List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

HOW DOES EVERYONE FEEL WHEN GEELONG ADD SMITH,THOMAS TO THEIR LIST.
IM THUKING LIVID AT THE THOUGHT.
That have to go somewhere, and Geelong are just another club that are our competitors.

If they can massage their salary cap (and draft picks) to enable it to happen, good luck to them.

We're in a different universe to Geelong atm. We're not realistically challenging for a flag in the next 3-4 years at least.

Curtis Taylor
Eddie Ford
Brayden George
Will Phillips
All from north, all out of contract this year
Any interest??
I like Curtis Taylor but there isn't any chance of getting him

Last edited:
That have to go somewhere, and Geelong are just another club that are our competitors.

If they can massage their salary cap (and draft picks) to enable it to happen, good luck to them.

We're in a different universe to Geelong atm. We're not realistically challenging for a flag in the next 3-4 years at least.

Geelong will definitely be in line for those types of players, they currently have nothing bona fide elite below age 30. Hopefully if they get Thomas he does a Jack Stevens on them. :)

I got Paul Curtis and Curtis Taylor mixed up, but unless players are a FA can't see North trading out anyone they want to keep
Had a feeling you did lol
They are confusing
Paul curtis is a ripper
Curtis Taylor very promising early has faded

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade and Free Agency Dates To Know

Friday October 4th 9am - Free Agency Begins

Monday October 7th 9am - Trade Period Begins

Friday October 11th - Free Agency Ends

Wednesday October 16th - Trade Period Ends

If we have a fit list then we have good depth and a solid age profile. Big if right now.

unless we can get a decent B grader cheap I'd just focus on drafting kids.

And some people want us to go after pick 1. I'd look at what we have to pay. Unless it is a super star then I'd rather 2 top 10 picks than on top 1 pick. Just keep loading up, and play the kids this year. We should have a good idea of who is going somewhere end 2024. Just keep building on that, whilst protecting the kids with a solid mature core.

If he was a free agent then 100%, but don't think he is worth trading for, plays like too much of a flanker for his size

We could play him on the wing;)

I think people need to consider we have different players so we could play the game a little differently and still come up with a winning combination as a result

It is interesting Hardwick might see him as a defender but Jack does not. We might ave a mix that works for Jack with Balta and Gibcus and the Kiwi guy already here

Put it this way, if Jack came to RFC can't see it being a Grundy/Gawn scenario. We certainly could try a few different things with him not involving the backline

Last edited:
If Baker nominates the eagles would they accept Baker + a pick in the 8-12 range for their first round pick?

We could package up the latter picks that we have then trade them with either gold coast or brisbane for a pick in that range, then we'd have 2 top 5 picks and an early second heading into the draft

If Baker nominates the eagles would they accept Baker + a pick in the 8-12 range for their first round pick?

We could package up the latter picks that we have then trade them with either gold coast or brisbane for a pick in that range, then we'd have 2 top 5 picks and an early second heading into the draft
He's a free agent, we'd le him walk assuming we finish last or second last, our compo would be straight after our firs pick, like 1,2 or 2,3

He's a free agent, we'd le him walk assuming we finish last or second last, our compo would be straight after our firs pick, like 1,2 or 2,3
No Baker isn't a free agent unfortunately, he was drafted as an over-age player. He is only out of contract

Next year Balta is a free agent and we'd get a band 1 compo pick after our first pick if he was to leave

Think Eagles won't give up their first round pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back