Hot Topic Trade/Free Agency Talk 2021 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you get leverage from that deal?

Most likely a pick that would assist us, but tbh we arent getting overs for him and he’s OOC. Leverage as in it can assist us in on trading that pick another deal, more of a holistic view to getting what we need into our club. Farang, what are your thoughts on Duggan and Rotham, I’d say that it’s cap space holding those two deals up?

Most likely a pick that would assist us, but tbh we arent getting overs for him and he’s OOC. Leverage as in it can assist us in on trading that pick another deal, more of a holistic view to getting what we need into our club. Farang, what are your thoughts on Duggan and Rotham, I’d say that it’s cap space holding those two deals up?
Duggan's just re-signed for 3 years

Not a good attitude.

If he was worth it Port wouldn't be eager for him to leave while they're in their window and have managed their cap perfectly.

On the flip side, Port have another ruck/forward in Hayes (I think) who’s a.ready had 2-3 seasons development, it might be a case of being able to capitalise on an asset they are well covered in.

A report a few days ago suggested Ladhams was told, his chances of playing number 1 ruck were slim.

Curious for some thoughts on Lochie O'Brian. Cerra in may make him surplus. What do you think you would be after for him?

Curious for some thoughts on Lochie O'Brian. Cerra in may make him surplus. What do you think you would be after for him?
With Newnes gone, there's still a spot for him if he's prepared to put in the work. Cerra would play inside/outside like Walsh so there is still value in at least one x pure offensive winger on the list.

Would love some input as to why Cerra would be worth more than just a straight swap for pick 6? He's OOC, playing pretty solidly and at an expected level for the pick ie. not at a level like Walsh, Smith etc, but would think his floor is above average at a minimum.
Curious as to what the previous trade history is for any singular picks in the top 10 - are there any examples?

Last edited:
Would love some input as to why Cerra would be worth more than just a straight swap for pick 6? He's OOC, playing pretty solidly and at an expected level for the pick ie. not at a level like Walsh, Smith etc, but would think his floor is above average at a minimum.
Pick is still speculation, he has demonstrated his ability, improved every year, been durable and projects to be a good to very good player for another 8-10 years.

Would you take Cerra over SPS and Cuningham? That's the risk/reward

Argument for higher pick: Cerra was taken at pick 5, achieved consistent high finishes in Freo B&F, so proven high performer, and with our pick probably floating out to 8, a sweetner should be added

Argument against (and even for splitting our pick): he's OOC, and wants to come to Vic, and we are probably only suitor who can offer a higher pick (sounds like Melbourne may be interested, but won't have picks).

Scenario I see playing out: Freo will ask for 6 and our future 1st, we'll tell them they're dreaming and might even try lowballing, and we'll end up giving 6 plus either what we get for SPS, or a pick swap of maybe our future 2nd for Freo future 3rd...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, an ITK posted that Newnes, Parks and Boyd were delisted.
Silly me assuming that these things come to fruition. Maybe b/c it was so believable. Expecting some more list calls to be made next week after Vossy has a chance to sit down with Lloyd, Austin and maybe even Power/O'Keefe.

Pick is still speculation, he has demonstrated his ability, improved every year, been durable and projects to be a good to very good player for another 8-10 years.

Would you take Cerra over SPS and Cuningham? That's the risk/reward
People saying late 2nd, or 3rd round pick for SPS. Cunners might be worth slightly more.
If Cerra is worth 6 + more, who would be a straight swap for pick 6?

Argument for higher pick: Cerra was taken at pick 5, achieved consistent high finishes in Freo B&F, so proven high performer, and with our pick probably floating out to 8, a sweetner should be added

Argument against (and even for splitting our pick): he's OOC, and wants to come to Vic, and we are probably only suitor who can offer a higher pick (sounds like Melbourne may be interested, but won't have picks).

Scenario I see playing out: Freo will ask for 6 and our future 1st, we'll tell them they're dreaming and might even try lowballing, and we'll end up giving 6 plus either what we get for SPS, or a pick swap of maybe our future 2nd for Freo future 3rd...
2 firsts for Cerra? Freo could not possibly ask for that and keep a straight face.

Let’s wait for the nominated club advice and further as Adam becomes OOC, I think it’s end October ? not certain , the fun and games begin then.
Reckon p6 should just about get it settled. Freo will grumble they would expect a sweetener too, however in these times of a pandemic, a youngster wanting to return to home state for more family support is a very compelling position.

With WA league going strong this year I wonder if Eagles would trade Bailey Williams and pick 9 for pick 6.
Putting them closer to the pointy end in the draft enhancing their chances of securing the player (home grown talent)they are eyeing.

If Cerra nominates us we can still use 9 in the trade.

With WA league going strong this year I wonder if Eagles would trade Bailey Williams and pick 9 for pick 6.
Putting them closer to the pointy end in the draft enhancing their chances of securing the player (home grown talent)they are eyeing.

If Cerra nominates us we can still use 9 in the trade.
Wouldn't mind that if we could pick up ladhams for a 2nd rounder,
No idea what Williams contract length is though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back