List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycett number one ruck

Frustrated Daniel Day Lewis GIF
A comment like that is a solid pointer (if it was even required), that Hayes is goneski.

It’s either an outright lie or Geelong are completely fudging the cap rules

If hawkins is getting paid 200k next year I’ll eat a rusty bucket full of glass.
I have no idea if he's getting ASA money or hessian sack money from Geelong's benefactors, but I've heard from a few people he was more than happy to take a small wage for the last couple of years. He's got his farm sorted financially, and he's just playing for glory so he was happy to contribute to that by a reduced salary.

So has the penny finally dropped, in lieu of CDs comments admitting we struggle to contain the games best KPFs? How can he honestly speak about the club wanting to compete for a Premiership next year when it refuses to seriously address this critical issue every single off-season?

Come on Chris, we all know Ken will once again be gambling on Jonas, McKenzie, Clurey to turn it around again next season, by using his philosophy of trying “hardery for longery“ as his justification. Talks cheap mate, don’t take all your members & supporters for idiots & fools. Trade in a reliable KPD this year, or drop the Premiership talk, you can’t have both.

Sure hawkins could easily be taking less than what he could get .. less is less, less is a fraction.

Less isn’t the lowest paid non-rookie on geelongs list.

Well that’s a kick in the ******* teeth.

Anyone who wants to get in ready now players to compete next year just accept your condoning flushing money and assets down the ******* toilet.

We ain’t winning s**t with lycett as our number 1 ruck after he’s been s**t for years and getting older and worse.

2023 is just a waste of a year where we’re waiting for the inevitable so we can reset.

It’s just a matter of how badly we * up the list before a new coach takes over.

Dude will be 31 next year. Zero point adding another 30+ 193cm key defender to the list.

CD was talking about end of first round.
Who do you think we can actually get in thats better than Lycett and remember we arent gonna have 2 ruckman getting over 600k on the list.
A mature age backup is what ibwould like to see

Who do you think we can actually get in thats better than Lycett and remember we arent gonna have 2 ruckman getting over 600k on the list.
A mature age backup is what ibwould like to see
Ideally we go back four years and never recruit Lycett in the first place.

Ryder as lead ruck for an extra year or two with Ladhams and Hayes primed to replace him would have been better than what we ended up with for about $600k a year cheaper.

Hey guys just on Rioli (nothing new here, but just giving a WCE fan perspective), he definitely would be the ideal player on your team. I think the question you guys would need to ask is if you guys think you'll be pushing top 4 next season. Rioli is probably one of only a few players on our squad with real value, taking into account age. Definitely in our best 10 players, even thought this during our flag year.

I think he's just as important as Ryan for us, don't let the number of goals fool you. His score involvements are high, tackles and is a one touch player. Probably our best field and set shot kick at the club. He would be a good fit playing alongside Charlie and Mitch. I guess the biggest issue is his health and age, but he missed 2 seasons so probably has more to give at the back end of that deal than most at that age.

Some rumours that certain Cats players alledgedly get very favourable benefits related to real estate in the Geelong area by generous club benefactors, so there are ways to rort the system beyond contract $$.

Benefiting via shrewd financial decisions would be a fact of life at most clubs I would imagine.

CD on Mitch. Whilst it's reasonably definitive that he's required and won't be leaving for now, it's not quiet as definitive 'shut the door' as I'd like.

Perhaps these days clubs cant be 100% definitive. As CD said....they 'hope'

Mitch Georgiades​

Is Georgiades looking for opportunities elsewhere?

“I think that was another one that gathered a head of steam itself,” said Davies of the Port forward.

“I imagine when Junior (Rioli) highlighted that he wanted to come to Port Adelaide, it was more coming from Perth about who potentially West Coast might be interested in at Port Adelaide.

“So it’s not something that we’ve contemplated at all.

“‘Georgy’ is contracted to our club and we see him as a pretty important part of our forward line into the future.

“There’s not too many 20, 21-year-old players that have had the number of shots on goal that he has had over the last couple of years.

“We took a punt on him. He hadn’t played the year before we drafted him. He’s done some really good work for us and he’s going to be a 10-plus year AFL forward who you don’t contemplate giving up very lightly.

“Mitch will be at our club, for - we hope - a good period of time.”

Interesting that Jordan Sweet and Caleb Poulter were strongly linked to Adelaide for the past week. Now Adelaide have come out and said they have no interest. Right city, wrong club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Jordan Sweet and Caleb Poulter were strongly linked to Adelaide for the past week. Now Adelaide have come out and said they have no interest. Right city, wrong club?
It's all sen and their shitty sources.

Dunkley was 100% coming here
Sweet and Poulter was going to the crows
Port adelaide is going to bolster their 22.

All garbage

So has the penny finally dropped, in lieu of CDs comments admitting we struggle to contain the games best KPFs? How can he honestly speak about the club wanting to compete for a Premiership next year when it refuses to seriously address this critical issue every single off-season?

Come on Chris, we all know Ken will once again be gambling on Jonas, McKenzie, Clurey to turn it around again next season, by using his philosophy of trying “hardery for longery“ as his justification. Talks cheap mate, don’t take all your members & supporters for idiots & fools. Trade in a reliable KPD this year, or drop the Premiership talk, you can’t have both.
Absolutely spot on. Chris Davies; the man that called our performance in the 2021 Preliminary Final an "abomination" then proceeded to do * all with bro hand-shake Ken. Out the door with your bestie CD.

His agent wouldn't be too happy about that.
His earnings are tied to his clients earnings.

Are you trying to tell me agents don't get the most satisfaction out of being good people?

Hinkley and Jonas saying they don't know why is a euphemism for a lot of it has to do with injuries but it is considered whinging to blame a bad season on injuries so better to look a bit bewildered and say we will leave no stone unturned to find out why.

Consider if we had only 4 of these 8 players available uninjured for the whole season:

Fantasia
Lycett
Jones
Sinn
Duursma
Dixon
McKenzie/Clurey
Bergman

not to mention what impact Wine's atrial fibrillation had on his season. A difference of only 5% makes a tremendous difference to elite athletes playing at that level. Gray has admitted to playing with a crumbly knee all year as well after being injured early in the season and was inexplicably then forced to play much of the season in the midfield instead of up forward.

We may not have finished in the top 4, but we almost certainly have played finals.
Port’s draw this year was extremely hard.

Port’s injuries this year were a problem, losing the dominant forward and premium small forward for a half and a full season respectively hurt our scoring power. Aliir going down with Port leading at the Gabba in Round One cost the club that game, and Aliir for a large chunk of the early part of the year.

And then Scott Lycett went down and Robbie Gray spent a few weeks out, Butters had 10 weeks off etc, so yeah, there were issues.

Our list mangemnet team know what they are doing, I look forward to seeing a few surprises from their results and with a better draw next year I expect to play finals; albeit, Ken has to win a Prelim to keep his job. After all Scottie has just waited ten year to win a flag.

Once Lycett gets back, let's copy the mobilty of Geelong and play Finlayson on the wing.

Hey guys just on Rioli (nothing new here, but just giving a WCE fan perspective), he definitely would be the ideal player on your team. I think the question you guys would need to ask is if you guys think you'll be pushing top 4 next season. Rioli is probably one of only a few players on our squad with real value, taking into account age. Definitely in our best 10 players, even thought this during our flag year.

I think he's just as important as Ryan for us, don't let the number of goals fool you. His score involvements are high, tackles and is a one touch player. Probably our best field and set shot kick at the club. He would be a good fit playing alongside Charlie and Mitch. I guess the biggest issue is his health and age, but he missed 2 seasons so probably has more to give at the back end of that deal than most at that age.
This reads like a used car salesman trying to convince you the car he’s peddling you isn’t a dud.

But the guy was one of our best players (on a dud team)

And he’s really good (if you ignore the last 2 years)

Yeah he’s a decent player

Yeah we need a small forward

But west fans are really trying to oversell him.

A comment like that is a solid pointer (if it was even required), that Hayes is goneski.
I reckon will we trade out about three players.

For his own development Hayes should move on; it is his choice and he can still end up playing in black & white; albeit, Pie jumper.
The trade fast-dating week has not yet started; where each club show me yours/I will show you mine, has list of players they are prepared to give up.

Let the fun begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back