Opinion Player list management and game plan 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Hinkley spoke about Polec was very honest but suggested him leaving is a real possibility and that we won’t over pay him. North’s first and second for Polec and our first/saints second?

Any interest in scrimshaw at GCS?

Just going to throw some crazy ones out there but I think we could really use this type of player - Riley Knight and Rory Atkins.

Lol

We paid a first and second pick for glass ankles we want him out of our club Dixon and Ryder who was ready to walk out on Essendon regardless of any trade.

If we were the team trading for Polec it would cost us our first 2 picks. I’m not sure why people think we would let Polec go for half of what teams charge us at the trade table.

Lol

We paid a first and second pick for glass ankles we want him out of our club Dixon and Ryder who was ready to walk out on Essendon regardless of any trade.

If we were the team trading for Polec it would cost us our first 2 picks. I’m not sure why people think we would let Polec go for half of what teams charge us at the trade table.
This

The way Hinkley spoke about Polec was very honest but suggested him leaving is a real possibility and that we won’t over pay him. North’s first and second for Polec and our first/saints second?

Any interest in scrimshaw at GCS?

Just going to throw some crazy ones out there but I think we could really use this type of player - Riley Knight and Rory Atkins.

Scrimshaw will be back in Vic next year.

Riley Knight yes. Rory Atkins can gtfo

Scrimshaw will be back in Vic next year.

Riley Knight yes. Rory Atkins can gtfo

If you change your mind I have a block of cheese in the fridge :p

Lol

I don’t disagree nor do I think the club would ask for less. I would be asking for North’s pick 10 but just thinking they wouldn’t be happy to cough up that. Hard to know what he is worth, we probably slightly over rate him, outside our club - they probably under rate him. Navicular injuries are horrible and his form has been up and down. Devon Smith cost a first rounder, I think that’s reasonable for Polec. But pick 10 is high, that’s all.

Any chance of Riley knight? Or purely pie in the sky?

I think he could quite comfortably still on a wing/HFF for us.
We haven't done business with the crows in over 10 years. Can't see that happening anytime soon.

It’s a funny thing. I hate the concept of a port player in tingles gear and vice versa, but is it worse than a Richmond/Melbourne/Carlton/Collingwood player switching club.
Yes, it's much worse.

Edit: The only way I'm dealing with the crows is if we grab one of their players as a free agent without having to trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t disagree nor do I think the club would ask for less. I would be asking for North’s pick 10 but just thinking they wouldn’t be happy to cough up that. Hard to know what he is worth, we probably slightly over rate him, outside our club - they probably under rate him. Navicular injuries are horrible and his form has been up and down. Devon Smith cost a first rounder, I think that’s reasonable for Polec. But pick 10 is high, that’s all.
It is time Port played a bit more hard ball. If Norf want him and there’s a bidding war we need to extract as much as possible. We seem to accept unders to let players move yet give overs to get players here

It is time Port played a bit more hard ball. If Norf want him and there’s a bidding war we need to extract as much as possible. We seem to accept unders to let players move yet give overs to get players here
Exactly this. If they want to pay Polec 700-800K per season, they can offer up something to us which reflects what they think he's worth paying. At 700-800K per season, that's at least a first rounder, possibly more.

Their offering 700k x 5

They rate him

Also he is way way ahead of Smith when he got traded for a first

Based on last year's trading it doesn't seem to matter who we bring in unless we get change off the field. I would like to be enthusiastic about trading but unless the people in the Coaches Box are changed introducing new blood into the list will have little effect. We would be better off if we didn't make a trade but got rid of Hinkley, Voss and Nicks and the low skill dumb footy midset they have instilled at Alberton. I am convinced we already have the talent on the list but we do not have the people who can get the best out of the talent we already have. While on the subject Kochie has also reached his use by date. The decision to reappoint Hinkley last year was mind bogglingly dumb and Koch has to wear that.

I know changing the Coaching staff and the President is not going to happen so we need to focus on our immediate needs- a good quality backup ruckman for Ryder is surely a priority. At 22 years of age Frampton doesn't have the Coach's confidence and still hasn't played an AFL game, Hayes is still a teenager and Paddy will be 31 next year and is starting to run into injury. We need an AFL ready player who is capable of playing in the ruck and up forward. Not an easy task but we have a glaring weakness in our ruck stocks and we need to fix it. Again that is only going to happen if the people pulling the strings realise they ****ed up and decide to invest in an experienced back up ruckman.

Before we have chorus of 'easier said than done' I suggest the critics go and look at Shaun McKernan who we s**t canned a few years back. This year McKernan has played 10 games booted 16 goals, averaged 5.6 marks and 13 disposals per game. Jack Watts has only booted 16 goals and Dixon 17 and both have averaged less marks. Those figures do not make McKernan the best ruckman/ forward in the league but it does make him a good example of the type of back up we could use. Whoever we bring in does not have to be a world beater but he does have to be able to cover for a few years while the likes of Hayes and Frampton develop. The players are out there we just need to sus them out.

Last edited:
After today you'd have to think we'd work hard to get Lycett.

No Ryder, no Port and we'll be lucky to have Ryder 14 games a year from here on.

Not sure we'd get anything for Pittard now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back