.

Allow your client to turn down 3 years at 750k in search of a 4th year and then announce to all and sundry that your client has a degenerative knee injury which will only get worse over time? Wtf?

If both of those rumours are on the money then the mind just boggles...

This article, unless there is something more recent which provides more information, should scare the living sh*t out of anyone looking to recruit Brown, especially for a high pick, big money or a long contract.

Thank you. This is what I’ve been trying to say, but I’m not a physio, I just poorly regurgitate the info my friends give me who are.
Pay attention to this man, people who think that an arthroscope is not a big deal!!!

Honestly this is a need for us so I see it playing out like this.

Pies spend all our money on Moore and DeGoey trade out Phillips and don't get Brown.

Brisbane/Melbourne is my guess.

1st be most likely used for Reef.

We have Tigers 2nd Rounder this year
Dave, we aren’t going to just sit on our hands and let our first round pick be eaten by a Reef bid.

Thank you. This is what I’ve been trying to say, but I’m not a physio, I just poorly regurgitate the info my friends give me who are.
Pay attention to this man, people who think that an arthroscope is not a big deal!!!
Cheers!

An arthroscope is not a big deal if the problem is a minor tear, and you’re preventing it becoming a bigger tear, or causing catching or locking. It is a big deal if the problem is that you can’t run any more, your scans don’t shed any light on the issue, and you have to go in there looking for a potential cause for an impediment which, if left unresolved, ends your career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back