List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know much about Ely Smith at Brisbane? What about some of the Gold Coast kids? Unlikely, but ask the question of someone like Hollands. Brodie Kemp was touted as a potential midfielder as well in his draft year, but now playing as a 3rd tall at Carlton. Deven Robertson at Brisbane a little in and out as well.

There's a couple of different options out there.
Elijah Hollands would be the player i would love to get from GC , Connor Stone from GWS and the golden Child of last years draft Finn Callaghan
Ely smith is a big bodied inside mid that has not progressed and looks to have stalled.

I had a look at the Lions vfl stats this week and he didnt really get much of the pill in that games

Can think of a more respectful wording for a 3x Premiership player who is closing in on 300 games.

It’s laughable …. we’ve seen what the next crop of youngsters can bring playing a similar role to Edwards … and the answer is not much…. just yet.

Clarke has shown some nice glimpses and kicked 2 goals in his first quarter of footy. In his 3 games he has 7 score involvements and Edwards has 13. Edwards has more possessions, more inside 50’s, clearances etc….

So if anyone thinks Stack, Cumberland etc… will produce more than Edwards over a string of games they are wrong. Give the kids a sniff but they aren’t at Edwards level yet.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How much lower can he tank his value? future second?

Alarm bells on that reply about the money - shows great immaturity and ego. You’d want to very closely analyse his attitude or you end up with a Jaydn Stephenson on your hands. Players who pick and choose when to give 100% effort are not worth giving up draft picks for no matter how talented.

How much lower can he tank his value? future second?

4. Thomas inclusion fails to bring spark​

Footy veteran Geoff Walsh will begin his mini review of the Kangaroos football department this week and if he runs into Tarryn Thomas in the corridor, he could do worse than ask the 22-year-old why he’s acting like he doesn’t want to be there. Thomas had three disposals against the Crows, and even though he was dealing with a death in his family, that’s an extremely poor return. He moped around on the field and, at one point, looked like he was whining when he was on the bench. So, the decision to play Thomas ultimately was wrong. Coach David Noble gave his player an out when he was asked about Thomas in the post-match, but that still doesn’t explain the alarming drop in output through the 2022 season. Thomas wasn’t the main problem yesterday, that continues to be the fact they simply don’t have enough talent.

Anyone know much about Ely Smith at Brisbane? What about some of the Gold Coast kids? Unlikely, but ask the question of someone like Hollands. Brodie Kemp was touted as a potential midfielder as well in his draft year, but now playing as a 3rd tall at Carlton. Deven Robertson at Brisbane a little in and out as well.

Ely Smith thinks he is the greatest,,no thanks

It’s laughable …. we’ve seen what the next crop of youngsters can bring playing a similar role to Edwards … and the answer is not much…. just yet.

Clarke has shown some nice glimpses and kicked 2 goals in his first quarter of footy. In his 3 games he has 7 score involvements and Edwards has 13. Edwards has more possessions, more inside 50’s, clearances etc….

So if anyone thinks Stack, Cumberland etc… will produce more than Edwards over a string of games they are wrong. Give the kids a sniff but they aren’t at Edwards level yet.

Just don't like the wording.
In essence your right.
The only player that could replace someone like Shedda and be at as effective is Stack.
Clarke/Mrj etc will be good in the future but right now Shedda & Stack should be there come september.

Dylan Stevens looked good last night for swans. Former pick 5 mid starved of senior opportunity not getting rewarded for killing it in reserves. 3rd year still contracted for 2023 would be a massive improvement on our next tier mids and cost bugger all also swans are renowned as best team to trade with. Bent them over for Nank. Reckon could get him for our 2nd pick give him 3 years <$1mil and watch him play 200 games.
Soft.

All busts. Robertson most likely to make it but B-grader is his max.

Would agree if it was Thomas of last season.

But he looks like he's given up, and I don't think it is wise to go for someone like him when it's clear that they can't seem to fight through personal bad form or the team being in bad form. While I trust our culture to turn that around, I would rather want someone who can still give their all even when things aren't going their way.

I mean, if possible, we should get someone like LDU out of North. Shows a lot more hunger and drive than someone like Thomas, and they're both pretty much in the same situation.
Sounds like a potential bargain to me
He's still only 22 years old

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would agree if it was Thomas of last season.

But he looks like he's given up, and I don't think it is wise to go for someone like him when it's clear that they can't seem to fight through personal bad form or the team being in bad form. While I trust our culture to turn that around, I would rather want someone who can still give their all even when things aren't going their way.

I mean, if possible, we should get someone like LDU out of North. Shows a lot more hunger and drive than someone like Thomas, and they're both pretty much in the same situation.
Now is the best time to go for him. Buy low.

Get his cuz Mansell to tell him all about how supportive Richmond is of our young Aboriginal lads. I've got no doubt we can make a player out of Tarryn Thomas.

Being at North with poor development and so much pressure to be a star would be difficult. At Richmond there wouldn't be so much attention on him all the time.

Most important needs for us in terms of trades are Riewoldt and Cotchin replacements.

Sounds like they're both going to go on one more year, but even if they do replacements are needed asap.

My preference would be to go for McStay if the Pies don't price us out, and then one of Dunkley or Hopper.

Most important needs for us in terms of trades are Riewoldt and Cotchin replacements.

Sounds like they're both going to go on one more year, but even if they do replacements are needed asap.

My preference would be to go for McStay if the Pies don't price us out, and then one of Dunkley or Hopper.
Riewoldt more pressing than Cotch imo, Ross and Baker showed on the weekend that they are ready to step up to become full time Mids, plus we have a Few others like Dow who could improve next season

As far as key position forward stocks we a very lean especially because it can take a number of years before they are consistent

I kind of see Baker as our Cotch replacement. A player who wins 'moments' for us and gets the momentum of the game back onto our terms. Aside from Jack, I really would like to see someone who could be our Prestia replacement. I can't really think of anyone who comes close to him in other teams though.

I kind of see Baker as our Cotch replacement. A player who wins 'moments' for us and gets the momentum of the game back onto our terms. Aside from Jack, I really would like to see someone who could be our Prestia replacement. I can't really think of anyone who comes close to him in other teams though.

Baker is our Prestia replacement.

But there are no real replacements because all players are their own unique mix really

A few players simply carry the load and contribute in their own way as a different groupis

Obviously Graham and others will help with the load

Last edited:

I really dont see the love for this guy , Good ordinary player

But im not paying $600k-$700k for a good ordinary player

I would rather give Riewoldt a 3 yer deal than sign McStay

Baker is our Prestia replacement.

But there are no real replacements because all players are their own unique mix really

A few players simply carry the load and contribute in their own way as a different groupis

Obviously Graham and others will help with the load
Not sure why you think that

If Baker was 10cm taller he would be exactly the Cotchin replacement and imo actually is

Elijah Hollands would be the player i would love to get from GC , Connor Stone from GWS and the golden Child of last years draft Finn Callaghan
Ely smith is a big bodied inside mid that has not progressed and looks to have stalled.

I had a look at the Lions vfl stats this week and he didnt really get much of the pill in that games
Yep would like to get Hollands.
First step - draft Oliver Hollands this year.
Second step - get big bro out of the Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back