List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blake Acres sounds like a dodgy Delfin development in bogan heartland.

Someone made comment Finlayson as a winger. I actually like that idea. He seems to have the tank and would be handy with that height.
I'm not sold on it but could definitely be convinced. I saw the cats/tigers game live and the cat's won the game by putting Jeremy Cameron in the middle. Literally in centre bounce and then used his as the outside disposal user with his elite field kicking.

Finlayson has similar field kicking so if we can have that as an option I'm all onboard.

Watching Tom Highmore, who looks like a genuinely good footballer to me, got me thinking that there are actually quite a few decent or developing out of contract key and 3rd tall defenders with an SA connection this year:
  • Brandon Zerk-Thatcher
  • Tom Highmore
  • Jy Farrar (contracted to 2023 but probably getable)
  • Will Gould
The age profile and quality of our tall defenders makes me really nervous. Only Aliir and Clurely look like being on our list in 18 months time and by then they will be 29 and 30 respectively. I’m ignoring Pasini as a yet to debut rookie in the early stages of an ACL recovery.

I have’t included Aaron Francis on my ‘decent’ list but I wouldn’t be shocked if he wound up on our rookie list next year.

He will be our wingman next yr DBJ could add leadership as well straight swap for Rankine 😉
No chance GC do a straight swap. Think they have learnt from the Lachie Weller trade. They would ask for Houston & a 2nd. Or Bonnie & our Amon compo.

Watching Tom Highmore, who looks like a genuinely good footballer to me, got me thinking that there are actually quite a few decent or developing out of contract key and 3rd tall defenders with an SA connection this year:
  • Brandon Zerk-Thatcher
  • Tom Highmore
  • Jy Farrar (contracted to 2023 but probably getable)
  • Will Gould
The age profile and quality of our tall defenders makes me really nervous. Only Aliir and Clurely look like being on our list in 18 months time and by then they will be 29 and 30 respectively. I’m ignoring Pasini as a yet to debut rookie in the early stages of an ACL recovery.

I have’t included Aaron Francis on my ‘decent’ list but I wouldn’t be shocked if he wound up on our rookie list next year.
I like Highmore but he's not really a key defender. More a Tom Harley/Nick Maxwell type. That goes for most of the other guys you've mentioned too, the only one who's really a KPD is Zerk-Thatcher.

Last edited:
We need a one on one lockdown, big, tall KPD. That would allow Clurey/Jonas/McKenzie to play the third tall role and let Aliir intercept. Problem is, almost every club needs such a player and they take time to develop. I would look at whether there are tall forwards that could be converted and would even have a chat with Liam Jones.

We need a one on one lockdown, big, tall KPD. That would allow Clurey/Jonas/McKenzie to play the third tall role and let Aliir intercept. Problem is, almost every club needs such a player and they take time to develop. I would look at whether there are tall forwards that could be converted and would even have a chat with Liam Jones.
Could they be trying to convert Ollie Lord into a KPD? Noticed he played full back last weekend and been named their this weekend 🤷‍♂️

Could they be trying to convert Ollie Lord into a KPD? Noticed he played full back last weekend and been named their this weekend 🤷‍♂️
I mentioned that we should try him there a mth ago when we picked up Teakle.
Was shot down by the usual suspects but makes sense to at least give it a try.

Ive been keen on Zerk-Thatcher for a while. He's the right size, age and experience profile for us imo.

Ive been keen on Zerk-Thatcher for a while. He's the right size, age and experience profile for us imo.
Do you think he could take the big forward? I've thought he is more of a 3rd tall type but Is 195cm.

I like Highmore but he's not really a key defender. More a Tom Harley/Nick Maxwell type. That goes for most of the other guys you've mentioned too, the only one who's really a KPD is Zerk-Thatcher.
Yeah completely agree, Highmore/Gould/Farrar are 3rd talls that could play Tom Jonas’ role. I think that’s a fairly pressing need as I can’t see Jonas holding down a spot in the best 22 for long once he hands over the captaincy.

I liked the idea of zerk but the idea probably turned out to be better than the reality.

We’re so desperate for key defenders we almost should look at any young tall with a heartbeat, but I wouldn’t go very hard and with him being in contract I’m not sure whether dons would take a late nothing pick for him this year, which is all I would be willing to part with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If any players got shaken loose from Sydney Logan McDonald looks just like Wayne Carey at the same age. I'd sooner have him than Horne-Francis although that would be a great consolation prize. Imagine getting McDonald and then getting Lukocious as a free agent. Even Ken might take them to a premiership.
McDonald a real talent

Stengle played well tonight for Geelong. Had a good season. Probably could have got him cheap in our own backyard. Mcentee excelling in a similar pressure forward role! Well done Ken.

Stengle played well tonight for Geelong. Had a good season. Probably could have got him cheap in our own backyard. Mcentee excelling in a similar pressure forward role! Well done Ken.
Don't care how well he is going.
It was the right decision at the time not to recruit him.
Well done Ken.

Stengle never ever ever ever ever ever showed he was capable of playing competent football at either Richmond or the crows.

Durdin from Carlton?

Also can we get the Geelong fitness staff? How are all their players bigger, able to stand up in tackles and able to outrun everyone?
Pink Floyd Drugs GIF by Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back