List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Na, we'll agree to disagree. In a side that probably has the most vanilla midfield in the comp, none of those are better than him. He has been there most dangerous mid for years IMO. He kicked 3 goals and had 22 touches on one leg in his 3rd last game there.

They've lost 2 quality players, brought in 3 starters, and some fringe players. I dont see much of a rise. They need top end talent to fill their list which is devoid of quality.
Hill on nearly 1 million dollars is the most laughable contract in the league. That's aside I think they have done ok. They'll push for the 8.

Steven most definitely wasn’t their best mid.

You may be getting confused with Steele but even then Armitage and Ross are better than him.

Steven would be lucky to be best 22 at his age and fitness level. His one good attribute was speed and god he looked bad at the end of the year without that.

Armitage hasn't been best 22 for two seasons and just got delisted. This is a very poor post on a lot of levels.

Pretty sure Armitage retired a couple of months ago.

Nah, he didn't retire. He wanted to play on but St Kilda didn't offer him a contract. Nor did anyone else.

Paddys cooked, Zac Jones is a terrible footballer, Howard is up and down, Butler meh. Only decent one is Hill.

Meanwhile they've lost their best midfielder, lost their best marking forward, and a good utility in Acres.

I'm not sure they've improved their list to be honest.

Steven most definitely wasn’t their best mid.

You may be getting confused with Steele but even then Armitage and Ross are better than him.

Steven would be lucky to be best 22 at his age and fitness level. His one good attribute was speed and god he looked bad at the end of the year without that.

He had a s**t year as he missed most of it with personal issues. He won their best and fairest the year before and has won 3 of the last 5. He was absolutely their best mid and missed him this year.

So we’ve seen McBeans name come up, and I reckon he is definitely the answer up forward, but with Howard leaving what about McBeans Glenelg teammate/captain Chris Curran to shore up the defence?

Hes the same height as Mckenzie

im not saying not to put those in charge under the microscope. A classic example of what i am talking about is what i heard driving to work this morning on 5aa by the 2 crows ambassadors. Go find the link they were rubbishing our club saying the dougal howard trade will drive a wedge between the supporters blah blah blah. Yesterday it was the bucks show then we had the project idiots last night. They will pot us at any opportunity.we need to stay united. Yes hate the kkks for thier efforts but hate the other 17 clubs more. Its us against the rest. The club will still be here long after ken and co. are gone. Lets at least hold up our end of the bargain and not give the knob heads more reason to kick us
You still give them ratings, gees.

I just watched the all the goals video from the Showdown we won this year and Dougal Howard featured prominently :shrug:
Yeah I made the mistake of doing that as well. Now go and watch the GWS game where he had 5 touches, 2 of which were goals handed to him on a plate but for the rest of the game just couldn’t get anywhere near the ball. We lost by a point with all the momentum and the ball in our forward line for about 90% of the last quarter. That was Dougals last game.

Tredders pretty pissed off with our coaches chopping and changing tacticss and Doooooogs being the fallout. Mentions Monty too. Also says club were keener to keep Frampton than Dooogs. As for Cripps he is saying don’t shoot the messenger.. is just doing what coaches wanted.

Tredders pretty pissed off with our coaches chopping and changing tacticss and Doooooogs being the fallout. Mentions Monty too. Also says club were keener to keep Frampton than Dooogs. As for Cripps he is saying don’t shoot the messenger.. is just doing what coaches wanted.
One can still justifiably shoot the messenger for the way he carried and delivered the message, content notwithstanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking more on Tredders comments...
it sounds like the change in our game plan was to intercept and rebound the ball quickly further up the ground rather then letting it get to the back and then spoil it so we could reset. ( Dougal’s specialty)
Monty was expecting him to mark the ball in order to do this.
Dougal was left out while he worked on this craft
Monty said as much early in the year, saying Dougal knew what he had to do.
He didn’t improve much in this area so perhaps Monty saw him as unsuitable to play the way he and Ken want the Port defence to play ( to enable quicker football)
Then we were after more draft currency to balance the team, and improve and Dougal became the answer when he was offered the big bucks by the Saints and wanting to go there?

But he's a lot better than anyone else we've got for the role. He's not the complete player by any means but he's got some great attributes and potential to develop. Now we've got nothing in defence but the 2 undersized plodders. And Cripps implying that Watts and Westhoff are the answers as tall defenders is idiotic.
2 undersized plodders? Surely you are not including Clurey in this statement? Clurey may not be the bulking full back (he cant help being 5 cm shorter than what's required) but he is the one and only shining light for Ports defence.

David Armitage hasn't been a thing for almost 4 years now.. I would replace him with Dunstan in that mid trio.

Take this year out of it as he has had a lot of issues. But he was definitely their best midfielder over the last 4-5 years.

Armitage hasn't been best 22 for two seasons and just got delisted. This is a very poor post on a lot of levels

He had a s**t year as he missed most of it with personal issues. He won their best and fairest the year before and has won 3 of the last 5. He was absolutely their best mid and missed him this year.

Fair call on Armitage I was thinking in the past their too much the same that you guys are with Steven.

Yes he WAS their best mid 2 years ago in his prime at 26-27 but they didn’t lose their best mid this trade period which is what the point was.

It’s the equivalent of saying Carlton lost their best mid in Marc Murphy. He WAS their best mid but there is absolutely zero chance Steven would’ve been going into this season as their best mid ahead of Ross or Steele or is right now after having a terrible 2019 as an aged, overweight, absolute plodder who was butchering the ball.

He will be 30 when the season starts, was 15kg overweight at the end of the season and Ross has definitely well surpassed him into his prime now as has Steele so no St Kilda didn’t lose their best midfielder.

Thinking more on Tredders comments...
it sounds like the change in our game plan was to intercept and rebound the ball quickly further up the ground rather then letting it get to the back and then spoil it so we could reset. ( Dougal’s specialty)
Monty was expecting him to mark the ball in order to do this.
Dougal was left out while he worked on this craft
Monty said as much early in the year, saying Dougal knew what he had to do.
He didn’t improve much in this area so perhaps Monty saw him as unsuitable to play the way he and Ken want the Port defence to play ( to enable quicker football)
Then we were after more draft currency to balance the team, and improve and Dougal became the answer when he was offered the big bucks by the Saints and wanting to go there?

I think Tredrea was pretty pragmatic about the whole trade period .

He mentioned the coaching style of Bassett v Monty ..... front shoulder v back shoulder defensive approach. Back shoulder would definitely have been more Dougs style as hes not that strong body on body, but his pace would help effectively playing from behind.

Tredrea also defended Cripps as you say but did call out Kane for going hard because of a personal agenda against him (Cripps effectively tried to move Kane out).

Tredrea also defended Cripps as you say but did call out Kane for going hard because of a personal agenda against him (Cripps effectively tried to move Kane out).

Is there a Cornes alive that doesn't have a personal agenda with someone?

I think Tredrea was pretty pragmatic about the whole trade period .

He mentioned the coaching style of Bassett v Monty ..... front shoulder v back shoulder defensive approach. Back shoulder would definitely have been more Dougs style as hes not that strong body on body, but his pace would help effectively playing from behind.

More blaming of players not fitting into a coaches style rather than creating a game plan based around the available talent?

We aren't doing anything right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back