List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no idea whether Frampton is any more than a 'solid SANFL player' or not, because we never gave him a chance to prove himself at AFL level, because even though we were in desperate need for talls for most of the year we gave him 2 games this year while Sam Gray played 20.

Amazing that even 17 clubs showing no interest in him in trade week hasn't woken our supporters up to the fact that he's a list clogger. And Ken Hinkley has given him 96 games. It's not quite Jake Neade level of getting 66 games at AFL level and then spending half the next year in the SANFL reserves, but it's still pretty ****ing bad.
Frampton couldn't find any takers either ... oh ... wait ....

Why do people threaten membership?

1. True members are probably those who may: frequent the club, have dinner there, go to functions. Support the club in volunteer hours. Have some relationship with past present players. Perhaps have some true insight into the club. How big is this group?- 3-5k

2. Fans - the fluctuating group of people that buy into media speculation. They may love the club, they may also whinge about it. 5-50k? The club wants you to feel like you are in Group 1, but this ain’t really true.

I dare say many BigFooty folk, and myself included are in group 2. I have decided I will pay for “membership” regardless. Because ultimately I want the best for the club. I also have no influence. They can have my nominal $$ each year.

Imagine if we could harness all the s**t comment time spent on BigFooty, thinking there is some great collective influence, into meaningfully promoting PAFC to the world

What you should be worried about is the fact that Cripps has bought in to the “No players that can only play one area of the ground” mantra that Ken preaches.

Which means we are building a list for Hinkley’s style of football.

If McKenzie plays like he did in the SANFL in the end half of the year, Dougal leaving will mean very little, problem is he probably won’t.

we have to stop pretending like Howard is some Ben brown stopping machine. Even as a defender when we played those teams with the tall forwards he often didn’t play on them. Dougal has always been a good spoiler and intercept player but I wouldn’t say he is a great defender

I love the fact that from the recruiting staff to the coach, to the CEO and to the bloke who MC's post game functions they find time to tell all of the supporters questioning the decisions they make that they really know nothing and that leave it to the experts. I mean the results have proven they are experts getting it right, right?

The worst thing about that is that the board fall for it hook line and sinker.

JC "Sure it looks bad on the face of it Kochie but you don't have all the information we do. Did I mention we are working really hard"

DK "You're so right Crippa, you are the best in the business. The members are so ill informed and ungrateful. Ten year contract then...?"

If McKenzie plays like he did in the SANFL in the end half of the year, Dougal leaving will mean very little, problem is he probably won’t.

we have to stop pretending like Howard is some Ben brown stopping machine. Even as a defender when we played those teams with the tall forwards he often didn’t play on them. Douglas has always been a good spoiler and intercept player but I wouldn’t say he is a great defender
Problem is, McKenzie is 191cm tall not 199 nor is he particularly fast where as Howard is very quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is, McKenzie is 191cm tall not 199 nor is he particularly fast where as Howard is very quick.
Pure defending though (structure, positioning, stopping your opponent) I would argue Howard lacked. Can be 207cm but if you don’t have those things you will never be a good player

I would argue the fact that he is 199cm proves he is lacking a lot because there is no way we would move him to the forward line or drop him if he was a capable defender

Why do people threaten membership?

1. True members are probably those who may: frequent the club, have dinner there, go to functions. Support the club in volunteer hours. Have some relationship with past present players. Perhaps have some true insight into the club. How big is this group?- 3-5k

2. Fans - the fluctuating group of people that buy into media speculation. They may love the club, they may also whinge about it. 5-50k? The club wants you to feel like you are in Group 1, but this ain’t really true.

I dare say many BigFooty folk, and myself included are in group 2. I have decided I will pay for “membership” regardless. Because ultimately I want the best for the club. I also have no influence. They can have my nominal $$ each year.

Imagine if we could harness all the s**t comment time spent on BigFooty, thinking there is some great collective influence, into meaningfully promoting PAFC to the world
Are we to idly sit and watch Hinkley, Thomas, Koch and the Board destroy the club?? The only thing they understand is the bottom line. What else do you suggest?

I would argue the fact that he is 199cm proves he is lacking a lot because there is no way we would move him to the forward line or drop him if he was a capable defender
Ken decided to dick around playing Howard out of position, and with his rock solid history of moving guys like Boak and Jackson Trengove out of position to enormous success, how can we question his decision?

Ken decided to dick around playing Howard out of position, and with his rock solid history of moving guys like Boak and Jackson Trengove out of position to enormous success, how can we question his decision?
People forget that we were complaining about Jacko in defence before Hinkley moved him.

all Im saying is that if he was a great defender he wouldn’t had been moved. Definitely wouldn’t had been dropped. Doesn’t mean he won’t turn out good. But he was a below average player for us.

I just don’t think he is as good as people think he is. Ben Brown/JJK would destroy Howard 1v1, I don’t care if Clurey is smaller I would trust him more every day of the week

People forget that we were complaining about Jacko in defence before Hinkley moved him.
?

all Im saying is that if he was a great defender he wouldn’t had been moved.
Being a ’good bloke’ is more important to our selection panel than form, capability, or potential to improve.

Trying out the old ipso facto like this (Ken did something ergo its correct) makes you look foolish

You don't have all the information they have...

And the one where 2 tall fwds kicked 14 goals between them. Must have been a nightmare I had.

Ben Brown could have been 5'3 and he still would have kicked 10. Him being tall wasn't the reason he kicked a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back