List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Not you too Tiger Tough. Okay, I am very much in the minority so what am I missing here? He is a VERY ordinary player (and that is being kind). Not quick, not skilled, not the best decision maker..........yet a lot of people seem to want this bloke. Classic example of a player who only plays well against us and does sweet FA for the rest of the season.
I have come around to this style of thinking. If we was a good player to go after (considering where we are) he should be in the bests for North each week.

We should attack the draft this year and to some degree next year (maybe not as hard as we'll be going this year), then pick up a few young fringe players along the way.

We want most of our best team to hit age 24-26 around the same time, and we can hopefully then cover any cracks with trade/free agency.

People have already mentioned that fringe top draftees from GWS (why do Carlton always get those?) and Gold Coast would be good, but what about Will Phillips from North Melbourne?

Perhaps he's no good as he was from memory drafted after the COVID year where no one played? But he was highly touted and can't really get a game at North, would possibly come cheap. Right age bracket for us.

Other potential issue with this scenario is assuming that the Suns want another highly rated (midfielder) kid before Lombard. At the moment, the best kids seems to be midfielders, and in a squad with Miller, Anderson, Rowell, Flanders playing at HB, Davies (was a highly rated midfield prospect from their academy), Fiorini who's been playing on a wing, as well as recent midfield debuts to Graham and Rogers, a highly rated midfield prospect seems like the last thing the Suns need to draft, considering that Lombard himself seems like a midfield prospect.

Unless a gun KPD makes himself known to the top end of the draft (and assuming North doesn't pick him up), then I don't see why the Suns would want to trade before the Lombard pick at all.
I think that KPD kids name is Luke Trainor

Edit - lol as previously argued.

Last edited:
Whats the bet we do a norf and win the last game and move up ahead of Norf /Hawks & Eagles.lol
I honestly wouldn’t be shattered with that. As far as I know there’s no Harley Reid level draftee in the waiting and I could really do without the mantle of “wooden spooner” again in my lifetime.

Clearly we are winning the spoon and having Fremantle and West Coast drive up Baker's contract until it is Band 1 compo and walking away with pick 1 and 2 but keep it on the down low
Be Quiet Cut It Out GIF
AFL pricks will give us end of Round 1, you watch !

I honestly wouldn’t be shattered with that. As far as I know there’s no Harley Reid level draftee in the waiting and I could really do without the mantle of “wooden spooner” again in my lifetime.
Can't see norf winning a game tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back