Training Training Report No.3 (Wednesday January 18, 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes he should. Witts was clearly the form ruckman of the side going on to round 1. He was pretty much the only player on the ground who actually had an excuse for having a poor game considering he had to play with split webbing for 3 quarters.

So you saying the Split Webbing was the Beginning of the end of Witts at Collngwood and Grundy got a Kick up the Ass from that?

Grundy must of really sucked in the Pre-Season then.

Remember Gault played in that Game:straining:

Witts only played 2 games last year and only one of them was alongside Grundy

Sliding door moment, who knows how many games he would have played if he hadn't split the webbing in his hands round 1.

Sliding door moment, who knows how many games he would have played if he hadn't split the webbing in his hands round 1.

So Grundy might of Been the 1 Traded IF Witts does not get Injured Then?

Grundy should never Missed RD 1. That team was a Shocker

Grundy had a very ordinary preseason so why should he have played ahead of Witts who'd had a good preseason?

Grundy had a very ordinary preseason so why should he have played ahead of Witts who'd had a good preseason?

So you think then him Missing being Dropped in RD1 was the Kick up the Ass Grundy needed as he not looked back since

So Grundy might of Been the 1 Traded IF Witts does not get Injured Then?

I doubt they would have traded either if Witts hadn't asked to be traded.

I doubt they would have traded either if Witts hadn't asked to be traded.

Good Point. We did offer Witts a Contract but he saw Grundy had gone way past him. Wanted to go to a Club where he had a Better Chance of Coming the Number 1 Ruck.

That is why I was surprised he went to the Suns where they have Nicholls

So you think then him Missing being Dropped in RD1 was the Kick up the Ass Grundy needed as he not looked back since

Took a long time to get going, wasn't really consistent until after the bye. Was probably lucky Witts hand injury got infected and kept him out for 6-7 games.

So you saying the Split Webbing was the Beginning of the end of Witts at Collngwood and Grundy got a Kick up the Ass from that?

Grundy must of really sucked in the Pre-Season then.

Remember Gault played in that Game:straining:
You've got a short memory if you can't remember Witts performing better than Grundy in NAB 12 months ago. And show a little respect Dave, Witts earned his round 1 spot, he didn't get it by default because of Grundy sucking. Even Pendles was commenting how it had been a pleasure to have Witts tapping it to advantage consistently last preseason.

And yes. The split webbing was absolutely the beginning of the end for Witts at Collingwood.

You've got a short memory if you can't remember Witts performing better than Grundy in NAB 12 months ago. And show a little respect Dave, Witts earned his round 1 spot, he didn't get it by default because of Grundy sucking. Even Pendles was commenting how it had been a pleasure to have Witts tapping it to advantage consistently last preseason.

And yes. The split webbing was absolutely the beginning of the end for Witts at Collingwood.

I don't have the Greatest Memory.

Be Intresting IF Witts Stayed IF that Formed Continued? That is why I brought up Grundy possible Trade IF he was the 1 playing in the 2nds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have the Greatest Memory.

Be Intresting IF Witts Stayed IF that Formed Continued? That is why I brought up Grundy possible Trade IF he was the 1 playing in the 2nds
I don't think that they'd trade Grundy under any circumstances, even if Witts had stayed. From what I've heard they regard him as a genuine franchise player, the same as Moore and Elliott.

I don't think that they'd trade Grundy under any circumstances, even if Witts had stayed. From what I've heard they regard him as a genuine franchise player, the same as Moore and Elliott.

Especially after the 2nd Half of the Season he put up

Let's get a few things straight.

Witts was never the no.1 ruckman at The club. I suggest you go back to the preseason last year and watch how poor Witts actually played. Particularly against the doggies. He couldn't hit a target, dropped costly marks in defence, he's slow and can only play ruck.

Anyone who actually believes that if Witts didn't split the webbing in his hand he would have played more games it's delusional.

Grundy has been a standout since he was drafted. I watched him play a few VFL games and he tore it up. Particularly at the time where Hudson was mentoring him. He through his body around and tackled feriously.

Witts lacks confidence. The club wants to give him every chance to succeed. Also the club wanted to get something in return for him as they spent years developing him. Good luck to him at the Gold Coast.

If he had stayed at the Pies, he would be third or forth pick as ruckman in my view.

Jackson Ramsay had the shoulder strapping back on today, but looks to have completely recovered from his knee injury. Doesn’t appear to have lost any

This is the part I enjoyed the most. Love your work Mazzarjo!

Witts was never the no.1 ruckman at The club. I suggest you go back to the preseason last year and watch how poor Witts actually played. Particularly against the doggies. He couldn't hit a target, dropped costly marks in defence, he's slow and can only play ruck.

Anyone who actually believes that if Witts didn't split the webbing in his hand he would have played more games it's delusional.

Grundy has been a standout since he was drafted. I watched him play a few VFL games and he tore it up. Particularly at the time where Hudson was mentoring him. He through his body around and tackled feriously.

Witts lacks confidence. The club wants to give him every chance to succeed. Also the club wanted to get something in return for him as they spent years developing him. Good luck to him at the Gold Coast.

If he had stayed at the Pies, he would be third or forth pick as ruckman in my view.
Get a few things straight? Ease up there champ, don't mask your opinion as fact. The facts are that Witts in fact was the number 1 ruck leading in to round 1 2016, and his injury caused him to miss games. Whether or not you agree with the selection panel about his inclusion in that side over Grundy is an entirely different subject. Please don't pretend that Grundy was in any way ahead of Witts 12 months ago, because he wasn't. In fact, he was pretty bog average until after the bye last year.

Get a few things straight? Ease up there champ, don't mask your opinion as fact. The facts are that Witts in fact was the number 1 ruck leading in to round 1 2016, and his injury caused him to miss games. Whether or not you agree with the selection panel about his inclusion in that side over Grundy is an entirely different subject. Please don't pretend that Grundy was in any way ahead of Witts 12 months ago, because he wasn't. In fact, he was pretty bog average until after the bye last year.

I also recall Witts being the form ruckman heading into the 2016 season. He was definitely ahead of Grundy as the preferred ruckman, although neither had locked in the number 1 position.

That's certainly one view although I'm not too sure exactly how "straight" or factual it is.

They tried to trade Witts 12 months prior and he declined...

Yes they did. Doesn't mean they would have elected to trade him in 2016. The 2015 offer was an attempt to minimise the Treloar impost. Who was the big name player we were trying to attract in 2016 that required whatever we would have gained by electing to trade Witts?

Great report. Pity about the numerous posts about Grundy and Witts

Why is that a pity? I'm more than happy to enthuse about the preseason form of Grundy, just don't think we need to re-write history to do so. Far more appropriate to have a conversation with Dave rather than some of the responses directed at him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back