List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This draft is full of midfielders and we have 4 quality early picks with the potential to improve on that further. No need to rob Paul to play Peter when we can address our midfield if we draft we’ll
Big bodied mids with A grade skills and toughness ready to go? Can Broad play the Vlaustin role down back?

I get the obvious “no way”.. but maybe a bit deeper thought?

would you have put Rioli on HBF?
Vlastuin into the middle suggestions need to stop. He is an average midfielder but an absolutely elite HB. We hadn’t seen Rioli on HB before, he wasn’t exactly impacting games when up forward either.

I get the obvious “no way”.. but maybe a bit deeper thought?

would you have put Rioli on HBF?
Who takes his role across HB as the bloke floating across in front to intercept if you move him in the middle? Obvious answer is Broad, but then who takes his spot? For mine we need to get the back line group minus Astbury & Houli back together so we can then settle in the likes of Miller and Rioli/Mansell

Melbourne are the flavor of the month and they looked unbeatable last night and people are thinking wow how can they be beaten

Lets have a look at some of the facts here
They played a slow old geelong that were just not upto finals football both personnel and game plan which fueled the fire and melbourne stepped on the cats thought.

2019 GF Richmond destroyed a stronger faster younger fitter GWS that was meant to be the most talented list ever
I think too much is being made from last nights game and melbourne were really playing against a rubbish version of the cats who are finished
Yeah - I agree - last nights game said more about where the Cats are at. Last 3 weeks they've looked very old.

I hope the Tigers aren't looking at the Melbourne list and think thats where we need to be. The reason we have been so good over the past 4-5 years is that we've created our identity and playing style.

Watching arguably the best 1,2 punch combo in the comp last night in Oliver and Trac it makes you realise how much we need to draft our next star.
Those 2 blokes are unstoppable.
Yep that’s why I been banging on use our 4 picks <30 , nail at least 2 of em and I mean nail em and we re set to re launch

Watching arguably the best 1,2 punch combo in the comp last night in Oliver and Trac it makes you realise how much we need to draft our next star.
Those 2 blokes are unstoppable.
especially when they play cooked old farts like duckwood, dangerflop...

Will Brodie is probably on the market for like a pick in the 60s or 80 so a pick we wouldn’t use. I reckon we have a crack
If we were making 7+ list changes , maybe , then again does he offer more than Martyn and rcd . That’s the Q with these state league players , we have reserves that have been prolific at vfl already that need senior ops

After 2025, will Gawn come home to Richmond with Melbournes blessing?

People have to consider the possibility Max Gawn does a Paul Salmon and comes back to the team he supported as a kid after winning multiple premierships at Melbourne and Jackson taking over as their main ruck
971D6895-7F48-44F2-9C48-82A386FFAC4C.gif

1631334501960.png

Two Richmond key forwards and rucks could be poised to leave the club, upending the Tigers’ plans for rebuilding their premiership squad on the run.

Highly rated Callum Coleman-Jones will decide next week if he will accept a two-year offer to remain at Punt Road or pursue a move, with Gold Coast and North Melbourne leading the push for the out-of-contract player.

On the move? Richmond’s [PLAYERCARD]Callum Coleman-Jones[/PLAYERCARD].

On the move? Richmond’s Callum Coleman-Jones.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES

Athletic teammate Mabior Chol is sought by Essendon and North Melbourne as a versatile tall who could play in the ruck or as a key forward.

Unlike Coleman-Jones, Chol is an unrestricted free agent, so he can walk to other clubs without Richmond having the chance to match contract terms offered and force a trade. If the contract offer for Chol is sufficiently high Richmond could still receive a compensation pick in return.

Coleman-Jones was drafted at pick 20, the first pick in the second round of the 2017 national draft, having played most of his junior football as a ruckman and forward. The 200-centimetre tall has spent four years at Richmond developing primarily as a forward behind Tom Lynch and Jack Riewoldt.

The 21-year-old has played just nine games, including eight this season, with the Tigers believing more opportunities will continue to open up in the forward line with Riewoldt entering what is likely to be in his last season next year.

This time last year Coleman-Jones and teammate Sydney Stack were suspended for 10 matches and the club fined $100,000 when the pair was involved in a fight outside a kebab shop after they had been kicked out of a strip club on the Gold Coast.

That fine had to be included in the club’s soft cap on football spending.

Complicating the picture for both players when they consider opportunities ahead at the club is that Toby Nankervis and Ivan Soldo are both expected to be fit for the start of next season.

Richmond have a strong draft hand this year, holding Geelong’s first-round, St Kilda’s second-round and Gold Coast’s third-round draft picks as well as their own first, second and third-round picks.

Richmond’s [PLAYERCARD]Mabior Chol[/PLAYERCARD] could be at a new AFL club next season.

Richmond’s Mabior Chol could be at a new AFL club next season.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES

While Coleman-Jones could theoretically walk to North Melbourne through the pre-season draft for nothing should he choose to leave Richmond and accept the Roos’ offer, he is unlikely to pursue this option and would want a trade were he to leave.

Gold Coast appear favourites to secure him if Coleman-Jones decides to leave. The Suns also have a strong hand of draft picks and could readily do a deal with Richmond.

He will meet with his manager Michael Doughty next week to decide on his future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other clubs will jump ahead in the draft from matching bids
Pick 7 will get bumped back from Daicos & Darcy, Pick 19 will get bumped back by Mac Andrew
Mac Andrew bid cannot be matched before pick 20. If he’s chosen before pick 20, Melbourne can’t match.

Best case scenario if both Chol and CCJ were to leave would clearly be Chol to North and CCJ to the Gold Coast.

Even if CCJ requested for a decent trade to be made from North, we would still not be getting anything close to what the Suns would offer.

I also feel we have a good ‘trading’ relationship with the Suns so we might be able to snag something decent there.

I am resigned to losing 1 of them, but we seriously can't afford to lose both. Jack has one year left and Lynch is approaching 30 with a bad injury history so probably won't age too well. If we lose chol and ccj, after jack and lynch we have .... who? Can't let it happen

Bolton has petracca covered comfortably at the same age. But yeah another one would be nice.
Yeah but Trac has Bolton covered now and in the future. Trac is the prototype midfielder. Absolute beast.

Best case scenario if both Chol and CCJ were to leave would clearly be Chol to North and CCJ to the Gold Coast.

Even if CCJ requested for a decent trade to be made from North, we would still not be getting anything close to what the Suns would offer.

I also feel we have a good ‘trading’ relationship with the Suns so we might be able to snag something decent there.
That is the best case if they both decide to leave but i think we will keep 1 of them and hoping its Cj

Chol has 2-3 clubs interested in him but North makes the most sense for him and they probably would pay him the most and thats what Carr would be looking for. 3 year deal at $400k would nett us a 2nd round compo pick which would be inside #30 - BINGO

That is the best case if they both decide to leave but i think we will keep 1 of them and hoping its Cj

Chol has 2-3 clubs interested in him but North makes the most sense for him and they probably would pay him the most and thats what Carr would be looking for. 3 year deal at $400k would nett us a 2nd round compo pick which would be inside #30 - BINGO

Yeah 100%. Would baffle the mind if Chol got us a compo pick anywhere near what we got for Brando though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back