List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This charges were dropped. Just be careful to get your facts straight with this sort of stuff:
Didn’t say he was found guilty. I said he was charged, which he was. The point being that he was not perfect while in the WAFL, as the previous poster had said. Our club still took the chance on him. Which was the point I was making in relation to DeGoey.

You make a very good point though. Unfortunately mud sticks regardless. It’s worth noting that DeGoey also has had his charges from last year dropped by police who were ordered to pay costs, and he has so far had one charge from the recent NY incident dropped.

Last edited:

There really is not a big hole in our foward line we have the following fowards
Lynch - 37 goals in 12 games
Riewoldt - 24 goals in 12 games
Bolton - 26 goals in 14 games

thats 3 of the top 24 goal kickers and with Dusty missing a majority of games we could easily have had 4 in 24

There is also Bauer in the 2's who is looking good and Ryan still developing and showing signs
We also have 3 picks inside 30 this year if a good draft for KPF and could easily get a player like Keeler , Scully , Lemmey , Jefferson etc
1 KPF drafted this year with another year of development into the New Draftee & Bauer/Ryan

Big contested bull mid is what our biggest need is and we need to win more contested poss
Cumberland ?

Jack wont go on next year that is certain !
Dimma danced around JRs playing future in a recent interview on Foxtel. When JR was asked about that he was very sheepish. Think it’s sounding unlikely he plays on.

Reiwoldt bought up a good point though, you don’t want all your experience leaving at once- referring to Cotch, Shedda and himself

Last edited:
Life deals you cards...you make the calls based on what you're dealt. Thanks for keeping an eye out Karpy. It means a lot. Hard to kill a Tiger man.
That’s it mate, you’ve always had a great attitude 👊
Hope you’re alright

His house mate just signed a big deal and he's from country WA — not Perth so the lure of home isn't that strong because he can't actually go home anyway.

Loves the club. Will stay.

I’d love to reprise the replies to my comments pre-season of suggesting Baker could help out the mids … most replied to me about how Baker was too small to play midfield and would get pulverised. They grossly underestimated the size of his heart and kahunas. Not saying he should be full-time mid right now, but I’ve seen enough to suggest he’ll continue spending more time there as his career goes on. What a star !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd say he's a strong chance to leave. He's parked contract talks.

There's clearly a big hole in our forward mix at the moment, and its resulted in us taking our best key defender out of the backline to try and fill it. We need someone now who can slot in alongside Lynch, keep a defender busy and pinch-hit in the ruck. They don't need to be a star—we can't afford a star.

Yeah, Jack might play for three more years, but that's highly unlikely and not something our list management should be planning for. I'd say he most likely plays next year and that's it. A Lynch/Riewoldt/McStay forward line next year would be pretty strong and is quite injury-proof. And after that, who knows? Bauer? A developing draftee? A smaller forward line?

Yeah we can draft a kid and hope they end up as good as Jack, but even they do it will take years for them to reach that level. Jack was on the list three years before he had his breakout year in 2010. We need someone now.

McStay is a big no from me at the money and length of contract it would take to get him. Keep the money to lock in our current top-liners and try to secure a genuine gun, not a B-grade forward. It has a whiff of McGovern to Carlton about it.

Jack wont go on next year that is certain !
I think he will. He’s not keeping anyone out of the side and he is still dangerous. He took a mark on the weekend that would have been the sealer that shows he still has spring in his legs and we know he is as smart as any player out there.

He is going at 2 goals a game and has the chance to cash in against a few of the weaker opposition defences in the run home.

If he kicks 40+ this year having missed a couple of games we would be mad to let him walk away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s who I’m saying a r3,,,,wtf would we offer rcd who was a r1 pick plus pic 19 for a guy getting 3p a week for the bottom side, crikey I’m glad no one on hear is negotiating , worst deal ever

RCD being a Round 1 pick 4-years ago is relevant how? He’s playing in VFL and performing like a pick #80. If we are convinced (it’s a big if) of Thomas’s mindset and motivation he’s worth pick #19 every day of the week as he’s got elite ability.

RCD being a Round 1 pick 4-years ago is relevant how? He’s playing in VFL and performing like a pick #80. If we are convinced (it’s a big if) of Thomas’s mindset and motivation he’s worth pick #19 every day of the week as he’s got elite ability.
Both RCD & Thomas are 1st rounders from 2018, both are playing at VFL level.
So why is Thomas worth RCD plus Pick 19? Pick 19 is overs as it is

Last edited:
Based on the Tigercast show tonight it seems the possible targets are Dunkley, Mcgrath and Hopper.
People have been a little unsure about Hopper but he is a copycat Prestia imo, with his stats very similar in past seasons at a comparable age. I just wonder if he has peaked or still has some wiggle room to improve. I would love to see him come over in his current state, and would be ecstatic if he were to improve slightly whilst not compromosing our team first approach.

T.Thomas is a jet but i feel he'll still hang around.

If we can get Dunkley to the Tiges without compromising our draft position too much that would be fantastic.

Yep one of Dunkley, Hopper and Taranto would be nice.
Taranto the most gettable but since we'll be paying up no matter which way we go Dunkley is the one I hope we're chasing. Much better defensively and in the air. Been keeping an eye on him for a while and of all options he's easily the one that suites our gamestyle the most.

Taranto I think we'd end up being a touch disappointed with on the coin he'd be on. Would be our #1 possession getter by a mile but lacks a lot of hurt factor. Also loves a cheap sideways mark or two and we're the last team to accommodate that sort of business.

Based on the Tigercast show tonight it seems the possible targets are Dunkley, Mcgrath and Hopper.
People have been a little unsure about Hopper but he is a copycat Prestia imo, with his stats very similar in past seasons at a comparable age. I just wonder if he has peaked or still has some wiggle room to improve. I would love to see him come over in his current state, and would be ecstatic if he were to improve slightly whilst not compromosing our team first approach.

T.Thomas is a jet but i feel he'll still hang around.

If we can get Dunkley to the Tiges without compromising our draft position too much that would be fantastic.
Without casting aspersions, that’s pure hope and speculation. We can throw many darts at a board and eventually it hits the treble twenty. Good reading/listening but that’s all it is to me.
Dunkley and McGrath for starters aren’t going anywhere imo. One of the GWS mids is a strong chance based upon media reports. Blair is really good at this kind of long view recruiting and he’d have planned years ahead if anything’s going to happen.

Both RCD & Thomas are 1st rounders from 2018, both are playing at VFL level.
So why is Thomas worth RCD plus Pick 19? Pick 19 is overs as it is

Because in 2021 Thomas played 21 games, average 18 touches, 3 clearances and kicked 24 goals. A great season by a 3rd year player with less than 50 games.

He’s had a shocker in 2022 due to injury, personal reasons, Noble having lost the players and God knows what else. But his 2021 is miles ahead of anything RCD has produced.

There really is not a big hole in our foward line we have the following fowards
Lynch - 37 goals in 12 games
Riewoldt - 24 goals in 12 games
Bolton - 26 goals in 14 games

thats 3 of the top 24 goal kickers and with Dusty missing a majority of games we could easily have had 4 in 24

There is also Bauer in the 2's who is looking good and Ryan still developing and showing signs
We also have 3 picks inside 30 this year if a good draft for KPF and could easily get a player like Keeler , Scully , Lemmey , Jefferson etc
1 KPF drafted this year with another year of development into the New Draftee & Bauer/Ryan

Big contested bull mid is what our biggest need is and we need to win more contested poss
Agreed. I think would be a much better side if we were better in the contests. Our forward line is currently one of the best in the league and our defence is pretty decent too. Contested mids are our biggest deficiency IMO.

Our KPF stocks are low, but hopefully we can address both at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back