List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With list reductions we are going to have to delist or trade out half a dozen players?
Go through the list. It's not easy.
I'd say Naish, one of Turner or English, maybe Egg.
Higgins out and maybe one of Broad or Markov (hope not on either of them).

Mate, you have to pay overs if you want to break someone's contract.
Some here think pick 15 isn't even enough.

15 should 100% be in the conversation, or their first next year.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
maybe they will give it to us for higgo for getting butler for free then

If we turn Higgins into Hogan in by the end of the trade period, it's a good result.

Gotta look at the big picture once the trade period is over.

Also true.

We discovered Chol is not up to this year, who knows about CCJ. Jack would be entering his final year.

A tall forward would be better than keeping a small forward if it's a choice. We will wait and see. Can't judge anything yet.

even if houli's injury isnt that bad surely we're not giving him longer than a 1 year deal.
sign markov for 3/4 years and youre laughing.
I doubt Houli will play 25 games next year.
Even 6 games for Markov would be better than 22 with the suns.Then 22 onwards Houli's spot is all his.

Incorrect. Stack did not fluke 3rd rising star.

Graham plays forward

Dow has bee. Spoken about there - granted I dunno how much potential he has bit sounds like the club rates him

Higgins is great but let's not go nuts.

I hear solid whisper mrj had some magically training sessions at the tac too back in the day...

First time back posting for a while, but I've been keeping tabs!

IMO Higgins' problem is that he isn't battling for one of the pure small forwards roles, he doesn't have the speed of Castagna/Rioli/Aarts etc, whose main job is just to pressure, kicks/goals are secondary. He is looking for one of those half forward/rotating mid roles, and unfortunately for him we are pretty bloody stacked there with Edwards/Lambert/Bolton. He's going to struggle to nail down a best 22 place with us.

The Fox Sports article I just read pretty much confirmed as much, saying neither Jack or the club were particularly looking for an exit, but that there is a mutual understanding that he will probably have much more opportunities elsewhere.

It's a bit of a sad one, but I think its a reasonable and understandable decision by Jack, and we have shown that we are not going to stand in people's way if they are looking for more opportunities.

As for what he is worth, a second rounder of some sort wouldn't be the worst result. I wouldn't mind exploring packaging up Higgins + 32 for 15. Reckon then with 15 + 19 we'd have opportunities in draft night with all the early acadamy picks to come up with a deal that moves us into the top 10 to take one of those top KPF picks whilst helping out a club with points in order to match/get around bids.

With list reductions we are going to have to delist or trade out half a dozen players?

I don't get the love for Markov. Broad again showed his worth in the finals and grand final.

Markov is not close to the same level of player. Broad must be prioritized especially with Astbury looking cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I
Higgins
English
Turner
Markov?
Broad?
DES?

I reckon caddy is pretty lucky

I don't get the love for Markov. Broad again showed his worth in the finals and grand final.

Markov is not close to the same level of player. Broad must be prioritized especially with Astbury looking cooked.
more upside than broad.
younger and faster.

I
Higgins
English
Turner
Markov?
Broad?
DES?

I reckon caddy is pretty lucky
Caddy could be traded. Not sure he'd be keen on a fourth club though.

Markov was apparently killing it at training the last month, showed some good form in games.

Good age
Tough
Hard/brave
Fast
Kicks alright
play fwd/mid/back
Seems to be improving
Good size
Can kick goals

What is there not to get? I reckon he will be an excellent addition to the suns. Bit sad to see him go if it goes ahead maybe more so than higgo.

Last edited:
Broad Oleg Higgins

Broad to keep is a must

Oleg , until halfway through the season I thought he would never play a senior game ever again. When he got his chance he was actually pretty good , happy to hang onto for depth.

Jack , given what he went through last year he is a hard one to comment on. I don’t think he is best 22 , actually has about 4 or 5 in front of him , not fussed either way but don’t want to loose him for a pick in the 60”s like we have done with other players of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back