List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Men against boys I guess. Easy to dominate 17-18 year old kids when you’re his size. Hasn’t really shown much in his time with us in that position. How old was Nank when we got him across for our 2017 flag? I think that’s the benchmark to measure him against.

Hey look, he might be the next Dean Cox.

We’d have a good idea of his ruck potential given we just went most of a season without Nank and Soldo. Kinda telling CCJ wasn’t a walk up start

CJ is a campaigner…bc as you say he cost jobs,
CJ put the club under pressure at a time when the season was hanging by a thread….
we showed faith in him and gave CJ games pretty much as soon as his suspension ended only for him to show us the middle funger

CJ didn’t ensure we got adequate compensation….that award goes to Blair…
I dunno he could have gone in the PSD and we would have got nothing for him. Rumour is CCJ refused to do this ensuring we at least got something.

We’d have a good idea of his ruck potential given we just went most of a season without Nank and Soldo. Kinda telling CCJ wasn’t a walk up start

Had no interest in offering him more money or a longer deal by the sounds of it. In no way a proven commodity to get that deal. It’s a punt from north no doubt.

Had no interest in offering him more money or a longer deal by the sounds of it. In no way a proven commodity to get that deal. It’s a punt from north no doubt.

The guy needs clear air - I respect that. North for all it's ills is probably the best place for him to fall too - the pathway to No1 ruck position can be seen quite easily and quickly if he is good enough! Ah the impetuosity of youth!

So much for Cerra being the bargain that Carlton fans were suggesting he was.

Tale of 2 clubs.
One clubs players take a paycut to help win a flag.
The other clubs players take a paycut too maybe make finals.

It's fine for people to criticise the Richmond list management team with not doing due diligence, but the sort of intelligence required on Yarran simply wasn't available
But Carlton were well aware of his issues. What a campaigner of a club to screw us and have absolutely zero thought for the welfare of the player..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal Twomey mentioned today that Schlensog is still able to be selected as a DFA which I thought was incorrect. If so I'd be taking a very good look at that. Probably one of the top mature age KPP in the country and wouldn't even require a pick.
WAFL standard not that great.

Men against boys I guess. Easy to dominate 17-18 year old kids when you’re his size. Hasn’t really shown much in his time with us in that position. How old was Nank when we got him across for our 2017 flag? I think that’s the benchmark to measure him against.

Hey look, he might be the next Dean Cox.

Wow didn't realise Nank was only 22 when we got him- he does have an old man face!!

I don't think he will be a Dean Cox level but wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be very serviceable for the next 8-10 years

BLUES’ PAY CUTS FOR CERRA REVEALED

Up to six of Carlton’s “biggest stars” took pay cuts to fit Adam Cerra into the club’s salary cap, reports Seven.

Cerra has joined the club on a four-year deal worth around $2.6 to $2.8 million, while George Hewett joined as a free agent signing a contract worth closer to $1.8 million across four years.

The moves surprised many, given the Blues’ recent trade activity, leading to questions about how they had enough cap room.

But the report claims as many as six players accepted less money to open up space for Cerra.

“I don’t think it’s much more than he would’ve got at Fremantle; this is more about him moving home as opposed to accepting a bigger deal at the Blues,” Seven’s Mitch Cleary said.

“This is the first buy-in to this selflessness the club’s talked about; Melbourne’s done it in the roots of their premiership.”

heston.gif

This is the same sort of sugar coating from the media when Pies players sacrificed salary to fit in Beams. The reality is the players would have back-ended their deals and just makes the problem worse later on when they have to re-sign Walsh.

Carlspoon are not going to get anywhere near a flag with the average players that they have overpaid for. Love drinking their own bath water

the fact these 2 are still on the list and Naish was delisted already is farcical
As a Father-son of the club, Naish was delisted at the earliest possible opportunity to give him the best chance of interviewing and preparing to be picked up by another club. That's the least we could do, rather than leave him dangling on the list in limbo not knowing if he would be retained or would be delisted at the last moment. The club gives a s**t.

Sooo…

38 + 40 for pies 27
7 + norf future 2nd for GWS 2 (GWS use 2nd to get Lobb)
15 + future 1st for GC 3 (GC trade 15 + something for future 1st)

Go into draft with 2, 3, 26, 27, 28
100% i hope that what we're aiming for.
Aim.gif

BLUES’ PAY CUTS FOR CERRA REVEALED

Up to six of Carlton’s “biggest stars” took pay cuts to fit Adam Cerra into the club’s salary cap, reports Seven.

Cerra has joined the club on a four-year deal worth around $2.6 to $2.8 million, while George Hewett joined as a free agent signing a contract worth closer to $1.8 million across four years.

The moves surprised many, given the Blues’ recent trade activity, leading to questions about how they had enough cap room.

But the report claims as many as six players accepted less money to open up space for Cerra.

“I don’t think it’s much more than he would’ve got at Fremantle; this is more about him moving home as opposed to accepting a bigger deal at the Blues,” Seven’s Mitch Cleary said.

“This is the first buy-in to this selflessness the club’s talked about; Melbourne’s done it in the roots of their premiership.”

View attachment 1256446

This is the same sort of sugar coating from the media when Pies players sacrificed salary to fit in Beams. The reality is the players would have back-ended their deals and just makes the problem worse later on when they have to re-sign Walsh.

Carlspoon are not going to get anywhere near a flag with the average players that they have overpaid for. Love drinking their own bath water

Carlton repeating the mistakes we made when overpaying for Kane Johnson. 15 years or so until they get their s**t together. Hopefully longer.

It's almost worth st Kilda winning the flag just so Carlton take the mantle of longest drought. * em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back