List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it more as a Hail Mary while we where already negotiating with them about CCJ
Well it was a decent offer. I wouldn't be surprised if half this board melted if that deal went through lol.

What would it take to get pick 2 from GWS?
Pick 7 and a future first?
I think so. Depends on what their plan is. If they want Mac Andrew, they may be able to get him at our pick 7 but who knows.

Good to hear we are trying

That has me a bit excited - it means we have an eye on someone and perhaps it was Horne, but just as easily Callaghan for mine - opportunity sprung though the negotiations with North. Keep in the ear of GC, Giants and Adelaide boys!!!!

I see it more as a Hail Mary while we where already negotiating with them about CCJ

Same - the opportunity was there, lets have a crack shake the tree, especially while we are talking and see what falls. Use whatever leverage we want to use that is available at the time.

Must be Horne

Opportunity springs eternal (that's a nice bastardisation of another quote but why the hell not!). Could also have provided some wonderful leverage to control the top few picks and get their target and some!

"AFL.com.au can reveal the Tigers offered North Melbourne picks

No.7
, 15
, 26
and Callum Coleman-Jones

for North's No.1 pick during discussions over the Coleman-Jones trade"

So much for us not doing anything... was a great "swing for the fences" that offer to North.
I love that we just go about our business and not spruik it everywhere, the media find out about it after the fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RICHMOND has made a massive play for the No.1 pick in an attempt to supercharge its rebound up the ladder next year.

However North Melbourne, like it did to Adelaide's offer for the top pick, denied the Tigers' pitch for the No.1 selection with its eyes set on young gun Jason Horne-Francis.

AFL.com.au can reveal the Tigers offered North Melbourne picks No.7, 15, 26 and Callum Coleman-Jones for North's No.1 pick during discussions over the Coleman-Jones trade.

Fake news, afl media trying to make us look desperate

Ccj (pick 19?)

Is a pretty solid offer
I cant remember exactly what Adelaide offered but it was definitely their first this year and next year plus something else. Based on those two firsts alone, its more enticing than what we offered in my opinion.

"AFL.com.au can reveal the Tigers offered North Melbourne picks

No.7
, 15
, 26
and Callum Coleman-Jones

for North's No.1 pick during discussions over the Coleman-Jones trade"

So roughly speaking 2 x 1st Round and 2 x 2nd Rounders for Pick 1 - all current year - ballsy!

Give 7

Future first
Easy tiger. Three firsts ?
JHF got shut down by a WA 178cm mid called Gus Sheldrick, who cut off his run at the ball to the point he had to be moved out of the middle in game 1 of the U19 Champs at Lathlain a month ago. That raised some eyebrows at the time. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief when JHF played an awesome game in the SANFL prelim recently but he isn't bulletproof.

Geez tho, imagine the outrage if we did pull that off wow. Lol

JHF got shut down by a WA 178cm mid called Gus Sheldrick, who cut off his run at the ball to the point he had to be moved out of the middle in game 1 of the U19 Champs at Lathlain a month ago. That raised some eyebrows at the time. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief when JHF played an awesome game in the SANFL prelim recently but he isn't bulletproof.

We offered two first , ccj (pick19?) And 26 apparently...

GoTigers#

Do you remember the name of the WA guy who did similar to Cotch in 2007?

IMHO we are only a chance if samson Ryan explodes or we put balta forward. Very very bare on big men even before ccj and chol left.
Ironically.Charlie Dean(Son of James) who won the VFL's Fothergill-Round-Mitchell Medal on Thursday night was interviewed on radio.He mentioned Sampson Ryan as someone he learnt a great deal off when playing on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back