Trade Joel Bowden

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I know some people will think im a goose for saying this but im sure many will agree.

Joel Bowden is a selfish player. He is very un accountable when playing on a man in defense, yet for some reason is reguarded as a good defender. His disposal in general is shysenhouse, yet people believe he is a good kick cos people in the media who were his former coach say he is a good kick. He always puts teamates under presure by trying to baulk an opponent and get caught in a tackle only to get a crap handball away to a team mate who will get wraped up. People were calling for him to be captain a few years back but on field he has a sharper tounge then the best of them, epecially to junior players in the team when they dont choose the correct disposal option. (somethinh he does on regular occations)

He is probably the one older/ senior play on our klist who would acually comand something worthwhile during trade week( which i dun know why)

what you all reckon, discuss

Im not sure if you're basing this on todays game? I thought he was one of our better players today. He took a couple of risks and ran off his man to help out a teammate. And his disposal is for the most part good. Its just when he does stuff up that its usually costly and it sticks out.

Im not sure if you're basing this on todays game? I thought he was one of our better players today. He took a couple of risks and ran off his man to help out a teammate. And his disposal is for the most part good. Its just when he does stuff up that its usually costly and it sticks out.

no not on todays game, but a few of my observations a wrote down i did notice today. dont get me wrong he can look good but for all those times i bet you we just as many of his letdowns if not more

yeah dump pretty much the only player we have that has got some talent
have you been overseas for the last couple of years
he has been named in the all australian side for the last 2 years you know

if you want to trade some one trade the other 20 around him and keep richo

dude, nice to see you listen to Voss on a couple of occassions. Problem is that Voss doesnt suggest, Oh and bowden has ****ed it up again...or how Bowden has that uncanny ability to time his run towards a contested ball, so he gets there just after the opposition has got their frst and the ball is away and gone. ;)

I know some people will think im a goose for saying this but im sure many will agree.

Joel Bowden is a selfish player. He is very un accountable when playing on a man in defense, yet for some reason is reguarded as a good defender. His disposal in general is shysenhouse, yet people believe he is a good kick cos people in the media who were his former coach say he is a good kick. He always puts teamates under presure by trying to baulk an opponent and get caught in a tackle only to get a crap handball away to a team mate who will get wraped up. People were calling for him to be captain a few years back but on field he has a sharper tounge then the best of them, epecially to junior players in the team when they dont choose the correct disposal option. (somethinh he does on regular occations)

He is probably the one older/ senior play on our klist who would acually comand something worthwhile during trade week( which i dun know why)

what you all reckon, discuss

i reckon p1ss off troll. i think you are the by product of what happens when cousins have intimate relations. at least start an original thread like 'trade richo' or 'tambling v franklin'. real good stuff. you get out much, or to busy harnessing your skills on the banjo???:)

He only cares for himself.

How about when he berated MCGuane for stuffing up which resulted in a Port Goal, forget that the ball also went between his legs and funny how he forgot the humiliating turnover last week which saw the ball fly back over his head from a kick out.

He is supposed to be a leader FFS, wouldnt have hurt him to go over to McGuane and give him some encouragement. As Voss said that what leaders do with the younger players.

But no not from our leaders at Richmond, all are contaminated toxic waste from the 90's who care about themselves.

No.

That's why I'm interested to hear what Richmond fans think they would fetch.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone comes up with a trade for Judd that somehow includes Tivendale.

Only chance we have of getting Judd would be to finish last, throw Judd a milion $ contract and perhaps a few side deals like helping his own business out maybe with osme sponsors?

But then we would have to convince him to walk out on West Coast for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uh, no.

All Australian and one of our better senior players.

Do you want us to have no backline at all?

He's also what, 29?

J Bowden, Newman, Simmonds etc. = half decent players. They have trade vaulue.

Krakouer, Hyde, Tivendale etc. = hacks, no one wants them. No trade vaule.

You want to keep our good players and yet trade for decent draft picks.

It doesn't work like that.

I'd be happy to trade Bowden. We have too many players 27-29 who are all going to retire at the same period leaving a massive gap when the kids are finally of age to have an impact.

Bentleigh said:
He's also what, 29?

I'd be happy to trade Bowden. We have too many players 27-29 who are all going to retire at the same period leaving a massive gap when the kids are finally of age to have an impact.

You're saying you wouldn't mind trading Bowden, Newman and Simmonds for draft picks? Great, we'll have Patto in the ruck and kids playing in the defence for the next four years. Look forward to getting thrashed every week and totally ruining the confidence of our kids - who will have no leaders to look up to.

Dont you realise a balanced team needs its senior players. So what if Bowden and Simmonds will retire in 3-4 years. By then we might have a few decent ruckmen and a good young fullback. Newman is only 25 and has atleast five good years ahead of him - barring injury.

Hyde has had a bad start to the year but shouldn't be put into the same group as Krakouer or Tivendale.

Currently we have only 9 players on our list over the age of 25 (Richardson, Johnson, Brown,Bowden, Simmonds, Kingsley,Tivendale,Knobel, Hall)

Now, if we were to get rid of Bowden, Simmo and Tivva we would currently have two players playing for us over the age of 25 - and both carrying injuries. So who would you expect Graham, Edwards or Thursfield will turn to when in need for on field guidance? Patterson, McGuane and Jackson?

We aren't Hawthorn. Trading away good players or getting rid of them just because their "too old", for draft picks isn't the way to go. You need a mix of players and a gradual change over time.

Btw, Krakouer is only 24... i can see a club like North maybe willing to talk about a trade.

You're saying you wouldn't mind trading Bowden, Newman and Simmonds for draft picks? Great, we'll have Patto in the ruck and kids playing in the defence for the next four years. Look forward to getting thrashed every week and totally ruining the confidence of our kids - who will have no leaders to look up to.

Dont you realise a balanced team needs its senior players. So what if Bowden and Simmonds will retire in 3-4 years. By then we might have a few decent ruckmen and a good young fullback. Newman is only 25 and has atleast five good years ahead of him - barring injury.

Hyde has had a bad start to the year but shouldn't be put into the same group as Krakouer or Tivendale.

Currently we have only 9 players on our list over the age of 25 (Richardson, Johnson, Brown,Bowden, Simmonds, Kingsley,Tivendale,Knobel, Hall)

Now, if we were to get rid of Bowden, Simmo and Tivva we would currently have two players playing for us over the age of 25 - and both carrying injuries. So who would you expect Graham, Edwards or Thursfield will turn to when in need for on field guidance? Patterson, McGuane and Jackson?

We aren't Hawthorn. Trading away good players or getting rid of them just because their "too old", for draft picks isn't the way to go. You need a mix of players and a gradual change over time.

Btw, Krakouer is only 24... i can see a club like North maybe willing to talk about a trade.

I'd be happy to trade Joel Bowden or Simmonds for a decent offer.

We get trashed every week as it is.

You know your list is in a very sad state when half few players aged over 25 (sposed to be your better players) include the like of Kinsgley, Tivendale, KNobel and Hall.

i reckon p1ss off troll. i think you are the by product of what happens when cousins have intimate relations. at least start an original thread like 'trade richo' or 'tambling v franklin'. real good stuff. you get out much, or to busy harnessing your skills on the banjo???:)

More wreckless abuse hurled at a fellow Richmond supporter voicing his opinion and just trying to stimulate conversation. And you call those thread ideas original?

No.
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before someone comes up with a trade for Judd that somehow includes Tivendale.

I don't hate Tivendale but lmao. :p

dude, nice to see you listen to Voss on a couple of occassions. Problem is that Voss doesnt suggest, Oh and bowden has ****ed it up again...or how Bowden has that uncanny ability to time his run towards a contested ball, so he gets there just after the opposition has got their frst and the ball is away and gone. ;)

Just because Vossy stated the bleeding obvious doesnt mean it wasnt true. Watch his games from last year and you will see joel often takes risks to zone off and help out teammates.

He only cares for himself.

How about when he berated MCGuane for stuffing up which resulted in a Port Goal, forget that the ball also went between his legs and funny how he forgot the humiliating turnover last week which saw the ball fly back over his head from a kick out.

He is supposed to be a leader FFS, wouldnt have hurt him to go over to McGuane and give him some encouragement. As Voss said that what leaders do with the younger players.

But no not from our leaders at Richmond, all are contaminated toxic waste from the 90's who care about themselves.

I agree with everything you said and its the reason why i never ever want him to be the Richmond Captain, similar thing with Richo.

I'd be happy to trade Joel Bowden or Simmonds for a decent offer.

We get trashed every week as it is.

You know your list is in a very sad state when half few players aged over 25 (sposed to be your better players) include the like of Kinsgley, Tivendale, KNobel and Hall.

It would have to be a very good offer. Simmo second best ruckmen last year and Bowden AA. It would hard to find a good replacement.

We get thrashed every week as it is? Do you even watch us? Or does every week mean the last two weeks to you? In four out of seven games we have lost by under 25 points.

Hardly thrashings. Unless you just like repeating everything the media says.

like i suggested, it was just a question if the right offer came up. i personally reckon he is weak as water and plays for himself. but look hawthorn made the hard decisons to trade there best forward thompson at the time and hay best defender at the time. has it hurt them, no. with the right deals they have done very well making the hard call.

He's also what, 29?

This is funny... I actually Like Hyde and Krackhour.... and on his day, Tivendale is the best deliver of the ball.

For me, Bowden and Richo will never leave the club... and they should NEVER be pushed. I reckon Trent Knoble, Thursfeild, Patrick Bowden, Gaspar (thank god he's gone) and Oakley NIcholls must go..

This is funny... I actually Like Hyde and Krackhour.... and on his day, Tivendale is the best deliver of the ball.

For me, Bowden and Richo will never leave the club... and they should NEVER be pushed. I reckon Trent Knoble, Thursfeild, Patrick Bowden, Gaspar (thank god he's gone) and Oakley NIcholls must go..
you on the turps again mate??:D

are you a complete idiot. why would be get rid of a kid who has played 5 or so games who we picked at pick 8 in the draft last year. i know its your opinion but seriously buddy that is ridiculous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back